Humble Bundle-O-Rama: Clickteam, Company Of Heroes

Another Humble Bundle is offering friendly game-making tools for cheap. Following a GameMaker bundle last month, now they’re back with the the Humble Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Bundle. As you might guess, the pay-what-you-want bundle is built around the game-making software Clickteam Fusion, also packing some games built with it – including Metroid ’em up Environmental Station Alpha, jumpscare ’em up Five Nights at Freddy’s 3, multiplayer adventure The Yawhg, and citybuilding puzzler Concrete Jungle.

And now for something completely different: Humble also has loads of Company of Heroes games bundled up, celebrating ten years of the fine WW2 RTS series.

But first, back to Clickteam. Paying at least $1 will get you Clickteam Fusion 2.5 and a few games, including the source code for some so you can see how they’re put together. Pay at least $7 (£5.49-ish) and you’ll get more games, more source code, and an add-on to export games to Windows 10’s UWP. Lastly, beat $15 (about £11.77) and you’ll get even more games, even more Clickteam add-ons, and even more source.

That’s plenty to get you going making games. As for the ones included with the bundle, Brendy likes The Yawhg, Graham had complicated thoughts on Concrete Jungle, and John enjoyed exploring Environmental Station alpha.

There’s six days left on that bundle. They mostly come for Windows as Steam keys, but some are on other platforms and/or DRM-free too.

Onto Company of Heroes! At least $1 will get you the first Company of Heroes with its expansions Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor, plus the sequel’s multiplayer expandalone Company of Heroes 2 – The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West.

Beat the average ($7.45/£5.84 as I write) and you’ll also get the original Company of Heroes 2, several add-on mission packs, and the US Forces multiplayer expandalone.

Lastly, pay $10 (£7.84) or more and you’ll also get CoH 2’s Ardennes Assault singleplayer expandalone, the British Forces multiplayer expandalone, and some minor add-ons.

You’ve got thirteen days left to grab that bundle. They all come as Steam keys, with the first CoH only being on Windows but the sequel and its many extras on Mac and Linux too.

There! If you want to make or play video games, there are some fine cheap options.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Someoldguy says:

PCG review makes the Russian front sound like a depressing clickfest, hurling waves of untrained cannon fodder at the Germans, so I think I’ll pass.

• popej says:

As far as I remember it’s not much like that in the game, beyond the first mission.

The cutscenes do make it a central issue of course. To be expected given the historical basis.

2. JFS says:

CoH are widely praised, and I’m tempted at this price point, but ‘realistic’ RTS (e.g., Sudden Strike) was never my thing. Unfortunately! Cause this looks really interesting. Can anyone recommend a good (accurate) review for me to make up my mind? Is it a hard ‘n’ hectic APM spectacle, or is it more of a RTwP thing that appeals to turn-based strategists as well?

• KDR_11k says:

It’s similar to Dawn of War 2 (or more exactly the other way around). It’s still based on HP bars and such but macro is minimized in favor of microing a bunch of squads with lots of active abilities.

• Aldehyde says:

It can definitely be played pretty slow and at your own pace. The game produces a lot of cool scenarios to just watch while they unfold.

• JFS says:

Thanks! I read a few RPS articles. Maybe I’ll just get CoH 1 for a dollar and try that out. Guess that’ll keep me busy for a while.

• lich0 says:

You’ll have tanks pounding at each other from 20m so it’s not that realistic, but the game promotes use of combined arms and tactical manoeuvres. You can pause the game at any time in single player modes and issue orders to units when it gets hectic (and it will, game is micro intensive).

You should definately check out both campaigns from Opposing Fronts (CoH expansion). The British one is my favourite among all RTS games.

• inspiredhandle says:

Agreed. Nothing like entrenched piats coupled with Bren guns to really stop the enemy in their tracks. The only shit things about the British are:

-artillery is useless without arty as a doctrine (supercharged shells), and…

-officers having huge targets painted on them (I think I gained 1 level of veterancy on 1 lieutenant one time)

Micro-ing is everything in CoH

3. Old Mann says:

I loved COH so much but had such a janky PC I could barely run it. Years later armed with a better PC, I finally got to run it properly but I still struggled coping with all the action.

I found a hack you could type in that slowed the whole game down as much as you want. It transformed the game for me with my arthirtic hands. I could now think about strategies and make it all happen at my pace.

While playing, press [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[~] or [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[@] (on some keyboards) to bring up the console. Press [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[~] again to exit the console.

Type the next line to set game speed (#=speed, 10=normal)

4. ScubaMonster says:

It should be noted that the full price for everything in that Clickteam bundle would be over $1000 if you were to buy it individually at full retail price. For $15 that’s an insane deal. I like using their products. It’s pretty easy to make games with it and you can do some advanced stuff if you put in the time and effort to learn how.

5. geldonyetich says:

Speaking as somebody who bought GameMaker Studio and Clickteam Fusion in 1/2 sales of the past, I no longer feel as clever, especially considering I’m currently dabbling with the personal edition of Unity for free.

6. ludde says:

The Company of Heroes 2 bundle had me tempted there for a while, but after reading reviews about micro transactions and DLC hell on Steam, I think I’ll pass.

Why Relic, whyyyy? Why would you do this to the followup of one of my all time favorite games?

• defunct says:

I’m not sure which reviews you’ve been reading, but most of the micro transactions are for cosmetics. You can buy commanders, if you want, but you can also just play the game and earn them that way. There are three scenarios that can be bought separately, but they’re also a part of the HB package, at the match level.
      I played the original game, and I loved it. This one improves some stuff, I thought, and I enjoy it, too. I don’t like the in game store much, but I don’t use it, either. And I’m really not sure how it’s a Hell. Just don’t open it.

7. inspiredhandle says:

Played the first CoH for a while multiplayer. Absolutely loved it. Would still be playing it, but a bunch of bad experiences playing with some really toxic players soured it for me.

Would still be up for some MP shenanigans if anyone say, buys it cheap through this bundle and wants to learn the ropes in a “safe space” without someone frantically typing GITGUD!!1 through team chat.

The RPS community are a really friendly and helpful bunch from what I’ve experienced.

Play CoH!!

• inspiredhandle says:

Hell, I’ve even got a spare laptop with it installed. Come over and have a beer, meet the missus, we can LAN it . 😊

Comment on this story