What Are We All Playing This Weekend?

It’s Saturday, it’s 10am, and it’s spinning. This means it’s time to ask: what are you playing this weekend? Here’s what we’re all clicking on.

Adam: This weekend I will be playing Wheels of Aurelia, a game about picking up hitchhikers and having conversations with them while driving across Italy. It’s gorgeous, laid-back and (so far) makes me feel very happy. Pip might be having a real holiday but I’ll be having a very decent pretend holiday.
Alec:I’m on a mild Star Trek kick at the moment, like a frightening number of people my age – combination of the anniversary year and TNG popping up on Netflix, I guess. So I’m tempted to finally play Star Trek: Judgement Rites, sequel to the oddly great point and click adventure 25th Anniversary, which I’ve never got around to before now. Of course it’s 2016 and pixel-hunt puzzles make me pray for a swift and painless redshirt death of my own, but I just dig the idea of Shatner, Nimoy and chums sounding vaguely confused for a few more hours of cutely-cartoony videogame.
Alice: I need to sleep forever but haven’t played Devil Daggers all week and worry I’ll lose my touch if I want much longer. I can autopilot the first three minutes now. Or I could. I could do that. I don’t know about now. I’m so tired.
Brendan: This weekend I will download four random things from the bestseller list on Steam and play each of them in turn for seven minutes in a fit of ennui. I will sigh, close Steam and refresh Twitter fourteen times. I will load up Overwatch, blink at the menu screen with slow, heavy eyelids, close Overwatch without playing it, and then cycle through my YouTube subscriptions in search of The One Game I Want To Play But Don’t Know What It Is Yet. I will download Duelyst within the first minute of watching one video, and turn off my computer before the download is finished. I will lie on the couch for twenty-five minutes and think about watching Narcos. But I will not watch Narcos.
Graham: I’ve fallen for Curious Expedition this past week and haven’t had much time to play it, so I’d like to take a few more trips through the great unknown with my intrepid explorers. It’s great at being eventful in a really short space of time, spinning tales from each decision you make, and it’s super easy to play even without bothering with its tutorial. I don’t know why there aren’t more games like it or more people talking about it.
John: This weekend I will be playing sneezing and blowing my nose and whimpering and wishing for happier times. And maybe playing some games on my phone while I beg for Lemsips.
Philippa: This weekend I will be playing BEING ON HOLIDAY! Gaming will probably seep back in during the latter half of the week but this weekend is for walking and reclining and the windswept UK seaside and toasted crumpets with butter and being a climbing frame for various young relatives.

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

Captain Narol says:

Still No Man’s Sky, 151 hours in by now.

Last planet I explored was lovely, a hot green planet with beautiful blue lakes, but plagued by vicious horned raptors (2.65 m high), cave spiders and aggressive sentinels… Only One more specie to find and I move to a more chilling one !

2. dahools says:

Well it has to be home front since you let us know it’s free this weekend.
    See if it can keep me entertained for all of it then I might buy it on Monday.

cockpisspartridge says:

i had a go on that, but it runs so badly on my vintage machine that it just isn’t a go-er. I might pick it up in a sale in 5 years time when I can run it.

• gabrielonuris says:

I’d be playing Dreamfall Chapters, but as a matter of fact, I can’t ignore Homefront The Revolution free weekend too.

Sincerely I’m trying to understand why people hate it so much, the game is awesome. Some people say it’s buggy and repetitive, but games like the Far Cry series are as buggy and repetitive as (if not even buggier and more repetitive than) Homefront.

I don’t know why people ignores it’s weapon customization on reviews, as for me it is the best part of the game; it’s good for once to be able to “build” weapon parts in a game without having to hoard on steel, wood and bolts for a badly put together crafting system. And about missions, they actually has some fluidity with the game as whole, instead of turning out to be another mindless icon hunt. You can do side missions (not collectibles, side missions) while you make your way to the main ones, as everything was part of a whole.

