Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel Coming To PC

Finally, a fighting game character I can relate to.

I’m glad to see more Japanese fighting games come over from consoles because 1) they’re a genre and origin traditionally under-represented here; 2) sometimes they are super weird and I adore that. So coo ‘eck, crossover fighting game Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel [official site] is coming to Windows this winter.

Made by Arcana Heart developers Examu, it brings together ladies from visual novel studio Nitroplus’s games, including licensed games. Expect witches, warriors, a schoolgirl with a baseball bat, a rozzer from Psycho-Pass, someone on a hang glider, and a lady followed by a swarm of cute cats. Amazing scenes. Watch this:

Yes, absolutely that driving metal is the perfect accompaniment to schoolgirls fighting. I’m so pleased with all of that.

As the video explains, Nitroplus Blasterz splits its selection of ladies into playable fighters and support characters. Each player chooses one main, who they’ll directly control, then another two from the support list. Supports can be called upon for special attacks and abilities, some of which look delightfully absurd.

If you want to see how it plays, check out this tournament from Evo.

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel was released for western PlayStations earlier this year and will be out on Windows this winter. As for what’s special about the Windows version, a press release from publishers Xseed Games mentions “added features such as new victory animations for some fighters, animated stage backgrounds, and menu settings in training mode which are now saved from the player’s last play session.”

From this site

1. Unclepauly says:

My slow internet didn’t bring the picture up right away so the name instantly made me think about the Heroin epidemic going on in American right now. I’ve no joke about it. That is all. smiley face

2. Ashabel says:

Whenever I see the videos of Nitroplus Blasterz, I like to consider the implications of Saya showing up in her moeblob form.

Does it mean the true ending of Song of Saya actually came to pass and we’re all shoggoths who perceive each other as people in order to not go insane from sheer horror of our condition? Because that would explain a lot.

3. LaKriz says:

WOW! Beautiful Pixelart, just not my genre.

4. invitro says:

Anime is the ugliest art style ever.

• SlimShanks says:

Oh I love blanket statements! Here’s mine: People with your opinion are the dumbest people ever :D

• a very affectionate parrot says:

‘Anime’ isn’t an art style.

5. Zankman says:

Another hentai fighting game, great.

I mean, it’s not hentai I guess… But just another w/e fighting game with loads of focus on ecchi females (I mean this one is based off of VNs, so, that is all you need to know).

“ban this sick filth”

• Ashabel says:

I was genuinely wondering when Zankman would show up with limp-wristed attempts at moral superiority. Took a bit longer than usual.

• Zankman says:

How is that an attempt at “moral” superiority? Not even close.

Limp-wristed, sure, not much effort into it.

But, either way, get bent. My stance on this tripe is more than justified.

• Ashabel says:

For your stance on anything to be justified, you would need to know what in the hell you’re even talking about. Given that you just went and made a sweeping assumption that something is a “another w/e fighting game with loads of focus on ecchi females” based on one screenshot while talking about a game produced by a company that built its reputation on heavily story-driven games (their most famous game is Lovecraftian horror), it’s pretty obvious that you’re utterly clueless.

Your statements come off as an attempt at moral superiority because most of your comments consist of making broad sweeping statements about things you have no idea about, with your tone most often consisting of attempts to shame the people who like the thing and implications that you’re somehow above them. There are honestly better ways to spend your time on the internet.

6. Monggerel says:

Here’s the thing though:
    it ain’t Nidhogg.

7. Chillicothe says:

That cat-chucking girl up there is the only good character in a see of bland animu.

• April March says:

Ca~ats

• Kaeoschassis says:

I’m pretty sure you miss-clicked, the “blanket statements” thread is three posts up!

I’m more of a dog guy myself though, to be honest…

• shde2e says:

Which, amusingly, is apparently Sonico. AKA a walking advert for headphones, weird photography games and doujinshi’s.

• Ashabel says:

To be fair, looking shiny and memorable is Sonico’s entire purpose as a mascot. She wouldn’t be a very good one otherwise.

Still, the implication that a vapid mascot created entirely to peddle figures is somehow less bland than Ein (whose character started the entire “withdrawn assassin girl” trope) and Saya (who is a literal shoggoth whose appearance is the result of agnosia triggered by the human brain in order to keep her from true form from driving people insane) is hilarious.