Total Warhammer’s The Grim & The Grave DLC Released

The vampires are really proud that they've managed to teach their murderparrot cusses AND the Archers theme tune.

The Grim and the Grave is not a sitcom. It is not the weekly antics of Robert Smith, Andrew Eldritch, Morrissey, Siouxsie Sioux, and the disinterred corpse of Bela Lugosi sharing a flat in Penge. There is no running gag with Smith head-over-heels for Siouxsie’s pal Patricia Morrison. You will not see the famous season-closing spit-take freeze-frame after everyone realises how weird it is Moz just served them spag bol with actual meat… and Eldritch finds a shred of Lugosi’s cape caught in his teeth.

No, The Grim and the Grave is only new DLC released today for Total Warhammer [official site]. Disappointing.

As mentioned before, The Grim and the Grave is a paid add-on expanding the Empire and Vampire Counts factions. Volkmar The Grim joins the Empire as a legendary lord, followed by the Arch Lector as a regular lord, and new units with the Free Company Militia, Flagellants, and Knights of The Blazing Sun. Those bitey fellas welcome Helman Ghorst as a legendary lord, get Strigoi Ghoul King as a generic lord, and get to field the Mortis Engine and Corpse Cart. Plus new quests, Regiments of Renown, etc.

The Grim and the Grave is £5.99 on Steam. A trailer:

Total Warhammer has been out for three months and already it’s accumulated DLC totalling almost as much as the base game (£27.96 vs. £39.99). Optional, of course, but sheesh. That’s why Sega are trying to keep Hammerers sweet with freebies.

Also out today, for free, is Total Warhammer Update 3. It brings fixes and balance tweaks (e.g. “Mork was too Morky”) along with five new battle maps and a Vampire Counts legendary lord for everyone, Vlad Von Carstein.

Every morning, the flat is shook by Andrew Eldritch’s alarm clock blasting This Corrosion. He always lets it play to the end before making himself a cuppa using Morrissey’s soy milk.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Drib says:

I enjoyed the base game tremendously, but I can’t help but be slightly put off by rapid, flat DLC. I suppose it’s just the principle of the thing.

• Thurgret says:

This DLC’s pretty good. I didn’t buy the Beastmen one – wasn’t interested in the mini-campaign and didn’t want to pay a premium for it, but from seeing Beastmen in multiplayer, it looks like solid work – and got the Warriors of Chaos one for free. I’m happy with it. All comes down to what people are willing to pay, I guess.

• Epicedion says:

My $400 worth of Dark Elves that haven’t been touched in 6 years laugh in the face of $7 content additions.

• Sephirex says:

I’m not too worried about it. With as much stuff as there is to cover in the Warhammer universe, this game would be as old as World of Warcraft by the time they were done if they followed a slower DLC schedule.

Matchstick says:

Oh dear God I hope a Channel 4 commissioning editor is reading this article.

garfieldsam says:

I didn’t think “gonzo dlc launch announcement” was in the set of things that are possible in the sadly limited universe. Thanks for making my day Alice!

phuzz says:

I’ve never been to Penge, but I hear it’s nice.

5. Grim Rainbow says:

Looks so good. Can’t wait to play when they finish it.

• SaintAn says:

Well according to their development schedule you have 6 more years until they finish it. Sucks to be you.

• schuelertomas says:

i think you are wrong. it will take as shown 100 times before aprox. 1-2 years. then the full game will be finished. all dlcs, all patches. you know… just an complete really good tweeked game we will be playing in 2 years for 30 bucks. not this half finished game you are betatesting for us.

sucks to be you, i guess ;-)

+ there are like million of games to play on pc. its not like you cant wait anyway cause there is soooo much to play.

• schuelertomas says:

by the way: the 6 years are for all 3 games they are planning to do for the warhammer franchise in total.

6. Mirarii says:

The Mortis Engine is absolutely beastly for the cost. Not only does it buff the crap out of anything nearby, but it can hold its own against all sorts of units. I’ve been loving it in the few games I played today.

7. Ufofighter says:

More interested in the patch than the DLC to be honest. Apparently the new units and the renown regiments are very, very unbalanced.

• Thurgret says:

They seem fine to me. A Bright Wizard’s presence makes Knights of the Blazing Sun harder hitting, I guess? But it’s not as if that’s a unique synergy. The various other new units are fine for their cost, bar flagellants, which don’t seem to have any particular thing they’re good at except maybe tying up zombies and skeletons.

8. OgrynKing says:

DoW 1 had basically the same content scheme, but the difference is pricing and content. Don’t complain about something that has been consistent with Games Workshop for a while.

9. Hohumm4sh3d says:

Only problem with all the new DLC and Updates they pump out atm is keeping peoples MOD’s updated.

That said I have no problems with paying for any of the additional content for what amounts to a fraction of a night out down the pub. Without the morning after hangover to boot too!

And at least the free updates are adding additional units too. Beastmen although unplayable appear in the single player campaign at no cost either.

Model working well for me at the moment.

10. Massenstein says:

I dig this jam! You need to add music references to stuff more often, Alice of RPS.

Comment on this story