I like when developers get out of their comfort zone and don’t play safe. Unfortunately, the market do prefers an ocean of reskinned Far Cries and Call of Duties, so games like this is rare and far apart.

3. kwyjibo says:

Duelyst, again.

4. Lunsku says:

Steam clock seems to suggest that I’ve put over 40 hours on the Skyrim’s Enderal TC the past week, and who am I to argue with that. If I’m gaming this weekend, it’s likely going to be Enderal. Surprisingly engrossing, despite still feeling very much Skyrim in the world after Witcher 3.

5. ButteringSundays says:

Brendan, are you me?

Andy_Panthro says:

Also me!

But I really do need to finish Deus Ex: MD, so that I don’t feel too guilty about buying Dishonored 2 when it comes out.

Of course I might just end up playing odd little bits of things, like I did last weekend. A little Fantasy General, a little No Man’s Sky, a little Battle for Wesnoth, and Titan Quest…

• GWOP says:

By the way, really glad Brendan has surrendered his temporal lobe for ovipositor insertion and joined the hive mind collective full-time.

• colossalstrikepackage says:

Eerily accurate.

• Darth Gangrel says:

Brendan sounds like Dr Grout from VtM: Bloodlines. I’m paraphrasing here: “My WAWAPTW plans proceed at a languid pace. I’m mired in foul ennui as time advances. How many nights I’ve wasted now, gazing at the computer screen, pondering the frailty of existence.”

As for me, I’ve decided to start playing the lesser known (and probably flawed and/or more interesting) games in my backlog. Recently started Alpha Protocol, but won’t play anything this weekend, since life has other plans for me.

• Koozer says:

Ahem, excuse me. I found Alpha Protocol to have more soul and a better plot (and actual player influenced plot twists!) than Deus Ex: Human Resources. But for the love of god put a few points into combat-things, unless you like spending 6 days trying to defeat the same boss.

• Shinard says:

Wooo! Alpha Protocol!

Awful, awful game, really, but I love it with all my heart. There’s a lot of flaws, but the good bits are better than anything in most all other games I’ve played. The pistol is your friend, the game picks up a lot after Afghanistan, no matter how painful a combat encounter is the game will get back to the awesome conversations eventually. Stick with it, it really is worth it.

Thulsa Hex says:

I finished Shenmue yesterday, so may graduate to Shenmue II if the mood takes me.

This Star Trek anniversary business has me thinking I should finish watching season 7 of DS9. In that spirit, I’ve installed DS9: the Fallen to see what that’s like. After playing a bit of the first Sisko level, I’m actually finding it pretty ok. It seems like a fairly average third-person action-y/explore-y thingy, but with enough Trek quirks to scratch that itch. It also has a surprising amount of atmosphere, and doesn’t look too bad despite it’s age (except for those character models — Dax is FREAKISH). Tis a shame that Avery Brooks and Colm Meaney didn’t lend their voices, but essentially all of the others did. I’m looking forward to seeing how it holds up over the campaign(s), anywho.

Oh, and a bit of Pandemic Legacy this evening. Exciting. We’re only about to start March, so there’s much left to see/fear.

7. baozi says:

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst. I’m kinda stuck in the Fly Trap mission. While I didn’t mind the occasional combat, having a hard (for me?), combat heavy main mission is really annoying. Also, having played the original, I thought an open world would be cool, but it all feels lifeless and the same. Tempted to sell it off before finishing it (bought it for PS4).

8. DarkLiberator says:

Rocket League, playing lots of the new Rumble mode, which is a blast to play with friends. Nothing is more satisfying then punching the opposite team from scoring.

Also playing Rainbow Six Siege. Very awesome shooter. Playing lots of Twitch and Doc.

• fabulousfurrygingerfreakbrothers says:

Rocket League’s Rumble for me too. I love the ‘proper’ gamemodes but this is tons of fun.

Also continuing my first – yes, first! – ever playthrough of Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, which I’m enjoying immensely. Excellent writing and I’m loving the atmosphere.

• Imbecile says:

Rumble mode for me too. Its much more fun than I thought it would be. Also neverwinter, which is very much a guilty pleasure. And a little bf4

Aitrus says:

Rocket League for me as well, haven’t tried Rumble yet though. I’m not super into the alt game modes.

• Imbecile says:

Thats why I didn’t think I would like it. I’ve not been fan of the other versions of Rocket league. The hoops and ice hockey have just felt like regular rocket league – but worse. This feels like a different, but very fun game. The Mariokart to regular Rocket Leagues Forza.

moms says:

Despite having months and months of RL, under my seat-belt, I just couldn’t seem to get my skill level above that of a noob. The anxiety this was causing me only worsened as I watched my friends fly, constantly, over me.
      I knew, that if I wanted to become an adequate player, I would have to dedicate all of my game time to this one game… which I very much resented doing.
      So I said. “Screw you, Rocket League.” And I bought Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
      But last night, my Rocket League friends dragged me into RL’s Rumble, with the promise that it was all about the fun. And, dammit Jim, they were right.
      Thinking it was just more novel gimmickry (like the basketball, ice hockey, etc modes) I would never have bothered trying it. But Rumble is a whole other game.. well, no, that’s not right.. I mean, it’s Rocket League, for sure, but from a different parallel universe. From the Looney-Tune Universe, where one’s ability can be hobbled, and lack of flying skills overcome, thanks to the game’s crazy power-ups.
      Power-ups, the great equalizers.
      I suppose, the only thing that could possibly make Rumble even better, would be if these new crates dropped directly onto the player’s car (and had Acme written on em.)
      Anyway, it was fun and funny, and I expect to be playing it the rest of the weekend.

Oh btw, just hang in there, Adam. I won’t forget that I left you, all cramped up, in that air vent.

particlese says:

I will be playing music out of my new speakers, adjusting their positions and angles until I get bored, and all the while worrying way too much about my neighbor busting down the door because Rachmaninoff ate their siblings or something.

I’m also toying with the idea of playing/beating a video game or two (Skyrim:Dragonborn, Xenoblade, Life is Strange, …) instead of just doing the usual Devil Daggers/ESO thing. Though there will probably still be Devil Daggers because I’ve been slacking and am also slightly worried about skill slippage.

AutonomyLost says:

Congrats on the new speakers!

Much aural glory to you this weekend.

particlese says:

So far so good, both in terms of the door and the aural glory. As an unexpected bonus, I’ve rediscovered some albums which are even better than I had remembered/realized.

10. dee says:

brendan u ok

11. LearningToSmile says:

The first Mass Effect, since Andromeda looks kinda neat.

I never finished it, because my GPU fried the first time I played it a couple years ago, and I didn’t bother coming back.

Man, I forgot how ridiculously clunky the combat was, I guess I’ll never understand how people can enjoy cover-based shooters.

And people complain about combat in, say, the Witcher series(to name another RPG trilogy), but even the first one was more enjoyable to me.

• laiwm says:

The combat gets a lot better after the first one – more satisfying, physicsy powers and generally better shootfeel. The essential formula doesn’t change much though. My main recommendation would be to make a beeline through the main quests to get to the sequel swiftly, from what I remember there wasn’t too much of interest off the beaten path.

• Koozer says:

I liked the first’s combat and surrounding systems more than the sequels. Or more accurately, I liked the potential of the first and disliked their direction of polish in the second.

12. Haplo says:

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada was 40% off this week, so I grabbed that. What a delightful game it is. The ships feel weighty, it controls -so- well for an RTS fleet control game despite having mech that’s a little bit more complex than usual. It’s an actual quality product, which is a surprise and a joy.

13. Trashcanman says:

I’m playing Warcraft Adventures – Lord of the Clans. Never thought I would but some Russian guy has put it on the internet. It’s a solid 90’s adventure game that was almost ready to be released. Am amazed they did not. The game really is fun.

