Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Unlock Times, DLC Season Pass Details

Gosh oh golly, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [official site] is out in less than 24 hours! Square Enix have confirmed Steam unlock times and I’m mighty excited. The cyberpunk FPS-RPG is pretty great, our Graham thinks – the lucky dog! Luckily for me and my overexcitement, publishers Square Enix have also poured a cool glass of cyberwater over my cyberhead to make me calm down and instead ask “Why would you do that now?” They’ve detailed the contents of Mankind Divided’s DLC Season Pass, y’see. Nothing cools that launch giddiness like DLC announcements!

Mankind Divded will unlock on Steam at 9am PDT on Tuesday, says a tweet, which is 12pm EST, 5pm BST, 6pm CEST, and so on. Here it is in every time zone.

Onto less exciting stuff! What will £24.99/29,99€/$29.99 get you in the DLC Season Pass? The stars will likely be two new story missions: ‘System Rift’, coming this autumn, and ‘A Criminal Past’, which is due in “early 2017.” No idea how big or how good they’ll be, but surely you won’t be buying the Season Pass now anyway?

Season passes are the new pre-orders – don’t pay for them until you have any idea if it’s worth it (unless you’re happy gambling, obvs). Heck, season passes are even worse than pre-ordering since Valve loosened Steam’s refund policy – if you bought the DLC Pass today, its refund period would be over long before any of the interesting-sound bits even arrived.

The rest of the Season Pass is pretty dull, a collection of in-game items, credits, crafting bits, and other stuff that is probably helpful but ultimately minor. I tend to find these ‘booster pack’ sort of things spoil the progression curve the game was designed for but hey! Here are the details from Squeenix on all the guff, which will be available when Mankind Divided launches:

Assault Pack: Prepare to advance and assault the enemy with a custom skinned Battle Rifle, the Chaff Augmentation, one pack of regular Battle Rifle ammo, one pack of armor piercing Battle Rifle ammo, 2 Frag Grenades, and 2 EMP Grenades.
Tactical Pack: Using distance to your advantage, eliminate your targets silently with a custom skinned Tranquilizer Rifle, the Micro Assembler Augmentation, one pack of tranquilizer ammo, 3 Smoke Grenades, and 2 Gas Grenades.
4 Praxis Kits – These additional Praxis Kits will allow you to further develop the augmentations of your choosing, moving you one step closer to unlocking Adam’s full potential.
5000 Credits – Bolster your wallet with additional credits, providing you with extra spending money to purchase Praxis Kits, ammo, weapons, or anything else you may find at the shops in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
1000 Crafting Parts – Use crafting parts to craft upgrades, such as increased damage and accuracy, for any weapon in your inventory.
5 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Breach Booster Packs – Open your booster packs to unlock new weapons and items, Praxis points, premium ammo, and more, helping to augment and enhance your avatar in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Breach.
20 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Breach Chipsets – Use your chipsets to acquire exclusive items in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Breach, such as premium Booster Packs and custom weapons.

What’s Breach? Oh! That’s a separate arcade mode, where you play a leet hacker busting into highly-secured servers through cyberspace. The NeoTokyo chap is doing music for Breach and all.

You know, I don’t think I ever actually finished Human Revolution’s big story DLC, The Missing Link. Maybe that can help distract me while I wait for Mankind Divided.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. casshern09 says:

Oh yay, PC gamers in the EU have to wait until mid afternoon tomorrow to play it. Wonderful.

• Creeping Death says:

Alternatively, it conveniently unlocks just in time for the majority of people to return home from work/school. Because ya know… It’s a weekday.

• emotionengine says:

I’d be cheering and raving with an afternoon release. It’s 2:00 AM THE NEXT BLOODY DAY for us.

2. geldonyetich says:

I got so excited for the latest Deus Ex that I went and plopped down the muns for the biggest package Steam had to offer.

This got me a mediocre gamepad and in-game advantages it would have been more satisfying to earn through play.

I didn’t ask for this.

• Abacus says:

Did you decide not to read the store page before you added it to your cart?

• PanFaceSpoonFeet says:

You had me at ‘plopped down the muns’.
      It’s been a while since I was that excited..

