Beelzebabble: Diablo 4 Rumours Abound

Update: David Brevik has since tweeted that he’s not involved in any Diablo projects at the moment. That’s why you should never listen to gossip.

Alice is away today, so I’m posting a rumour. She’ll be SO MAD when she gets back! Anyway, rumours are circulating that Blizzard might be about to announce Diablo 4 at next month’s Blizzcon. Each rumour on its own is piss-weak, but together they seem to point in that sort of direction. Or perhaps to a big expansion for Diablo 3 [official site]. Or they’re just mucking around to make everyone feel silly. Fortunately I’ve now laced this post with enough doubt and cynicism to excuse myself from concern.

This all begins with the most tenuous of conspiracy theories, summed up by YouTuber Rhykker right here:

If you would like to spare yourself watching a man try to hold a die near a camera for an aeon, it seems a four-sided die included in the BlizzCon promotional bumph has gotten the internet chatting, believing that its odd printing of little dots suggests not only Diablo 4 (D4, geddit?), but also a date (you don’t care how), the 4th November. To us Brits, that’s the day before we encourage our children to burn the effigy of a 450 year old man because we apparently live in The Wickerman, but to Blizzardanians, it’s the big annual BlizzCon.

The die does indeed come in a Diablo-themed pouch, and they could well be about to announce a table-top Diablo D&D-style game. Gosh, that would be brillo. But, there are some more bits and pieces.

Quirky little RPS tribute site PC Gamer reports that Diablo 2 honchos David Brevik and Bill Roper have been seen picking through the bins outside Blizzard HQ recently, and Brevik yesterday mysteriously tweeted a reference to Diablo with a picture of a constellation.

Talking in present tense about being an adviser is rather suggestive. But again, not necessarily of a fourth game, but perhaps a big extension of the third. And that’s apparently Libra, with eight stars, which suggests to me it’s clearly going to be Diablo 8. Or Libra is scales, and maybe the scales are going to be removed from our eyes! The truth will be revealed! Blizzard will show us the One True Path! Or perhaps it’s nothing and someone at Blizzard is wondering if they can retrospectively claim this as deliberate.

Update: Brevik has since said that he’s not working on Diablo at all:

Which means he really needs to learn about tenses, and tweeting mysterious photographs for no apparent reason.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Simbosan says:

Lets hope the heights are higher than the lows of D3.

• Chalky says:

Yeah – but that said, Blizzard have really turned it around and Diablo 3 is currently in an extremely good place. It’s a damn good game now despite the huge number of missteps initially.

I’d love either another expansion or a sequel, I’m confident that they understand the game enough now to do it justice.

• Simbosan says:

So there’s offline play now and no auction cash grab? Decent story?

• Chalky says:

Yep, the cash shop stuff is long gone and the entire loot system has been overhauled. The season system is also really fun and breathes new life into the game, at least enough to pick it up again every few months.

There’s no fully offline single player, but frankly it’s 2016 and most players spend the majority of their time in multiplayer games anyway once they’ve done the story.

Whether or not that story is decent or even terribly important is up for eternal debate, I’m sure.

• welverin says:

There’s offline, on console. You also get to use a gamepad!

• rocketman71 says:

2016 is not excuse to tether you to a central server, many of us still have a shit connection. Also the only reason not to have a local server is the cash grab that was the AH. It’s sad that the best version of Diablo can be found on consoles, and it says a lot about what a POS Blizzard has become.

• Sic says:

It’s better. Much much better.

It’s not, however, anywhere near the quality of Diablo 2.

• Phocks says:

Diablo 4:
      * Single player only. Connection to servers required to play.
      * PS4 or Xbox One controller only, no keyboard and mouse support.
      * Credit card information is now displayed as part of your battle tag.

PoulWrist says:

As long as they have learned how to design loot that drops while playing the game rather than forcing you into using a stupid auction house. Sorry, Blizzard, never going to forget how you deliberately broke the game to promote that scam.

keefybabe says:

They did actually fix that and back off to be fair. Blizzard do, in the end, own their mistakes and tend to fix them.

PoulWrist says:

Hardly a mistake. A deliberate choice. That took them so long to change that it might never have been changed at all. I can only marvel at anyone who kept playing through it, but I guess the idea of selling 100€ items on the market was enough.

• Kaeoschassis says:

In fairness, a poor decision is absolutely “a mistake”. Even if the mistake in question was “thinking they could get away with it”, they still eventually fixed it. Not in time for me personally to have any enthusiasm for the game, but still.

• sweenish says:

The game has been without an auction house longer than it’s had one. Let it go.

• Regicider 12.4% says:

So just about everything should be excused by the merit of time being infinite and one-directional? Every action ever made and still to be made will eventually have more time passed afterwards than during the bullshit happening.

The people waving around the money divining rod and delegating decisions downward are still the same and their job is to do what they can get away with. Wait and see.

• rocketman71 says:

No, they don’t. And that was not a mistake. It was a design choice.

I’ll believe that Blizz cares about their users when LAN and spawn are restored to SC2 and D3. I’ll wait here observing how hell freezes, though.

• Asurmen says:

Yes, they do, because they removed the AH. That it was a design choice, doesn’t change the fact it was a mistake.

LAN support, you mean that thing that’s barely used anymore, compared to its heyday?

• inspiredhandle says:

Yes, LAN should always be supported. Just typing ipconfig makes me rediculously happy. You are a monster for not understanding that.

• RedViv says:

If only they ever changed Diablo 3 in that regard. Yeah. Maybe given us two years after that to see how it plays out far better with that stuff removed. If only.

PoulWrist says:

I don’t give a shit. The game was terrible in that regard at launch and for years and I lost all interest in ever playing it again after that scandal.

• anHorse says:

“I don’t give a shit”

And yet you feel like telling everyone else, repeatedly

• popej says:

Whilst I’m not condonin’ his moanin’ (awwwww yeeeaahhh, sweet rhymes), he(or indeed she) said “I don’t give a shit” in response to the excuse that he perceived RedViv was making.

As such your comment makes no sense! Sorry, I had to point it out! :p

Edit: I appreciate you may realise this and have taken it out of context to make a point.

• Hebrind says:

It was barely a “scandal”, it was just a game design flaw which didn’t work out, and they fixed it years ago. D3 was a mess on launch and now post-Reaper of Souls and with a few seasons behind it, it’s in a very nice place. It’s not for everyone, but what game is?

As someone above said of it, “let it go”. All that anger and bitterness over a videogame isn’t doing anyone any favours.

• dr.denton says:

I get the critisism about the loot system, but in my eyes that was never the real issue with D3.

There seems to be this weird consensus across the internet, that Diablo was only ever about hacking and slashing and collecting stuff and blowing shit up, completely ignoring the atmosphere, the world building and storytelling D1 and 2 did.

All this was scrapped in D3 in favour of saturday morning cartoon villains, one liners and general “badassedness”. That killed the franchise for me, not a flawed loot system.

• Duoae says:

Same for me too. I also had complaints about the very boring style of play and moment to moment tactic’s as per gothnak below.

I played it on console after the auction house fix but still the story, art style, enemy variation, ability system and loot bonuses really left it a bland experience for me.

Imo, in many ways it made the same mistakes that torchlight 1 made in making itself too bland.

PoulWrist says:

That too – the story was uninteresting. But that’s OK if the game is good and Diablo 3 was so deeply flawed by deliberate design as to be unsalvagable.

• gabrielonuris says:

I’ve had to login just to agree with you; yes, I’m also one of those guys who actually like the plot behind the Diablo franchise. I still remember how the atmosphere hit me good, and it was when I played the first one, and met that dying guy at the entrance of the cathedral; he talked about demons, the Butcher (the first boss) and he explained it all to me as if I was indeed stepping inside Hell itself; I was indeed afraid of confronting that “butcher” he talked about, and when I finally met the monster, I was like: “that’s it, it’s all or never. Somebody tell my family I love them.”

From that moment onwards, I’ve played Diablo just for the story, just to see what dwells in the levels below. and then I played Diablo 3, a cartoonish version of my beloved demonic franchise; it was like I was playing Torchlight with ragdoll physics: it was fun… But D3 has 0 atmosphere. It’s just another dull looting simulator, and without that atmosphere it’s just like any other ARPG out there.

• dr.denton says:

I feel honoured :)

I couldn’t really point to what bothered me with D3 until I discovered this video on yt: link to

He makes some very good points I think, and wish more of the media would go beyond “Ah, yes, it’s that clickety-click game that has no other purpose than to be big, dumb fun. Like Pro Wrestling”, like he does

• gabrielonuris says:

My god, the guy even mentioned the Butcher himself!! That’s exactly how I feel about Diablo 3!!! and it surely made me wanna get back to Path of Exile…

• durruti says:

heh, was getting the impression someone had also watched mrbtongue. i bounced off hard of that timed diablo 3 demo before release. mechanically it kinda reflected the atmosphere, no weight to it. that and the horrible always-online design that meant you could never escape an enemy attack that started when you were in range. plus the restricted build/leveling options… i could probably go on, in the end they tried to make the whole game rely on its addictive potential. so that’s why grim dawn works for me i guess.