• defunct says:

I had a coupon for that game (still do somewhere) and was disappointed it never came out. Blizzard actually put the coupon in one of the Warcraft game boxes. That was a lifetime ago, though. Not sure I could play that game now.

14. Vacuity729 says:

The Witcher 2 on Dark mode. I’ve never even played through the game on any mode, but I want access to the extra nice equipment. Rather to my surprise, my rig is capable of making the supersampling mode playable, so it looks really quite lovely. On the other hand, my right mouse button is dying, which is making the game somewhat less playable.

15. Unsheep says:

‘War Wind’ and ‘Warlords Battlecry’ on PC.

Might start with ‘Might and Magic 7’ as well.

Continuing ‘Dakar 2’ and ‘F1 Career Challenge’ on my PS2.

• Kaeoschassis says:

Guess I’m not the only one who appreciated that GOG sale, eh? Yeah, I picked up Might and Magic 7 myself. It’s an old favourite, I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve played it, but my original disc finally died the death a few years back and I’ve only just got around to getting it digitally. It’s an amazing, wonderful rpg, broken and bonkers as hell but delightfully open-ended, while giving you just enough direction and restrictions to keep things interesting and challenging.

Also has, for my money, the best player power-curve in rpg history, letting you go from frail, stupid peasants who can barely stay alive against bats and dragonflies, to horrifying demigods who stride through entire armies of enemies or blast them from afar. You can fly, you can teleport, you can rain fire on entire towns, and this progression of power never feels jarring or unnatural, it feels earned over in-game years of struggle and experimentation, through battles and pilgrimages. It’s (probably accidental, to some degree) genius.

• Unsheep says:

That sounds promising. I haven’t actually played Might and Magic 7 before, only the first six games, which were great fun. So this game will be all new for me. I recently saw Matt Barton play some of it on his channel and that reminded me ‘hey you should play that too!’ and then this sale popped up. Great timing.

Yeah, it’s a crazy promo, getting all these good games for so little.

16. dangermouse76 says:

Oddly I have been playing The Withcher 3 and loving it, but it has caused me to reinstall Fallout 4 and start playing that again as well.
    It’s almost Like I can enjoy the two games for their differing approaches and systems without having to say one is objectively better than the other. Who knew eh.

In fallout 4 I am focusing entirely on the minute men and taking back the commonwealth.I am currently trying to get my settlements up to code.
    Dam those regulations, dam the man, dam his duck pond !

In The Withcher 3 I just arrived in Velen, and god knows what will happen there.Except for me doing every side quest first before touching the main story line.

Lars Westergren says:

“The Tyranny of Choice”, a play in three acts starring Brendan.

18. Leafcutter says:

New game HALCYON6… rather good space game.

• McGuit says:

“Halcyon 6” is where I am spending my time too. Just picked it up last night. Really good so far. Better than I expected and I expected a lot. Might also dive into “Ember” as it was also on sale when I picked up “Halcyon 6”. Discovered both of these recently.How am I ever going to get back to “RimWorld” and “Witcher 3”? Just too many good games out now.

AutonomyLost says:

I joked last week that I may begin a Death March NG+ in The Witcher 3 as opposed to delving into the new Deus Ex… It happened, and it’s more exciting than I thought it would be; entering the world from scratch again while being able to role-play Geralt as an actual bad-ass all decked-out with masterful gear, as one might expect him to be after doing what he does for such a long time, is refreshing. If you’re playing Blood and Wine and intend on starting NG+, make sure to do a couple/few things: GET AERONDIGHT, because it’s the best sword I have encountered in the game personally, and can probably carry you through *maybe* the entire new playthrough with its abilities; look into the new mutations, because, well it seems as though they’re a must going through the game again; and make sure you at least have some Grandmaster-level gear going in. I’ve only had a few deaths so far, and one was due to trying to kill the entire Nilfgaardian garrison population in Velen. Don’t even try it.

Also, I’ll be playing Homefront: the Revolution, as I had a lot of fun with it last night and am more intrigued than I thought I could be honestly.

particlese says:

Oh, cool, I don’t think I’ve seen New Game+ outside of a couple JRPGs and some arguable cases like Journey, but it’s such a great thing to have, and it actually sounds pretty appropriate for The Witcher.

20. v1tr1ol says:

Bought Squad and pumped in 50 hours in less than a week. Enderal, yeah…hate skyrim mechanics, but total overhaul and thoughtful narrative sucked me in. So basically, I don’t eat, sleep and I’m a zombie at work…

AutonomyLost says:

Ah, and I forgot — I recently started my first RimWorld colony and will perhaps continue that.

Ben King says:

GRAMPY KATZ in THE BIG DATE! Also spectating as my gf wraps up INSIDE. I hope to put in a bit of time on The Long Dark, and maybe find a new set of boots somewhere. Also working a bit on an elaborate D&D dungeon puzzle, and hopefully playing a bit with a few friends… my dice are getting dusty.

23. mgardner says:

Siralim 2. I bounced hard off the first one, because without learning anything about it I assumed it was a JRPG and after 15 minutes decided it was an awful JRPG. Ironically, it actually is a combo of old-school party turn-based combat, rogue-like random dungeons and encounters, and monster collecting / breeding, which is a LOT more appealing to me than any typical JRPG formula. I am having a blast with Siralim 2, it takes a few hours before you are introduced to the more important game mechanics, but wow I am enjoying it. And I feel like a doofus for skipping Siralim 1.

24. kyynis says:

Kingdom: New Lands, that I was surprised to find in my Steam Library without any further fanfare. Don’t get me wrong: it’s brilliant and generous that developers decided to give it free to all owners of the original game – it could as easily have been a sequel or DLC rather than complete re-release of the first one. I just wish that I would have received some sort of notification about it (so I could have played it more).

Looks bloody brilliant too. Especially since I managed to get my living room streaming in somewhat working condition (although the latest Radeon drivers have caused no end of problems). Projector, darkened room, midnight… it has been tense experience.

heretic says:

Oh Brendan!

I’ll be playing BRIGADOR.

• Pravin Lal's Nuclear Arsenal says:

That’s the spirit! Keep on stomping on those fancy Spacer spotters and remember: something something anarcho-syndicalism!

• Monggerel says:

Ahh, Brigador. It took me approximately 15 minutes to go from green to firing war crimes into masses of evacuating civilians.

I don’t think there’s been a game since Planescape Torment that made evil feel so rewarding.

26. Vurogj says:

Picked up a couple of new releases, which is rare for me, to give me a bit of a break from endless tilt in League of Legends.

Curious Expedition – Played my first set of 6 expeditions, and really really enjoyed it, lots of the good things from FTL, Sunless Sea and Renowned Explorers, with what feels like a lot less downtime. It looks like there’s a lot of potential for vastly different playstyles as well, which I’m happy about.

Halcyon 6 Space Commander – Only a short way in so far, but the XCOM style base building is interesting, and the space exploration reminds me of BattleStation/BattleVoid Harbinger (or going back even further, Starships Unlimited) and I’m happy about that too.

I can definitely see the pixel style graphics of both games putting some people off, but both have made a positive first impression on me.

27. aircool says:

Just finished DOOM for the millionth time, the Vulkan version is just astonishing. Thought I’d take a look at Elder Scrolls Online with the Gold Edition just coming out.

Vandelay says:

After much hmming and erring last week, I ended up picking up Pillars of Eternity when it was on sale last week, along with the DLC. I have a lot of other big games that I really should be going back to (The Witcher 3 and MGSV, mainly,) so I probably shouldn’t of bought another humongous game. After playing it a few times this week I regret nothing.

