Not A Peep: Silence’s Release Date Whispered

Somewhere along the way I lost track of Silence: The Whispered World 2, probably because its makers somehow decided that simply Silence [official site] would be a better name. Nnnope, that’s a name which sounds like a Slender Man fangame so it’ll barely register as I keep scrolling down my inbox. But! Silence is indeed the sequel to the adventure game our John once called “Daedalic’s best game to date”, and now it has a release date. November 15th is the big day, Daedalic announced over the weekend. Until then, cor check out the lovely painterly art style in this trailer:

That does look lush. It’s a mix of 3D characters and 2D backgrounds, Daedalic say.

Silence has several protagonist with wee brother and sister Noah and Renie plus, much to John’s consternation, the returning Sadwick. Good grief, Sadwick’s voice really was awful, wasn’t it.

Anyway! Noah and Renie end up in the supernatural world of Silence following an air raid, where Daedelic say they will “discover that the only thing that can save them is their love for each other.” And clicking on things, of course – this is an adventure game.

Silence is coming to Windows, Mac, and Linux via Steam and GOG on November 15th.

From this site

1. H-Alien says:

Very much looking forward to this one. Whispered World is a fun game where I started out absolutely hating the main character and his whiny voice and finishing absolutely loving the little guy.

• ezro says:

Same for me. I’m actually really disapointed that they went with a more generic voice actor this time, though it is understandable given how little money classic adventure games make. They probably decided against handicapping themselves with a voice that almost every review lamented about.
      Also, I really love the design of that black monster with a white mask, but I can’t help feeling that I’ve seen something very similar previously. Does anyone recognize it? If not and my memory is just playing tricks on me, then it’s really great work on their part.

• H-Alien says:

I thought it looked somewhat similar to the Pathologic creatures, except those were slender. Still I was certain I had seen that creature aswell…..you are right. It must have been spirited away still lingering in my mind somewhere (it’s been ages since I saw that movie)

2. Gandor says:

The game some really weird puzzles, but I found the story really nice. Especially the ending.
    The voice is annyoing at first, but after an hour or two I got used to it. by the end of the game I found it fitting.

3. tomimt says:

I never got used to the voice acting in the first game, that pretty much ruined it for me.

• H-Alien says:

I can understand…it ruined it the frst time for me aswell. The second time I gave it more time and in the end the voiceacting, expecially Sadwick himself was one of the things I loved about the game, like Gandor I found it to be very fitting. I truly beleive the devs knew they took a risk with his voice but showed guts and stuck with it.

4. Mandrake42 says:

Ugh, Sadwick’s voice really was terrible. I know he is meant to be a miserable sad sack, but it just got grating. I’ll admit I never finished it at least partly due to that. I got the special edition for Steam in a bundle a while back so maybe I should revisit it in time for the sequel.