The Ten Hottest Robots In Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Gotcha. It’s just a new trailer. Alongside a video of the upcoming Mass Effect spin-off, some footage for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare [official site] was also released during Sony’s dull as drapes news conference today. It shows a bunch of our friendly soldiers storming into an abandoned space facility where the sun outside burns at 900 degrees. It looks like it’s an asteroid mining complex. I can tell because of all the dissatisfied robot labourers.

Spicy. It’s fun to see the two big military shooters diverge. Battlefield is going back to the shifting fronts and rabid horses of War 1, while CoD is shooting off in the opposite direction, to an interplanetary future where separatists are attacking Earth because they’re not friends anymore.

We’ve already seen that the multiplayer is going bonkers in terms of futurewar (not counting the requisite zombie mode which is set in the 80s) but this has given us yet another glimpse into the story mode, following trailers detailing battles on the streets of Geneva and ill-advised gunfights in space. We’ll probably have seen all the levels by the time the game is released on November 4.

From this site

Nauallis says:

Ah, the future, where our guns continue to fire little bits of shiny paper! No worries about ricochets when shooting a metal object (at point blank) in a 5′ wide corridor (also made out of metal). I guess if I wanted realism, I should be playing Battlefield 1, amirite?

• GWOP says:

Ah, Battlefield 1. That game reminds me of the good old days when horses were built like tanks and could shrug off explosions to the face, and how America played such a greater role than France and Germany in the WW1.

Such realism.

• shde2e says:

On the other hand, we get to play as the Ottomans and ride around in a battle-bus armed with half a dozen machine guns, so I can live with that :)

Although if the campaign focuses on an American I will give EA Marketing some very disappointed looks.

• Pizzzahut says:

You know the campaign will be all Murica! focursed.

Nauallis says:

Hey, bring the topic back to gaming. Nobody cares about your funky british pizza ideas!

• Hunchback says:

This kinda brings a WH40k orc warband image to my head… :D

• shde2e says:

I guess they’ll shovel in some kind of American “volunteer” or something. Or a super elite awesum badass special ops.

Personally i’d be more interested to play a grunt from the Imperial German Army (or for ultra-hard mode: The Austro-Hungarian army)

• Rindan says:

I mean come on. America pretty much single handedly won both the first and second World Wars. I mean, I think some other people helped by driving trucks and fueling the planes or something, and I think the battle field was in France for at least one of those, but the most important part is who was kicking ass and it was the U FUCKING S OF A MOTHERFUCKAH! USA! USA! USA! USA!

• syndrome says:

lolz
          in fact there was no threat at all, it was just a murican parade

• shde2e says:

I believe a Jewish-American cop who went rogue and refused to play by the book killed Duke Ferdinand and Kaiser Wilhelm right for planning to invade America right?

• geldonyetich says:

You seem to be underestimating how patriotism grants incredible superpowers (in Call Of Duty).

2. mukuste says:

Everything about this looks dreadfully boring.

3. yogibbear says:

The only thing I’m waiting for is for the MW4 HD version to be unbundled from this. The last COD I played was COD4:MW, and I’ll be damned if it won’t the be the last COD I play! Just annoying that watching some footage of it the only good things they had to say about it was that the pings were better (because the console versions now use “official” dedicated servers, whereas before I assume it was PVP; but this doesn’t apply to the PC version which always supported dedicated servers).

4. wcq says:

I’m just waiting for the inevitable moment when it becomes cool to like this game because so many people seem to hate it.

And then it will become cool to hate it because only hipsters like it.

Etc.

5. Hunchback says:

God this “gamepad-in-fps” super smooth, slow and on-rails movement REALLY irks me every time i see an FPS played on a console.

The trailer is just a tech-show i guess but we can see they’ve “learned their lesson” after the heroics and civilian shooting and have now picked the easy way of killing robots because they are robots and it’s ok.