I don’t have any particular nostalgic affection for the old school RPG that inspired PoE, having had no interest in them when I was younger and just never having dedicated enough time in more recent years to any of them, but I am having a really great time with PoE. The script really sparkles and I have yet to encounter a single party member (having found 4 so far, excluding the couple in the prologue,) that have not been interesting and diverse people. Each one also has added an extra layer to the combat that has made it more and more interesting, where I was initially worried it might be repetitive. Just when I think I have got to grips with organising the battles and I feel that they will just become an exercise of repeating the same actions for each one, a new twist is added that makes me adjust my strategy, either due to the enemies I am facing or the make up of my party.

But it is that world building that is really exceptional. This is just a really, really interesting place to explore, with a complex history and lore unfolding gradually in front of you, never feeling overwhelming, but always demonstrating the great craft that has gone into constructing this place.

29. Zenicetus says:

Playing Divinity Original Sin (EE edition) in co-op mode for the first time with my wife.

I tried it singleplayer soon after it came out, but got only partway through. The combat mechanics were great, but the writing and silliness of the overall vibe just wasn’t enough to keep me moving. In co-op though, it’s great fun. Especially when we mess up and nuke each other with AOE spells.

liquidsoap89 says:

I will be possibly finishing Wolfenstein: The New Order and continuing my slight addiction with Rocket League. Sitting in queues for 2’s and Hoops has gotten significantly worse since the Rumble update.

31. zind says:

Brendan gets me. In between bouts of ennui I’ll be doing more Legion – I’m at the point where I’ve started fishing again so I honestly don’t know how much more it’s got for me.

The new PoE league has actually clicked with me more than the game ever had before, so I’ll probably keep playing that until my HC character dies before bouncing off again.

Then, in the evenings, I’ll be trying and failing to get my Rocket League pals to come back from Rumble mode, which isn’t bad but also isn’t Rocket League for me.

32. zsd says:

I would be playing Brendan’s game, but I have fewer moments to myself these days, greater pressure not to let the mask slip.

So I’ll mostly be playing DmC Devil May Cry, which has beautiful levels and great, fluid combat that is very forgiving to a butterfingers like me. Its story and dialogue are pleasantly ridiculous for the time being, but hints at getting very unpleasant very soon, which I hope it does not.

Also Final Fantasy Record Keeper on my phone as it dominates most aspects of my life now.

33. BrowMiaow says:

Started playing the original Deus Ex this week and now about 10 hours in. Played it on release but only as far as the MJ12 facility. Now I’ve reached that point and my frustration with the aged mechanics, stilted voice acting and inventory shuffle-fuss has all but faded away. Just enjoying it for what it is and remembering exactly why it seemed so magical the first time round.

The use of the Steam Controller is essential to my experience. Playing old PC-only games on a TV with perfectly configured controls has been a dream of mine for such a long time. Now I’m thinking I’ll follow it with Thief, Bloodlines, Stalker – more games I loved but never completed first time around.

Honestly, I could bang on endlessly about how the Steam pad deftly enables old games to be sofa-played through its extensive and subtle configuration options, but it seems few people actually got on board with it on release. Right now, I don’t know how I’d manage without it…

34. Pravin Lal's Nuclear Arsenal says:

Hang on, Wheels of Aurelia is out? Oh, never mind, still in beta. I do need to keep an eye on it, though. I wouldn’t particularly care for the game if the theme wasn’t so close to my heart that I could swear that the devs got the idea from my parents’ stories about the seventies and the Italian politics of that time.

As for me, I’ll be playing a little game called Blacksea Odyssey, a fairly unique roguelite about hunting giant monsters in space and ripping their limbs with harpoons. It’s as cool as it sounds, despite being a bit repetitive and having the most hideous menus I’ve ever seen.

35. Parrilla says:

Fully restarted my latent WoW addiction. No regrets, the new expansion is pretty fun.

36. Barberetti says:

Kerbal Space Program.

Mind you, that was the plan last weekend, and I ended up getting more than a little drunk and playing co-op 7 Days To Die instead.

So who knows!

