Dead By Daylight Gets ’80s Clobber In First Paid DLC

Am I the only one who feels mocked by Millennials? While I work hard to pay for my car and house, Millennials swan around taking selfies and buying vintage clothes. Hey, I know you’re thousands of years old, but could you at least pretend our lives are more than a blink of an eye to you? Must you disrespect all the pitiful idols we cling to? You see me and simply imagine buying my clothes from a charity shop after I die.

They’re at it even in Dead by Daylight [official site]. The 1v4 multiplayer slasher ’em up’s first paid DLC is now out, and it’s a load of ’80s-inspired clobber for its Millennials to wear. Sorry, I’ll be more specific for you ruddy eternals: the 1980s. CE. The 1980s CE.

This isn’t a huge bit o’ news but it is a relief to see the first DLC is purely cosmetic, not giving fun new weapons, items, or such to folks. Given that Dead by Daylight is published by Payday 2 owners Overkill, well, it could’ve been worse.

Nope, ‘The 80’s Suitcase’ simply contains a selection of garments including tiger-stripe leggings, a letterman jacket, awful jumpers, and ugly slacks. As ’80s-ish games clothing goes, it’s surprisingly unexaggerated – many games go hard on kooky blown-out neon. £1.70/2,69€/$2.69 is its price on Steam right now.

A new update launched alongside the DLC on Friday too, patch 1.1.2. It adds a load of new perks (or Offerings, Power Add-Ons, and Item Add-Ons, whatever!) and introduces cosmetic variants of weapons for the killers. Also, plenty of bug fixes and all that.

Though Behavior tout this update as having “all the improvements to the matchmaking and the lobby experience”, a fair few players are reporting they still find it buggy. Behavior have responded that it’s intentional that waiting times are slightly longer, to get a more precise match, but some of these bug reports sound beyond that. Hmm!

Perhaps Behaviour can spin that as commitment to the source material – of course horror movies are supposed to get worse with ‘improvements’. Look at what happened with Jason Vorhees. Though for this to work, they’ll eventually need to commit to sending… themselves into space? Sending the dev team into space? And they’ll need to scrap with the people making that Friday the 13th multiplayer game? I’ll be honest: this metaphor has gotten away from me.

From this site

1. Tempus Fugit says:

That game had so much potential to be fun, but between the bugs, hoards of godawful teenagers and trying to actually start a game (“No match found”, “No match found”, “No match found”, “No match found”), I just ended up uninstalled it. Such a shame. I hope the makers of the Friday the 13th game are watching all this and learning.

2. GunnerMcCaffrey says:

Has “Millennial” finally become the new “Hipster?”

• HiroTheProtagonist says:

“Millennial” has become the new “beatnik”/”hippie”/”get off my lawn” shorthand. “Hipsters” are just run of the mill counterculture participants that exist beyond the scope of millennial years.

The prior is for “those damn teenagers (or twentysomethings nowadays) on my lawn ruining everything”, the latter is for “Fuck Capitalim -Sent From My iPhone”

3. AbyssUK says:

You know what “Millennials” should do whatever they want right about now.. the next 10 years are going to be real tough and I do not envy them at all… starting familys etc in this climate with record student debts etc..
    good luck from us 30-somethings we had it tough but you guys seesh… wish we could help more but we are all broke so can’t help you out…

• Jediben says:

Counting down through days to the cleansing of the baby boomers, when the diabetes and skin cancer and heart disease afforded to them by a lifetime of opulence and foreign holidays and Sunday roasts finally hits home.

4. SexyHomie says:

shite game.. I am very dissapointed with direction this game took.
    Nerfing perks that does not even have to be nerfed, boosting survivors cause 3/4 are crybabies, devs listening only to stuff they want to listen, releasing DLC when base game is still broken.
    Oh yeah, and according stats everything is ok, cause being trolled as killer 24/7 is completely ok.
    No one fears killers anymore, cause right now you can pretty much get away with anything, unless you are way too cocky and stupid.
    Rant out.

5. dessertbunny says:

I really enjoyed playing Dead By Daylight until some sorry salty player got angry at me and sent me a friends request so he/she could bitch me out (which I did not accept). I did nothing wrong but I haven’t played since. I don’t think the players should see what our user names are. So I basically bought a game I actually liked and played until one salty childish player threw a fit and now I don’t even want to watch it. The ranking system is dumb too. I played what I consider a lot and never got above 20, normally I am a pushover and let everyone get the points. Two of my characters are level 4’s. Yet I’m the pathetic newb. I won’t be giving anymore money to this game. I’ll play Friday the 13th probably. DBD needs to stop listening to mainly the killers and salty players and make an actual game that can be fun for anyone.

Gnarl says: