Best PC Gaming Deals Of The Week

I recently played through Virginia and just before I fall back into a weekend-long David Lynch obsession (yet again), I can do two things. First, I can tell you that if you’re into narrative adventure games, you should probably play Virginia (check out Paul’s review if you’re unsure). Second, I can bring a whole bunch of the best gaming deals to you here and let you see if any of them strike your fancy.

Everywhere

Over at Green Man Gaming, you can get yourself a copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition for £27.15 (or $29.09 in the States), by heading over to Green Man Gaming, signing in and then entering the code VIP3 at checkout. That’ll get you Geralt in all his cat-eyed, silver fox glory.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition for £27.15 / $29.09 using code VIP3 from Green Man Gaming

This weekend, you can pick up a copy of the not-quite-Theme-Hospital pharmaceutical company simulator, Big Pharma on Steam for its lowest price yet – £6.45 ($8.49 in the US and presumably a regional equivalent elsewhere). This is a weekend-specific deal, however, so if you feel like playing House for a while, it’s never been cheaper.

Big Pharma on PC for £6.45 / $8.49 from Steam

While we’re talking about Steam, Rockstar Games is holding a weekend sale of their own, offering up to 70% off some of their biggest games. Having said that, when is a Rockstar game not a big deal? While Grand Theft Auto V can be grabbed for slightly cheaper elsewhere (see further down this page), you can pick up copies of the below games at a nice discount.

Grand Theft Auto IV for £6.99 / $6.99
L.A. Noire Complete Edition for £7.40 / $8.99
Max Payne 3 for £5.24 / $6.99
Max Payne 1 and 2 Bundle for £2.99 / $4.49
Bully: Scholarship Edition for £3.49 / $5.24

Check out the whole range right here.

UK Deals

While Grand Theft Auto V is on offer from Steam itself, if you head over to GamesPlanet instead, you can pick up the game for even cheaper. It’s up for £25.99 for a copy of the game or £28.99 for the game and a Great White Shark Card. Keep in mind that by getting this version of the game, you’ll be getting the game through the Rockstar Social Club, though, and not a Steam key. So that might be a dealbreaker for some.

Grand Theft Auto V on PC for £25.99 from GamesPlanet
Grand Theft Auto V on PC with Great White Shark Card for £28.99 from GamesPlanet

If you like your slashy action games to be a little on the grimdark side of things, Darksiders may be your thing. For the next few days, you can pick up the Darksiders Collection, which gathers together the original Darksiders, Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition and a soundtrack, all for £8.99 at the moment at GamesPlanet.

Darksiders Collection for £8.99 from GamesPlanet

If, like me, you’ve spent more hours than you can count playing old LucasArts adventure games, you may be interested to hear that GamersGate is currently offering some massive discounts on the Steam versions some of the absolute best ones. Sadly, there’s no Grim Fandango on offer, but you can pick up all of the above on PC for under £2 each. While I’ve got your attention, I’m selling these fine leather jackets…

Here’s the list of what you can get your hands on:

The Secret of Monkey Island, £1.75
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge, £1.75
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, £1.20
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, £1.20
LOOM, £1.20
The Dig, £1.20

US Deals

Yes, yes, more Rockstar. Grand Theft Auto V is on offer over at Steam this weekend for a big discount. But if you happen to miss out on that deal, or just really enjoy having boxed PC games for some reason, Target are offering up their stock of GTA V for $29.99 for a limited time.

Grand Theft Auto V on PC (Boxed) for $29.99 from Target

That’s it, we’re done for another week. Keep in mind that deals, prices and availability can change at the drop of a hat, so apologies if you miss out on something you wanted. I’ll be over at Jelly Deals, scouring the world wide web for more deals. Feel free to visit, or follow us on Twitter and give us a like on Facebook.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

phuzz says:

GTA:V on sale? Alec will be so pleased when it ends up in the chart again :)

2. Unsheep says:

GOG is having its usual Weekend sale, some favourites:

Sam & Max series à €4.5
    Creatures series à €1
    Rage of Mages series à €3.60
    Tex Murphy series à €2.30

Then there’s: Monkey Island, Back to the Future, the Commandos series and whole bunch of modern Telltale games.

They also have specials on:
    – Spore Collection €11
    – We Are the Dwarves €15
    – Zenith €10

• Unsheep says:

Also, Humble Store has a great sale going on, here’s some more really good DRM-free games, personal picks:

– Shadowrun Returns & Dragonfall €2.7
      – Risen 1-3 from €2.50
      – Satellite Reign €9
      – Xenonauts €9
      – Legend of Grimrock 2 €9

3. mukuste says:

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition is 75% off on Steam, too. Kind of tempted to pick it up…

• Johnny Go-Time says:

Please do!! I love it so much – it’s the only game I can think of in the last 5yrs that I’ve beaten and then played through a 2nd time. Great mix of intensity, humour, and mission variety. Fantastic storylines & side characters.

4. Jediben says:

Make sure you all buy and play Max Payne 3.

• haradaya says:

I love that game. But goddamn it those unskippable cutscenes after what feels like every gunfight. On the 3rd playthrough, when you just want to indulge in the fun gameplay, they become too much.

Vandelay says:

Did they ever fix the load times? You supposedly could skip cutscenes, but it would always tell you it was still loading whenever you tried to. And they were loooong! That is OK on a first playthrough, but it makes the time attack mode and any replaying unbearable.

It has some really solid action though. When it let you just shoot the men it was a joy.

5. DarkFenix says:

That Witcher 3 goatee edition on GMG is £29.09, not £27.15. Definitely a deal for the yanks that one.

Sinomatic says:

If you sign in and put in the code like it says, it comes out at £27.15.

• DarkFenix says:

Yeah, I just found that. It’s a bit weird, I was signed in but it showed me the normal £29.99 price, discounted to £29.09 with the code.

Just now I click on their “VIP sale, just sign in” thingy and it shows me the £27.99 base price, subsequently discounted to £27.15.

GMG’s site likes to be ‘funny’ sometimes with which price you see depending on where you clicked and how their site is behaving that particular day. When I first signed up to GMG it insisted on giving me € prices when signed in, in spite of detecting my UK IP and showing £ when I wasn’t.

Farsearcher says:

There’s an Iceberg Interactive sale on Steam at the moment as well.

I’ve been eyeing up Starpoint Gemini 2 with all it’s DLC for super cheap. Is it worth it?

7. Bullfrog says:

Two Lynch references in a week, should I fetch my log?

8. Werthead says:

Make sure you all buy and play Max Payne 1 and 2. Two of the most fantastic action games ever made, and still both perfectly playable (and both have plenty of fun mods for them). And maybe 3, but only if you really liked the first two and wanted to know what Max Payne looked like if he was bald and wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

9. shagen454 says:

Best deal of the week is definitely the Humble Jumbo Bundle 7. Miscreated unlocks at $9.99 and is a very misrepresented game on RPS. The game is fantastic and I’ve never been a fan of DayZ, even having spent countless hours playing it.

On top of that, Devil Daggers, Prison Architect and some other stuff.

• TheChunt says:

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve been having a blast with Miscreated so far. I’ve put tons of hours into the original DayZ mod and around 800 hours into the standalone, while I had fun with both Miscreated manages to capture the same feel while being much more of a stable game.

Also, the Devs are really active within the community and are good at releasing regular updates. Definitely worth checking it out, it’s a bit more fun if you have a friend or two to play with.

10. racccoon says:

Max Payne is THE buy!

11. spaced says:

That Target deal must have been VERY limited, because it says $39.99 now.

Comment on this story