Sorcery! Part 4 is Out This September

It’s been a long and winding road, but Sorcery!’s [official site] fourth and final chapter, The Crown of Kings, is out September 15 on both Windows and Mac, bringing the epic journey to a close. Developers Inkle (80 Days) promise that Sorcery! Part 4: The Crown of Kings is “the longest, most complex, and most devious installment of Inkle’s acclaimed narrative series.”

The Sorcery! games are based on Steve Jackson’s fantasy game books of the same name. The story progresses by making choices at critical moments, although there is some dice rolling thrown in for you tabletop devotees. If you’re having trouble envisioning how this all works, Inkle have this handy trailer to help you out. Let’s take a look:

Neat right? You can play The Crown of Kings as a stand alone game, but the choices you make in the first three entries will come back to either haunt or reward you in this final hour.

Sorcery! Part 4 boasts hand-drawn maps and multiple good and bad endings to keep you guessing yourself. Not a bad way to spend a lazy afternoon at all. You’ll find Sorcery! Part 4 on Steam along with the previous three chapters.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. slerbal says:

I’ll definitely pick this up to complete the series even though I’ve not finished part 3 yet. So well made. A joy to play – and a great game for couch-based big tv gaming with my wife :)

Jekadu says:

The Sorcery! games are fantastically well made. The first part is a bit by-the-numbers, but the way the second and third part play with time travel mechanics are sheer genius. Really looking forward to the conclusion!

caff says:

I agree with the above – such wonderfully written games. I’ve a huge guilt for not finishing part 1, let alone parts 2 and 3.

4. dbsmith says:

Oh jeez, I am so lost in Part 3. Found 4 serpents, have NO idea where the other 3 are. Guess its walkthrough time!

Aerothorn says:

I assume you are making full use of the towers? I actually found it pretty easy to find them all, but I’m also an obsessive explorer. I don’t think you need a walkthrough – just explore areas you haven’t explored in times you haven’t explored them in.

5. syllopsium says:

This is a definite insta buy. When the original gamebooks were released years ago they were awesome, but the new adaptations surpass them in every way.

Here’s hoping after Sorcery! 4 they adapt other gamebooks or create their own IP, as the games so far are too good to stop at this stage..

Need to replay 3, I know there’s a hidden tunnel there, but I haven’t found it yet

6. Konservenknilch says:

Excellent games that really expand on the adventure book premise. Still a bit mystified by the combat mechanics though.

7. Bobsy says:

I find it very hard to push past part 2. Part 1 is fine – it drifts you towards the finish line no matter what, but part 2 gives you a definitive objective and is happy to have you drift right past that objective and end up at the end of the game without having all the necessary tools to complete it. It’s more than a little bit similar to the standard Fighting Fantasy books which would often do the same.

Harlander says:

You do get a couple of chances to go back and try again (though that ended up not being enough for me, and I had to start from scratch)

8. TomxJ says:

SAY NO TO BORING COMMUTES!

I finished part 3 a month or two ago. Been waiting for this to cross the finish line.

Comment on this story