• ezro says:

I’d be really grateful if you could explain to a non native speaker what it actually means. All I can think of is something along the lines of I went down to the municipalities (like to the city?) but it doesn’t really work in the context. I’d love to randomly use this phrase in a conversation with someone.

HothMonster says:

Not only did you ask for it, you paid for it.

• Thurgret says:

Just uncheck the boxes for the additional DLC guff. You aren’t compelled to use it.

• Zanchito says:

TBH the Steam controller does take time and effort to get used to, but it’s quite comfortable and impressively versatile. Took me two months to interiorize it, but it’s really quite something.

3. Fry says:

No, pre-ordering is still pre-ordering. Season passes are just an extra layer of stupid.

4. causticnl says:

I find it difficult to get excited for this. HR was okayish, but really lacked the great things from the original like the possibilities (killing off main characters early in the game, saving your brother, ect) wich made it all so memorable, this is just a generic stealth based shooter, nothing more, and I cant see that change with this new release.

• spacedyemeerkat says:

Spot-on.

And given that reviews appear to be saying Makind Divided is pretty much more of the same, I’m struggling to justify buying it.

Grizzly says:

The missing link is proper good, better then any single mission in the main package IMO.

• Creeping Death says:

Huh, I found it rather dull and it completely kills the games pace when played during a play through.

• Rizlar says:

Just finished HR for the first time the other day, director’s cut version obvs. AVAST YE SPOILERS: And yeah, didn’t even realise I had been playing DLC until I finished it and they were like ‘yeah, get back in the container ship again, it will be as if all this climactic nonsense ever happened’.

Up until that point it was great though. Ending up on a military black site in the middle of the ocean was so much more climactic than ending up in a Singapore research base. Seems almost like cut content, a Singapore/Rifleman Banks Station mashup would be an amazing final(ish) level.

• thegooseking says:

I have mixed feelings on it. I think if you wanted the orange of Deus Ex, and instead got the lemon-lime of Metal Gear Solid, you would probably be disappointed.

But if you treat it as a DX-flavoured quasi-homage to MGS, then yeah, it’s pretty good.

6. Freud says:

Companies are free to have all the DLC and season passes they want. They have the right to sell their product as want.

I will exercise my right to not buy the game until it’s in it’s complete form and since it’s an old game by that point, I’ll just wait for a big sale.

caff says:

I’ve bought this, but I don’t know whether I should play Human Revolution first. I never really got into it. Erk.

• Rizlar says:

Don’t know how far you got but I had trouble getting into it beyond the first couple of missions. Forgetting about all the stuff they throw at you and just dicking around in the police station finally got me into it. And the zone after Detroit was really good.

8. buzzmong says:

And here was me thinking I should buy this based on RPS’s previous articles.

The Season Pass has now relegated it to either a GOTY edition, or the Steam Christmas sale if both together end up around £30 by then.

9. thedosbox says:

Alice, definitely give the Missing Link DLC a go. There are a couple of tiresome zone transitions, but no stupid boss fights. The tighter confines also help to increase the level of tension.

Harlander says:

This is good news for me. I was going to put off getting this anyway, so now I might as well wait for the goatee.

11. Jediben says:

So it turns out this is shit. The game has significant performance issues, skipping cutscenes, Micro transactions in a full £45 title and ridiculous limits on the ‘pre-order’ bonus which can only be used ONCE. Not like, once per game, or once per install, but ONCE.
    Thanks for your help RPS; maybe you can ask them how else theyare going to try to fuck consumers over next time instead of bleating about a ‘cube tree’ ffs.

• SealedSun says:

Deadpool voice: Oh, so you can launch the game and actually playe, then? For me, the executable just silently exits after a few seconds. Don’t even get to see the launcher.

This might be a case for refund-and-buy-later. :( Damn, I was really looking forward to it :(

12. Menthalion says:

Insane default mouse acceleration that cannot be disabled. Mouse sensitivity from 0-100%, where the smallest steps of 0%, 6% and 13% are still way too sensitive for a 1000 DPI mouse. Completely unplayable for me (and a lot of other people on Steam reviews). Instant refund material. Would have expected more from a Nixxes port, the Tomb Raider reboots were expertly done.

Comment on this story