37. rahji says:

I started Final Fantasy XIII last week and will play that over the weekend. Right now I am in chapter 5 and boy this game has a really bad pacing. I see the cool ideas like the battle and crafting system but man the linearity really hurts the game flow.

38. KDR_11k says:

No Man’s Sky even though I’m bored of it because I can’t think of something better to play, I like games where I can slowly aggregate progress without having to worry about losing it to a bad session but I don’t have anything good like that at hand currently.

39. fish99 says:

Spider Solitaire.

40. Morcane says:

Hitman. It’s been on my backlog for quite a while and with BF1 beta having ended, I decided it’s a good moment to start playing it. I’m enjoying it very much.

Also want to squeeze in some time for Halcyon 6, been looking forward for it for quite a while and it looks pretty good.

41. Shinard says:

Danganronpa 2, I think. Loved the first one, just started the second one and the sheer weirdness is far and away exceeding anything in the first one. I’m definitely intrigued.

Also, can I coin the phrase “doing a Brendan”, for the choice paralysis and accompanying ennui? I feel like it’s something that happens to me far too often for there not to be a short catchy name for it.

42. Michael Fogg says:

Slogging my way through Titan’s Quest, I’m fully addicted. Ranger class (Hunter+Nature), so all the micro and kiting is giving me carpla tunnel. Will also probably have a look at the leaked Warcraft Adventure game.

43. SaintAn says:

Was playing Rimworld, but I think I just burned out. Bought it a few days ago and put in 32 hours, even had dreams about it last night, but I was playing 30 min ago and just had a moment like Rick had in that Rick & Morty episode with the devil. This scene: link to youtube.com

Though it could be a depression coming on since I’m untreated bipolar or manic depressant or whatever, I forget.

Not sure what I’m going to play now. Maybe I’ll go back to playing Legion, though I really hate that xpac and hate what the idiotic Chronicles book did to all the lore with their creationist nonsense and midichlorian-level moronic explanation of all the mystery in the Warcraft universe. Plus the writing and storytelling is the worst it has ever been and the leveling areas don’t have much of anything to do with the Legion and are filled with a ton of bland fetch quests without much if any story to them. The areas feel detatched story-wise—– Whoops, went off on a rant. WoW used to be one of my favorite games and now it’s a pile of garbage made entirely for the lowest common denominator.

Tried Halo 5 PC today and it was a pretty bad port and had bad gameplay.

I need to finish Divinity Original Sin, so maybe that. And I’m in a mood to read some Warhammer Fantasy books again so I may play TW:Warhammer some more. I was re-watching Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell which put me in the mood for a replay of the Fable games, though I can’t find my 360 powercord for Fable 2.

44. Hao-Sen Lin says:

I’ve been playing MGS V lately, doing the post-game now which is mostly FOBs(invading other players offshore oil rig bases for rewards). I’m enjoying it but kind of dissapointed that the post game content is so different from the rest of the game, the wide open areas with multiple approach points exchanged for timed runs through a heavily guarded, relatively constrained area. But I am really enjoying them, very difficult and learning to get through them without being spotted has been very satisfying, and the sneaking gameplay and pacing in them reminds me a lot of MGS 2. I’m mostly eagerly awaiting October to start since I’ll have money in my gaming budget then and will be able to get Final Fantasy XIV, have been playing Black Desert Online for my MMO fix for the past 4 months or so and I feel ready to move onto something else, mostly got bored of it because it is so grind focused, the late game is essentially grinding mobs for money to upgrade gear so you can grind mobs more efficiently, I enjoyed it because it was a nice change of pace from the heavily time gated content in Warlords of Draenor but now I’m craving something with more structure and a bigger focus on crafting and group content.

45. bill says:

I’ll continue my quest to try and get into a 4x/strategy game. I’ve just started on GalCiv2 – let’s see if I last more than a few days.

I think GalCiv2 is the last untried one in my steam library, after bouncing off Civ3, Warlock, Crusader Kings 2, Civ 4 and Shadow Magic in succession.

Comment on this story