Rocket-Riding Knights Compete In Lance A Lot

One-hit-kill melee arena action is all the rage in local multiplayer games nowadays, swords swinging with gay abandon, and I’m always delighted to see something surprising there. The recently-released Lance A Lot [official site] is a one-hit-kill melee arena local multiplayer game where… you’re all knights riding rockets, trying to jab each other with your lances. Yep, sure!

So there you are, up to four knights, ready to scrap it out for honour or hankies or whatever it is knights are after. A good Brasso sponsorship deal? The point is: you’ll not be satisfied by mere horsesports, no no, you’ll be riding gleaming rockets. Off you scream, trying to jab other knights with your lance, and maybe dicking about with powerups or weird physics objects in levels. I do also like the idea of rockets themselves becoming hazards once their rider is toppled.

I’ve not had a crack yet myself but yeah, this looks and sounds pretty fun. Certainly more interesting to me than that other Rocket Knight.

A 35% launch discount brings Lance A Lot down to £7.14/9,74€/$9.74 on Steam. It’s made by Swedish mob Rocket Hammer. Here’s the launch trailer:

From this site

1. LTK says:

“That other Rocket Knight” is an item unavailable in my region…?

2. klops says:

Looks fun!

It also reminds me the thing that I often wonder: Why game devs (especially indie) don’t utilize non-copyrighted classical music more? No need to create and pay for twopenny theme music, just grab something existing and good and make use of it. Back in the C64 days this was quite a common thing.

• PointyShinyBurning says:

The scores are in the public domain, but any high-fidelity recording is likely to still be under copyright (especially in the US). Unless you’ve got an orchestra at your house or chiptune works for your genre (like those old C64 games) then it’s going to be a MIDI version which is a fair amount of work to get sounding decent in itself.

3. mashkeyboardgetusername says:

Darn, for a moment I thought someone had remade Joust.

4. Sin Vega says:

The long-awaited remake of Rocket Jockey comes one step closer. Although this is probably more reminiscent of Joust. Looks fun either way!

DelrueOfDetroit says:

I literally just bought a can of Brasso no less than 15 minutes ago.

COINCIDENCE!?