Zewg Wush: StarCraft II Gets Cute With StarCrafts Mod

You are all adorable.

StarCraft II has got a whole lot cuter with the release of StarCrafts, a mod based on the long-running webcartoons by CarBot Animations. It gives everything a cartoony makeover, replacing all models and textures with squishy cartoon equivalents, complete with cutsey new animations. It’s still StarCraft II, it just, y’know, looks delightful. Given that the StarCraft II Arcade is included with the game’s demo, you don’t even need to own any of ’em to play this. Go on, get cute.

Look at these beautiful squishbabies:

I’d not seen the original StarCrafts cartoons until I heard of this mod but I’m wholly onboard with this look. And I’d certainly be up for a Dota 2 mod adapting the ace Dopatwo cartoons.

If you fancy playing, go to the StarCraft II’s Arcade – available in both the full games and the free StarCraft II Starter Edition – and search look for “Star Crafts Mod” (yes, the space is important). Or click the correct one of these here quicklaunch links for your server region: North America, Europe; Asia; and Southeast Asia.

CarBot Animations raised a mighty impressive $99,070 on Indiegogo to support making this mod, which is jolly impressive. The first version only came out yesterday so it does have a few bugs. Hit its Subreddit for more and to report things.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Freud says:

This mod looks amazing. Carbot’s SC2 and HotS animations are very funny.

2. Xzi says:

Wait, so I can play the campaign with this? That sounds hilarious. All it needs now is the VO guy from Battleblock Theater and SC2 would become one of the top ten games of all time, easy.

3. Earl-Grey says:

This is teriffic.
    Not only was I made aware of this HNNGH SO CUTE mod, I also discovered the Carbot Youtube channel.
    Today is a good day.

• that_guy_strife says:

I happened to rewatch the entire collection of Carbot’s SC2 shorts a few weeks ago. Imagine my delighted surprise when one of the guys I’m subscribed to on YouTube published videos playing this in an actual 3v3 and showing off all the various units of each race(with the guy from Carbot himself, during beta)!

That would be Lowko if anyone is curious to see this in action.

4. Zankman says:

It looks so nice! Love it.

5. jon_hill987 says:

“And I’d certainly be up for a Dota 2 mod adapting the ace Dopatwo cartoons.”

This might be the only thing that could get me to play DOTA again.

Comment on this story