• Doctor Pandafaust says:

Oh I don’t think you have to chose. I think you can both hate the mechanics, the auction house, AND the fact that it is a game that betrayed the plot, atmosphere and pacing of the originals.

link to

A less well thought out but more succinct demonstration of the terrible plot – the worst dialogue in the game – spoilers of course!

• inspiredhandle says:

“AH, FRESH MEAT!”

Scared the shit out of me back in the day. Was scoffing at the idea of Diablo having “atmosphere”, then I remembered the Tristram music.
          Excellent game. Brilliant atmosphere. Second one was great too.

I renamed my old laptop Wurt when I made a new pc last year, as the thing is just limping along now. Was actually a bit upset when I found his leg in the second game, even though that bastard was a ripoff merchant.

3. Rao Dao Zao says:

Maybe it’ll work offline this time?

… I’m so sorry. ;_;

• kud13 says:

Why apologize? It’s a very real criticism that’s still valid.

Blizzard burned bridges with a lot of players with that stunt (and especially the lame-ass “our players are too dumb to tell an SP character apart from MP character BS justification).

And to add insult to the injury, they then released a console version that works perfectly fine offline.

Blizz deserves all the flac in the world for that obsession to drive its entire player base into its always online ecosystem- just as every other dev that tries the same BS

Herring says:

That’s not the reason I remember reading. It was basically the #1 criticism they had from players about D2 was the cheating. Online is the only ‘guaranteed’ way to stop that.

The AH was justified by making item trading seamless in this online environment.

Both reasonable justifications at face value though of course you may not believe them.

• kud13 says:

I’m pretty sure that was the underlying reason, yeah, but that’s not how the PR came out. They were asked to make SP only characters, and they replied that, no, they won’t be doing that, b/c they’ve had instances where people complained that they can’t use their SP char and play online with their friends”.

And once again, as far as I’m concerned, the fact that they made offline play available on consoles voids all arguments as to why it can’t be done on PC.

• wyrm4701 says:

Hey, there’s nothing to apologize for. Plenty of us won’t pay AAA-price for a single-player game that’s at the mercy of lag spikes. And for all the talk of Blizzard realizing the mistake of the Auction House, it’s implementation instilled a deep skepticism in many longtime fans.

4. Gothnak says:

Can it be a decent difficulty by default and then you have to make it easier by choice?

Can the loot be interesting and not just be ‘add X % to one of 20 different very minor abilities’?

Can each region not be fighting enemies in exactly the same way but just that they look a bit different, so that i actually have to use different abilities at some point?

Can the crafting system actually be interesting?

Frankly i don’t care about the story, and the graphics looked quite nice in the last one, but i expect yet again that’s where the money will be spent making a vacuous experience much like D3.

• mwoody says:

Well, given that Diablo 3 currently satisfies all of those requirements, I think they’ll be fine.

It’s been said before, but it really should be stressed: the current state of Diablo 3 is damn good. It falls down on atmosphere and storytelling (but then, I’d argue 2 gave up that ghost already), but in terms of itemization and pure gameplay, it’s a bloody delight.

They deserved a lot of ire for the auction house and terrible itemization at launch, and they got it. At this point, though, ALL of that is fixed.

If they do announce D4, I’d wager it’s because so many people don’t realize that they’ve fixed all the concerns. It makes more sense to do a new sequel than an expansion, so they can more visibly announce their new direction to those who (understandably) haven’t been paying attention after the launch of D3.

• Capt. Bumchum McMerryweather says:

Hey look guys it’s someone else who hasn’t played the game making an opinion of it!

To be serious for a second though, it sounds like you really haven’t played the game that much.

1) You can set a fairly decent challenge for yourself by starting the game out on the hardest difficulty the game will let you, which without any gear on is bloody tough. The difficulty increases right the way up through TormentX, or if you prefer grifting they become steadily more insane as you progress, way past the point of anyone’s ability to complete them.

2) come off it, there are literally (correct use of literally) dozens of weapons and sets with unique properties that you can completely tailor your experience around.

3) I refer you to 2). There are loads and loads of options for how you can fight your enemy. There are at least 5 ways (off the top of my head) of building a barbarian alone that are viable for grifting and such, and make using the same old class fun again.

4) agree the crafting system is fairly basic, but this is a loot based game, not a crafting one.

I honestly don’t see how people can compare Diablo 3 so unfavourably to 2. Diablo 2 was a lot of fun, but doing Baal runs on hell or grinding with magic find to get those fucking SOJ’s is not an endgame, it’s a fucking bot fest. Diablo 3 has tons more to do, and is in general a far more enriching and involved experience, which constantly has new seasons, gear, ladders, and all sorts. Diablo 2 was fun when it came out, but the games aren’t getting worse. We are just getting older and more jaded.

• Gothnak says:

I finished Diablo 1 & Diablo 2 when they came out, were great fun, took ages, and i remember having very interesting loot, a Legendary Bow with Knockback on D1 changed the game completely for me.

I then got Diablo 3 soon after it came out and was unable to play it on difficult, just an easier level. I got to Level 10 or so and gave up. Last year, after people telling me it had changed, i booted it up again and started with a new character. I selected the highest difficulty available and played through the whole thing bored to tears, just wanting to see the ending.

I was a Barbarian in that playthrough and found two abilities that were just frankly better than anything else available, so as other abilities unlocked, i tried them and removed them after about 5 minutes, finishing the whole game with the same abilities.

All the weapons i found were +X% to this or that, or plus a level to Ability C (which i wasn’t using), nothing which really fundamentally changed my playing style. I’m sure there were different ways to play as a Barbarian, but i didn’t need any of them.

Now, maybe if i had then gone back and played the game through again at a higher difficulty level, i might have enjoyed it more, but ffs, why should i have to play the game at a difficulty level that isn’t fun, so i can play it on the right level?

I think i died twice in the whole campaign, it was just boring.

So, before you have a go at me for not playing the game enough, i think for most games ‘finishing the game’ is probably enough, and if it isn’t, the game hasn’t been designed particularly well.

• Capt. Bumchum McMerryweather says:

Not having a go at you at all good sir, just having a discussion AT you.

Yeah, I think that the replay ability of Diablo is not your thing. If you feel like playing a game more than once to finish it is a failing of the game then you probably don’t appreciate endgame/grind type stuff which is fine :)

• Gothnak says:

That is a fairer comment… Tbh, there are so many good games out there right now that replaying a game never happens for me unless it is entirely procedurally (No idea how to spell that) generated on playthroughs. I just don’t have enough time to sit and play one game for months anymore and although i love ARPGs i doubt i’ll get D4 if that is who it is aimed at.

However in D3’s example, they could have given me access to the difficulty i ‘wanted’ without making me play a crap version first, that is the design flaw here.

It’s like modern day MMOs, they make a game all about the end game, and then make you grind to get there, well, frankly i don’t want to :p.

• Someoldguy says:

I loved D1 when it came out and played it over and over. D3 was a horrible disappointment by comparison. That said, if D1 appeared today with the same gameplay but modern graphics, I’m not sure I’d stick with it until I beat the game either. These days I’ll take one playthrough with a cracking storyline over endless repetition and padding hoping for RNGesus to bless me with loot worth keeping.

• banana says:

Nowadays, before reaching lvl 60 (starting at lvl 1), you can choose between Normal, Hard, Expert, Master and Torment at any given time. After 60 you can go to Torment 6. After 70 to Torment 13.
          And there is the adventure mode. You don’t have to work your way through the campaign step by step.
          Just saying.

5. Blowfeld81 says:

D3 really let me down at release, but holy cow, did it get better in the end. Had a blast playing D3 / RoS with my best buddy half a year ago for a complete season. Totally worth the money in the end. Looking forward to D4!

6. Carra says:

Surely they will call it Di4blo.

7. Eigen Lenk says:

Could also be the remastered version of Diablo II that’s been talked about.

8. rocketman71 says:

Since it will no doubt come without LAN support, just don’t bother. The Blizz of old is dead.

Guess they offered a pretty good amount of money to Brevik and Roper to come back. At least they deserve it.

9. Rack says:

As someone who vastly prefers Diablo 3 in its current stat to the originals I really hope this is either a spin-off or expansion pack. Given the backlash I doubt Diablo 4 will be anything other than a step back to Diablo II. If Diablo III continues to exist then that will be fine, but given the lack of offline play I might only be able to play it on a console in future. That would be a ral shame.

• Kaeoschassis says:

Y’know, it’s funny to me that you refer to D2 as being a step ‘back’ from D3, and then in the same paragraph point out that in another few years you might not even be able to PLAY D3 because of its dumb always-online thing. You know what game doesn’t have that problem? I tell y’what, I’ll give you three guesses, heh.

• Slazer says:

Always Online is the only reason the online stuff like seasons are actually fun. There is basically no chance to find a cheater on PC.

Compare that to consoles, the whole online experience is a mess and you usually gain 20 levels per second if you play with random people.

Thanks, I’ll prefer online-only

10. Zanchito says:

Something all levelled games should do (and you only see in some MMOs) is level scaling among players. In my group of friends, getting a regular schedule is impossible, which means that everybody levels at different rates, and in the end, we can’t really play together.

11. airknots says:

It would be interesting to see Brevik on the project after that fiasco with the ex D3 lead Jay Wilson.

12. padger says:

Me and Mrs Padger had loads of fun with Diablo 3, once it worked. I understand the problem that people had with it, but ultimately we never tangled with the auction house and Blizzard dialled it back so much it was irrelevant. The ongoing seasonal updates have been interesting and good humoured, too. They put a few feet wrong at the start, but all this makes me quite excited for D4.

13. RaoulDuke says:

“To us Brits, that’s the day before we encourage our children to burn the effigy of a 450 year old man because we apparently live in The Wickerman,”

Where the aitch do you live Pip? I’ve been to bonfire night celebrations in/on Glasgow, Edinburgh, Ayr, Arran and even Yorkshire once when visiting the family.

I have never once seen an effigy of Guy Fawkes be present/burned, I’m not meaning to be antagonistic, I’m genuinely curious, are there celebrations where they actually burn an effigy on top of the bonfire?

• Kaeoschassis says:

Fairly confident I remember that being done several times when I was a wee bairn, growing up in a couple rural villages, but it’s been a long time so I couldn’t tell you if said memory is accurate.

• Someoldguy says:

Yes there are, but I’ve never been to on where it’s played a significant part in the pageantry on the night. It’s usually just as a way of getting the village kids involved (prize for the best themed guy) or as a way of advertising a bigger display that wants to sell a lot of tickets.

14. DeadCanDance says:

Are you all for serious? Clearly what killed it was always online play and the error messages that spawned while trying to connect. Your hero with so much power can only see the results of it after one second delays due to 200ms pings.

15. Freud says:

You missed the biggest clue that D4 is coming. Blizzard has had a lot of job listings for a game in the Diablo universe and D3 is more or less in maintenance mode at this point where no new content is being added.

I doubt they’ll make another D3 expansion. RoS took it to a good place but there isn’t much to add to it.

16. popej says:

So a 4th November release date? God, how much better is when the announcement is less than a month before the potential release date?

Let’s hope humanity hasn’t forgotten what a shambles 3 was on release though. DONT PRE-ORDER!

17. reggiep says:

I think expansion featuring Baal and Mephisto. The problem with an expansion is that they need to add 10 more levels for each of the existing heroes, plus a new hero (rumored to be Druid). So the act of building the next expansion is considerably harder — having to balance the other 6 heroes with the 7th. I don’t envy that job, but it certainly explains why it’s slow going.

A Diablo 4 seems stupid as it would essentially waste what is already (still) a really good game in Diablo 3.

Also, it’s funny to still see the same “I never played it, but the auction house is stupid” faces around here. The auction house has been gone since 2014 when RoS came out.

18. Daymare says:

What killed D3 for me was not the cringy, cartoonish writing, or the (later fixed) auction house or even the (later semi-fixed) item system.

I found it to be awful level design. It looked quite pretty, but navigating the world was so … boring, linear, coupled with weird constraints by “cutscenes” every few minutes, there was something terribly repetitive and tedious about just moving around. I don’t know why I’ve never had that problem in Path of Exile (which now stands as my favorite by a wide margin), Titan Quest or Diablo 2, but it also made me stop playing Torchlight. I think the good ones varied more with small, intricate dungeons and wide open spaces.

I’m also not a big fan of the combat, not sure what it is exactly about it. Well-designed and responsive, but ultimately too repetitive? Can’t put my finger on it.

• Daymare says:

I wanna say though, the writing really IS bad. Not sure if there’s a correct English term but I’ve honestly experienced (what tells me is called) second-hand embarassment while reading a bunch of lines in the game.

