Pan-Pan’s Whimsical Spaceship Rebuilder Lands Today

Would you like to see an incredibly pretty game that’s out today and which I’m annoyed I can’t play right now to tell you if it’s as good as it is pretty? Yes? Well have a peek at Pan-Pan [official site] – a lovely-looking puzzler/exploration game:

It’s a Spelkraft game and is being published by Might and Delight, who you may know from the Shelter series of games where you rear baby animals and roam stylised wildernesses. Their publishing remit requires the games they work with have a strong artistic style and I’d say Pan-Pan definitely fits that bill.

“Set against a backdrop of soothing ambient sounds crafted by renowned sound composer Simon Viklund, your task is to fix your downed spaceship and begin the pilgrimage home.

“In a world littered with world shifting riddles and sprinkled with memorable characters – how you solve these riddles is firmly in your hands.”

There’s a touch of Monument Valley to the aesthetic but I’m wondering whether the cute spaceship rebuilding project might also have something Pikmin-esque about it – although the latter was so much about falling in love with the ridiculous floral minions and accidentally killing them that perhaps other aspects of the game don’t really linger in the memory enough to be an intrinsic part of the game.

Where was I? Oh yes. Pan-Pan will be out later today – £9.99/12,99€/$12.99 on Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Llewyn says:

There’s something about the aesthetic of this game, at least in the shots I’ve seen, that keeps fooling me into thinking this could be a Little Big Adventure for the 21st century. I’m sure I’ll be relatively disappointed by whatever the game actually is instead, but it definitely looks worth a try.

• davethejuggler says:

On the forums someone asked if it was inspired by monument valley, and the devs responded with “Pan-Pan it’s quite a different game compared to Monument Valley. It’s more about exploration and environmental puzzles. It’s actually more inspired by a game called Little Big Adventure.”

So I’m pretty hopeful. Loved LBA back in the day. Such a magical world.

Ninja Dodo says:

Oh my. Was actually going to say this looks like a cross between Little Big Adventure and Monument Valley, or in other words: utterly delightful… the fact that they cite LBA as an influence makes this even more of a must-play. :D

Thirith says:

Yup, that’s also what came to my mind. It’s probably the character design and perspective in that first screenshot.

2. TheAngriestHobo says:

who you may know from the Shelter series of games where you rear baby animals and roam stylised wildernesses watch in horror as your children are killed in front of you one by one.

At least, that was my experience.

This game looks beautiful, though. Hopefully there’s less child murder.

3. davethejuggler says:

Just finished it in 2 hours. Was fun, but be warned it is very short and there’s basically no replay value. Very pretty though. I’d say the gameplay is more akin to the witness than little big adventure though.