Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare System Requirements

With the launch of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare [official site] just over a week away, Activision are busy ticking off items on their usual launch checklist.

• Make live-action trailer starring celebs because reasons ☑
  • Announce PC system requirements ☑
  • Research oddball comparisons for post-launch sales boasts

I’m excited to see what they come up with this year on that last note. Infinite Warfare Twitch livestream minutes watched versus the Superbowl? Dollar sales figures versus the combined value of the shoes of everyone who saw Suicide Squad? We’ll have to wait and see! But for those first two, read on.

Activision have now bopped Infinite Warfare’s minimum system requirements up on its Steam page. They are:

OS: Windows 7 64-Bit or later
Processor: Intel Core i3-3225 @ 3.30GHz or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 70 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 Compatible

Comparing those to the requirements for last year’s Cod Blops 3, you’ll need another 2GB of memory, a video card that’s a generation or two newer with another gigabyte of RAM, a few hundred extra MHz on your CPU, another 10GB of space… sure, that’s maybe to be expected from another year’s worth of system upgrades.

That’s only the minimum requirement, mind – the system that will run it without catching fire. CoD games tend not to declare recommended system requirements so, er, do it yourself by taking that spec and adding £300 on top.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is due out on November 4th. I really quite like the look of its big daft sci-fi spaceships antics.

As for the customary live-action trailer, this one has fewer #celebs than usual but more #satire:

From this site

1. MOOncalF says:

CoD 4:MW was the last CoD I enjoyed playing. Why have I preordered this?!

2. Turkey says:

Welcome to the Jungle, I guess.

3. BobbyDylan says:

I actually Like the space setting. I’ve not bought a COD since MW3 (on a steam sale) but I might buy this if it reviews well.

4. Zankman says:

Jesus, what is with the 70GBs of storage required?

5. StAUG says:

These are celebrities?

Minsc_N_Boo says:

70 gb??? =:-o

That is crazy. I hope that included the remastered CoD.

7. Freud says:

Nerds in space! (echo)

8. Kollega says:

“There’s a Soldier in All of Us” plastered across a crazy sci-fi shootout in low Earth orbit honestly feels like self-parody at this point. And I wouldn’t exclude it actually being self-parody.

Nauallis says:

I betcha it’s the motto of a bordello somewhere

• Travistech says:

One of the strange things about Call of Duty is that it’s become pretty self-aware over its last few iterations. Obviously the zombie mode has always been an amusing source of self degradation and in-jokes, but Black Ops 3 and Advanced Warfare’s story modes both had a good bit of Last Action Hero type self-parody in it. I mean, Kevin Spacey is a scummy corporate dirtbag like we always see in those straight to tape VHS flicks that were usually riffs on Alien or Robocop, and he sells the heck out of it in Advanced Warfare.

9. xsikal says:

This looks like super silly fun, honestly. The change to a space setting may be enough to get me to buy a CoD game for the first time since Modern Warfare.

10. Det. Bullock says:

This reminds me that I should really change video card in a year or so. :/
    I don’t pay a Call of Duty since the second (I have World at War in my backlog) bu this is IN SPACE!!! so it is authomatically interesting, I hope they’ll let you use a joystick for the space battles.

11. Solidstate89 says:

That is a larger installation size than Grand Theft Auto V.

How the fuck is it larger than GTA V?

Comment on this story