• DispleasedEskimo says:

Have you been watching their Overwatch shorts? Possibly the dullest Blizzard writing I’ve experienced so far. They just care so little about it. It comes across as arrogant after a while, almost like they’re saying “Well you guys loved all of Valve’s Meet the Team videos for TF2, so we’ll just make a video for each hero (who cares about it’s quality, just so long as the video exists) and you’ll automatically love all of them”. Well, I loved to look at them… but that’s about it.

It’s just marketing though I guess. And it did its job.

• Daymare says:

I liked the wordless one with Bastion, it was a bit generic, but cute and sad. Other than that I’ve only ever seen the first one with Winston before, so I don’t really have an overview, but that one didn’t do much for me and felt very cookie-cutter safe and by the numbers in a way I haven’t seen often before, especially considering the protagonist was an uplifted ape. This sums up most of Blizzard these days, tho. Overwatch’s formula is whackiness + melancholy + safe PG 13 shenanigans.

And they don’t hold a candle to the insane humour of the TF2 ones; I only played TF2 but once I’ve watched all the Meet-Thes shorts like, ten times.

• Pebblerocker says:

Yes, adventure mode at least lets you roam the world instead of being locked into repeating the quest line, but the cutscenes are a bugger. Every minor boss fight wrenches the camera away to showcase their ~superb villain dialogue~ and you have to hear the first line no matter how fast you hit escape. That’s what really breaks my immersion.

• dr.denton says:

Absolutely. If they had gone with 1/10 of the dialogue and exposition and let the world itself tell the story …

Playing Legion right now I thought of a drinking game where you have to take a shot or sip every time you hear the words “impossible”, “defeat”, “mortal” and “foolish”. By my calculation no one can go more than a half our.

19. gingerbill says:

Diablo 3 became a very good game once the loot system had changed and the AH was removed.

It was a shame they never added on all the classes of Diablo 2 though , still think D2 had more interesting classes. I missed the druid and the amazon.

They also did a really good job with the console version.

• Daymare says:

And like, why? What’s so important about this scene that you can’t just *not* take the cam away from me and still have it play out *while I move in the game-world you designed for me to move in*?
      I recently played about 6 weeks of WoW and they’ve started doing those in-game cutscenes with in-game animations (not the buffed up ones with custom stuff) there, too. Why?

I also remembered what killed D3 for me the 2nd time (when ROS came out): Adventure mode’s all well and good but there’s absolutely no feeling of progress with the difficulty slider. You’re not getting better, progressing in some sort of story/level system your numbers just go up. The levels still remain the same awful mess of corridors/wide-open spaces, enemies still remain exactly the same, with the additon of some stuff in elite mobs.

And Scott-damnit those bosses’ one-liners. How can 30-something-year old people sit down and come up with this stuff and not wince at their own creation?

• Daymare says:

Sorry, should’ve been a reply to Pebblerocker above. I’m new here as a commenter and haven’t figured out the intricacies of RPSs’ comment system.

20. Slazer says:

I have to show my support for always-online here because it is the reason that you can actually play random multiplayer on PC. The community basically has no cheaters and Blizzard closes all loopholes, while playing on console is a nightmare as cheaters are all over the place. I know the start was shit, but servers are performing well and I had no issues for years.

That said, the story and enemy design is still crap, but everybody now plays adventure mode and acts like the story never existed, so thats fine. But it really feels like they could do something greater if they can get rid of the shackles of D3 vanilla

21. Voqar says:

It’ll probably just be another D3 expac. This is bliz. They haven’t fully bled people with D3 yet.

22. Procrastination Giant says:

Looks like David might have been refering to PoE in his tweet. Chris Wilson (GGG’s lead Dev) just confirmed that David Brevik is an advisor for the chinese PoE Launch. [Reddit Source]

23. Maki1300 says:

@author. Really a rumor?? Lol. Oh well.

Any news on diablo universe would be great.

As for the eternal conflict of d3vd2/d3-expectationVSreality

I enjoy d3 for what it is. It’s a fun and flawed game.

If d4 is in the work I would like:
    -weapon type change my playstyle (ala gw2, Victor vran)
    -difficulty that actually change enemy ai/mechanics (not just more health/damage l)
    – auction house (just kidding!)

24. flagoon says:

Why play any Diablo game when I have Path of Exile? Game that push arpg’s to another level. Level that Blizzard will never reach, because they will compromise to please too many players. And being huge success, like I’m sure D4 will be, doesn’t mean it’s a good game.

• Maki1300 says:

I think diablo 3 (specially post ros) is a good game. That doesn’t make your opinion wrong. ;)

And I agree POE is a good arpg. I’m glad I don’t need pick one game.

Comment on this story