Devil Daggers & Prison Architect In New Humble Bundle

In case you’ve not picked up on all the hints: Devil Daggers [official site] is my favourite new game of 2016, and I’d say the best-looking game in yonks too. Devil Daggers is Geometry Wars thrown against a satanic altar in a darkened room made of Quake [see me -metaphors ed.]. I do recognise a leaderboard-climbing first-person shooter in skull-filled satanarena is a hard sell for some so here, look, it’s in the latest pay-what-you-want Humble Bundle along with Prison Architect and more games. Maybe that makes it cheap enough for you to give it a try?

The Humble Jumbo Bundle 7 runs on the usual Humble Bundle model. They have a big load of games, and the more you decide to pay the more of them you get. You get to divide your money between devs, charity, and Humble as you please. Where available, games come as both Steam keys and DRM-free versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Paying anything at all will get you dungeon crawler Runestone Keeper. Free-to-play card game Duelyst is giving away some freebies too.

Pay at least $1 and you’ll also get theme park sim RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 with expansions, plus DEVIL DAGGERS, MAN.

Beating the current average price ($4.48 as I write) will get you those plus castle-building strategy game Stronghold Crusader 2, box-o-manager Punch Club, and prison management sim Prison Architect. Humble plan to chuck more games into this tier later too.

Lastly, pay $10 or more and you’ll also get multiplayer survival game Miscreated, which is currently in early access.

The point is: Devil Daggers. And sure, some people will tell you nice things about Prison Architect and others but who has time for those when Devil Daggers exists? It got a new update yesterday and everything. Or if you want calmer opinions, check out Wot Adam Thought and what happened when we all played Devil Daggers in the RPS Summer Games.

You’ve got two weeks to grab the Humble Jumbo Bundle 7.

From this site

1. Drib says:

Always makes me a bit sad when I own half of an otherwise nice bundle already. What am I going to do with extra Prison Architects and Punch Clubs?

• alphaori says:

You can sell it on some sites. Just find one that is secure and not into something illegal… Or give it to your friends! I’m sure you have one or two who wants some new games (:

• Ksempac says:

Give them to your Steam friends, whoever you like playing in multiplayer and has theses games on their wishlist ?

• Orix says:

You could trade it on Barter.vg (which compares your wish lists and tradable against other people to make mutual trading easy), or give it away, or trade it for something on Steamgifts.com?

• A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Do what I do and slide the charity slider all the way to max. You’ve already paid the devs for the game before so spread a little

2. SuperJonty says:

Sold! Anyone know if Miscreated is any good? Not sure if it’s worth another few quid

• frightlever says:

Recent (early August) gameplay video from Sadaplays (with Frankie)

link to youtube.com

Looks like it could do with a while in the oven. Still better than DayZ standalone.

3. Monggerel says:

So what’s that ship called then? Devil Architect? or Prison Daggers? Both seem equally valid.

4. kwyjibo says:

Duelyst is excellent and you should play it. Here’s Quinns telling you why it is so – link to youtube.com

• mukuste says:

Yes it is, and the 20 orbs they are offering for free are really generous.

HOWEVER, there is a lot of saltiness in the Duelyst community because people who created their accounts earlier in September (or for the Steam release) can’t redeem these 20 orbs, and for many it’s more than they managed to get through normal play or by paying for a starter bundle.

5. Jediben says:

You must have some severe catatacts: while devil daggers may have ‘just one more try’ness in spades, it looks like software rendered Quake.

6. Czrly says:

But Prison Architect IS NOT in the pay-what-you-want bundle – it’s above the average-barrier and that’s important. Knuckle raps all round, even if this wasn’t exactly unexpected.

• Czrly says:

(My complaint is about the opening article which – the part of which which is shown on the home page. That’s misleading, even if the full article explains in more depth.)

7. DefaultVillain says:

Got Devil Daggers on the bundle. Been playing it for an hour, just hit 91 seconds.

There goes my free time. And weekend. At least I don’t have any sanity left to lose, so that’s an upside.

Thanks Alice, you’ve zombified this retired twitcher.

8. PixelsAtDawn says:

I have 9 hours recorded in Devil Daggers now. Which seems like nothing, until you realise that I average around 90s per run. Which is 350+ runs. Dear god.

9. Rack says:

Can’t play Devil Daggers being hard of hearing and I already have Prison Architect. Is anything else in there worth playing? Given that worth playing is quite an accolade these days with a fair few games on my list of shame.

10. Pyromanta says: