Bap! Bonk! Zzonk! Telltale’s Batman Ep 3 Out Today

The third instalment of Telltale’s episodic Batman [official site] is thunking, vronking, and zgruppping its way out this afternoon. This is the mid-way point of the season and, from what I’ve seen (I’ve not had a bash myself), it looks like the Batstory is potentially branching a bit from established Batcanon of Batbackbatstories. I’d been concerned that the Batburden of Bathistory might Batstifle Telltale’s whole ‘Batchoices and Batconsequences’ Batdealio, Batbut maybe Batthis will Batbe Bata Batinteresting Batone. Here, have a peek in this launch trailer for Episode 3: New World Order.

And here’s Telltale’s own blurb about what’ll happen in New World Order:

“Penguin’s brutal attack broadcast on live TV has left Gotham City reeling. As Bruce and Batman, you’ll dig deeper into the web of intrigue surrounding the newly revealed Children of Arkham. Meanwhile, behind closed doors, the mysterious Selina Kyle reveals more of herself to Bruce. And in the aftermath of the attack, Bruce’s friend and Gotham’s new mayor, Harvey Dent, is a deeply changed man. Who can be trusted when the future of Bruce Wayne – and the Batman – could be determined by the flip of a coin?”

The episode should be out in ooh a few hours. The full season of Batman is £18.99/22,99€/$24.99 on Steam and it’s on GOG too.

From this site

1. sicanshu says:

For a second I thought Bruce Wayne was Sterling Archer. Now THAT is a Telltale game I would play.

• Shinard says:

Somebody needs to make an Archer game, ASAP. Either Telltale or Obsidian (Alpha Protocol is the closest thing to an Archer game I’ve ever played), both would be perfect.

• sicanshu says:

Seriously. Just imagine the dialogue options. It’d be worth the cost of the game just to click “Lana” repeatedly until she loses her shit.

2. Dynamique says:

Does anyone know whether they addressesd performance issues ? I put it on “the pile” not long after the release of EP1 – when I realized that the framerate sucked terribly on my notebook. ;-)

3. fenriz says:

I don’t understand, why doesn’t Telltale make their games in FMV, like in the very succesful games of the late 90’s?

But seriously, i like how they brought in someway adventures back to the mainstream. I just believe most games should have these bits of human actions (using items with items), not just running, killing and talking.

4. Talahar says:

Episode 1 of this is currently free on steam, until November 7th. It’s the “download demo” button.

Serrit says: