Next Hitman Episode Sends Four Targets To The Farm

No sooner than we had finished our thoughts on the last episode of Hitman [official site], was the next episode announced. The adventures of bald death salesman Ian Hitman will continue on a farm in Colorado, where the plucky murderer will have to take out four targets in one go. The farm has been turned into a “private militia training camp”, and your marks all seem to be death specialists too, ranging from experts in “environmental terrorism” to “chemical interrogation”. If only you didn’t have to kill them, Ian could have made some new friends. Oh well.

The episode, called ‘Freedom Fighters’, will the second-last mission in this season for Agent 47 and the developers are promising a challenge. Here’s what Hannes Seifert, Studio Head at Io Interactive, had to say.

“This is one of the toughest episodes yet. Not only do you have four targets, but from the moment you set foot in Colorado you’re on enemy ground. ‘Freedom Fighters’ is a key episode, which will add serious momentum to the story and set up an intriguing season finale for players.”

As usual, the episode will offer a bunch of new challenges, costumes and gear. Mostly, I’m interested to see how varied things will get. We’ve never been tasked with killing so many people before. It will be interesting to see if each person gets their fair share of opportunities, or if it cops out by bunching them together in a handful of ‘shared’ opportunities. Although, the prospect of somehow reaping all four targets in one terrible farming accident is intriguing.

The episode is out in three weeks time, on September 26, while the final episode will be taking place in Japan and is due to come out some time before the end of the year. Here are my personal predictions for the farm level.

• A combine harvester accident
  • Pitchforks
  • Sabotaged crop duster
  • Poisoned apple orchard
  • Randy bull
  • Drowning in slurry
  • Overuse of cow drugs resulting in antibiotic resistant superbug which kills entire militia

What about you? Have you got any of your own predictions?

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

Oakreef says:

Open a slurry pit to kill target by hydrogen sulphide poisoning

• Kollega says:

Covering your target in corn so that the crows peck them to death, and then propping them up instead of the scarecrow to both hide the body and add insult to injury.

2. Banks says:

This episode sounds less exotic than the others, but the map looks huge and the mostly horizontal layout will make for a nice change of pace.

I also hope that no nuns are involved this time. Plz.

3. ButteringSundays says:

Sounds like a great game but I couldn’t personally play anything that’s dribbled out like this (same with any episodic game). I tend to go all in on a new game and fatigue pretty fast. I have a few exceptions that I go back to a lot but this is the kind of game I’d love to play over a few big sessions. Any word on when it will be finished?

• ButteringSundays says:

Oops somehow missed the text under the last image, seems like it’ll be done before the years out.

• Jerykk says:

You’re missing out. I was skeptical of the episodic format too but it actually works really well for Hitman. It encourages replaying each episode and each level has more than enough content to warrant multiple playthroughs. If you just rush through each level, you’re going to be missing out on a significant amount of quality stuff.

4. Grim Rainbow says:

AutonomyLost says:

I have a question for anyone who’s played the Prologue/Paris levels and any other level(s)/episode(s) following: does the optimization or SLI utilization somehow get any better after Paris? I have given it a couple months, re-installed, and the game still runs like balls for the most part. Lots of slowdown, pitiful SLI utilization, and rather the same performance whether running DX11 or DX12. This is on a beast machine, and I can’t even depend on keeping at least a steady, no-dips 60fps. Which is just idiotic. I’d really like to give the newest areas a go, as I love the Hitman series, but the performance genuinely hinders my enthusiasm for setting out on all the murderous fun. Thanks for any opinions!

• Unclepauly says:

Lower a couple settings. I know its blasphemous on high end rigs but honestly, some of those settings take way too much GPU cycles for what they’re worth. Dropping those post processing effects sometimes even makes the game look better in addition to bumping up the fps!

• Unclepauly says:

Sorry for not answering your question, but I haven’t played the game yet :€

6. Grim Rainbow says: