The RPS Summer Games: AND THE WINNERS ARE…

Today is the day! The parade is prepared, Horace is hovering by the podium, and the orchestra is tuning up to play the current RPS national anthem (Cascada’s Evacuate The Dancefloor). Yes! It’s the grand final medal ceremony for the RPS Summer Games!

You’ll remember that last week we ended on a cliffhanger – Alice was in the lead after embracing capitalism and Devil Daggers, with John in second place and Alec and Graham close behind that. But thanks to the all-important audience vote on the Fan Art-Stravaganza! That could all change. But did it? Let’s find out…

The winner of the Fan-Artstravaganza! and therefore the whole RPS Summer Games was… Alec!

His tactic of cheating in the final event using an actually very good piece of fan art he worked on and made himself paid off and he waltzed away with a mighty 32% of the vote.

In case you’re curious, John scored 21% with his photo of his cute child and emotional blackmail No Man’s Sky tribute and I came third with 20% of you voting for my entirely original egg tempura rendition of the goddess Aphrodite from Smite. Alice got 12% for her “definitely a cosplay” selfie, Graham got 7% for a genuinely good gif which suffered from the fact gfycat images take a billion years to load on our site for some reason, Brendy’s terrifying Sonic The Hedgehog scored 5% and Adam’s failure to even show up warranted a surprisingly beefy 3%.

The winner of the final round gets 12 points while the others get nothing so! Here’s the final table of results:

AAAAAAAND the medal ceremony! Congrats to the three winners :D

Please stand for the national anthem.

From this site

1. Jreengus says:

I Can’t believe Alec won after I voted for Pip over 50 times! He must of cheated I bet that cheater had people voting for him multiple times! I demand a recount, in fact I volunteer to do the counting; as a perfectly impartial counter I shall make sure Pip wins!

Anyhow congratulations and well played to all involved.

2. Adam Smith says:

Thank you to the three percent who voted for my artistic non-entry. We are the real winners.

• Spacewalk says:

I didn’t vote but can I get a thanks anyway?

• A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Our pleasure. As I said at the time, I loved how meta your not submitting a piece was as a piece. Great work.

3. zsd says:

Congrats to all the competitors. Win or lose, their struggles and triumphs have given us all inspiration and lifelong memories.

I told myself I wouldn’t cry…

4. John Walker says:

I hate every single one of you.

5. Alec Meer says:

wowie! Thank you, appreciators of fine Cacodemon tragedy-based art.

6. Alice O'Connor says:

I crushed it in Devil Daggers so I’m happy knowing I’m the real winner.

• Iainn says:

You got two golds and one silver. Alec got one gold and two silver. The points system is clearly flawed!

7. Cooper says:

Evacuate the Dancefloor; a single so good that even though it was released a few days after Michael Jackson’s death it still managed to make it to number one, with the sale of MJ’s back catalogue trailing behind…

Gotta be honest though, personally I prefer the classic ‘Everytime We Touch’…

8. Talahar says:

But Pip cheated better than the rest of you! Yet she didn’t win?! What are you trying to teach our children here? That hard and honest work pays off?! That’s not how the real world functions! Shame on you! Shame!!!

9. Gothnak says:

And the Chinese aren’t even on the medal table, i’m surprised you haven’t made it to the BBC News front page.

10. RaunakS says:

Pip was robbed. That is all I can say. When do we get to take off our clothes and throw them at the judges?

11. NetharSpinos says:

Aww. But Pip was the plucky underdog dark horse! Isn’t it an unwritten law somewhere that she had to win, regardless of anything and anyone?

Listening to that track whilst reading this has put me in mind of games where the cast dance to the credits music. The image of John bodypopping to that will now not leave my head.

12. Stevostin says:

I feel bad that brendan entry was rated so low. I would like to change my vote. He should have been second. Maybe trying to play smart and conceptual bugged people off ?

13. TheAngriestHobo says:

Man, I forgot how long the national anthem is.

Catchy tune, though.

14. April March says:

I don’t if the fact that Cheaty Pip was DEAD LAST is depressing or lovely. Both, I think. Lovelipressing.

15. elDroid says:

So looking forward to the RPS Winter Games…

16. Smoky_the_Bear says:

So how does two golds and one silver lose to one gold and two silvers.

Was this like one of those gameshows where the final round is so valuable it renders the rest of the competition pointless and merely an exercise in filling time?