Rick & Morty & Crows & Crows & Crows: Accounting Released Free For Vive

What do you get if you lock Rick and Morty co-creator Justin Roiland in virtual reality with the Dr. Langeskov gang at Crows Crows Crows for a few months? A few dozen slop buckets you couldn’t pay me to go near. Also Accounting [official site], a virtual reality accounting simulator for HTC Vive. It’s out now for free on Steam and… I’m not quite sure how angry tree spirits and dungeons and guts and acid are involved in accounting, but I trust they’ve researched this thoroughly.

To clear things up, Crows etc. and Roiland’s Squanchtendo explain:

“The modern field of Accountancy is a serious and honorable profession. Many human beings have spent their lives toiling over the hard science of numbers. Thousands have died so that we may get to the level of understanding that we have today. Thousands have died.”

Ah. Right. Maybe this trailer will help:

Oh, so you dick about in cyberspace throwing stuff while someone says funny things. Gotcha! Crows Crows Crows are a lark and Rick and Morty is one of the best things on television in years so good, great, excellent. Cybergoggles disagree with my eagle eyes but sure, I’d fire this up to throw things if I ever found myself near some goggs.

As for actual VR Rick and Morty, Job Simulator devs Owlchemy Labs are making Rick and Morty: Virtual Rickality.

[Disclosure: head Crow William Pugh is a pal of mine. How pally? After he got smashed up by a car, I almost sent him flowers in the form of a car-shaped funeral wreath but decided it was too expensive for a joke and so instead neither sent nor said nothing.]

From this site

1. demicanadian says:

Sad person that can’t afford 800€ out of focus (I tried two sets, both were completely out of focus to me regardless of the slider setting) device is sad. Dr Langeskov was so good.

• Fiatil says:

Neither the Rift nor the Vive have a slider that affects focus. They both have interpupillary distance knobs, but those wont affect the blurriness of either headset.

2. Xzi says:

This was probably among the best thirty-minute segments in my life, along with several episodes of Rick and Morty. Squanchtendo 4 lyfe.

3. JR says:

I’m surprised it took me this long to realize that William Pugh is just the British flavor of Justin Roiland.

This was short, sweet little morsel. Their humor compliments each other really well. Hopefully we’ll see more collaboration between the two in the future.

yhancik says:

Their release announcement in the Crow Crows Crows newsletter totally made up for the fact that I can’t play this VR thing :D

5. Monggerel says:

Rick & Roll a is almost as good as the seventh season of the US Office so by my accounting that’s definitely the finest telivision in like four years

addendum: the wall ate my television so I haven’t seen much since

Comment on this story