What Are We All Playing This Weekend?

Ho ho ho! Merry Almosthalloween to one and all! I trust you’ll be getting spooky this weekend? Oh sure, Halloween isn’t until Monday but most of the spooky fun will be this weekend – I’m trying to squeeze in four or five spookshows myself. But, video games! Many Halloween events are going on this weekend and heck, I suppose you can even play non-spooky games. Here’s what we’re playing this weekend.

Adam: I’ll be stomping through Titanfall 2‘s campaign and then finding out just how many robot friends I can lose in multiplayer. If I enjoy the rest of my time with it as much as I’ve enjoyed the first couple of hours in singleplayer, this could be a very good weekend indeed.

Oh, and Football Manager. I’m playing the beta and just signed Icardi for £17.5m, which seems ludicrously cheap. Wondering if I’ll be able to get the same deal in 1.0.

Alec: I’m oddly tempted to play Battlefield One. I’m not quite sure why, given the modern military shooter tend to make me feel deeply uncomfortable and the singleplayer modes for the last few Battlefields were lunacy at best, but I’ve heard some positive chatter around and I’ve shot surprisingly few men in the head this year.
Alice: I’m tired and falling ill so, well, when I’m not out at spooky Halloween events, I’ll be on the sofa with Netflix. Season 3 of Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries has hit Netflix and I do so adore it – the show is basically Batman but with a charming 1920s flapper instead of sulky old Bruce Wayne. She has her own supercar, her own plane, an adopted orphan daughter – she’s Batman! And the Hotel season of American Horror Story is, as usual, near-unwatchable trash yet somehow gripping. So yes, Netflix and spinechill.
Brendan: This week I will scroll through my library of games in a daze of listless ennui, looking for something with a good story, that doesn’t require use of your brain, that uses a gamepad, that I haven’t played a thousand times or even once, that I can get lost in, and that doesn’t make me feel like playing it was an exercise in fruitlessly shedding hours away from my life like giant flakes of dandruff. Then I will give up and play Mini Metro on my phone.
Graham: I’m going to play Reigns, a choice-driven narrative game in which you swipe left or right to make binary decisions as King. Should you open a school to open the masses? Should you undertake a pilgrimage to the holy land? Should you help heal the sick in a time of plague or should you close the castle gates? These decisions combine to tell you the story and determine how long it takes for your people to usurp, exile or boil you. It’s a small, clever game – the best kind of game.
John: I shall be playing… NOTHING AT ALL!

My birthday present from my wife was a weekend away all to myself to sit in the middle of nowhere reading books and doing crosswords. And that is what I shall be doing, no matter how much this shit-bastard cold I’ve magically got just before leaving tries to ruin it.

Except of course I’ll still be playing games on my phone, and I’m taking my 3DS with me, and my laptop for, you know, just in case I need to play a PC game.

Philippa: [Pip is in That America for the League of Legends Galactic Champion Battleverse Rumble Royale Smash ‘Em Grab ‘Em Lane ‘Em Chain ‘Em Final Score Showdown Finale so, y’know, that’s what she will be up to.]

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

From this site

1. kwyjibo says:

I picked up Pony Island in the Steam Halloween sale because I wanted to magic away from all the Halloween spookiness into a world of charming ponies.

Played a bit of it yesterday, shame it’s more “interesting” than it is fun or engaging.

• Jaykera says:

I grew very suspicious when I hear or read the word “interesting” indeed.

• kwyjibo says:

It tries to be clever, and at times it’s successful. The Asmodeus section is fantastic. A lot of the game feels grindy though, particularly the bits that involve ponies.

2. dahools says:

Saw Witcher 3 at a price I am now happy with but felt too intimidated to buy it, I think the article written here has some merit to it.
    Not bought Civ VI yet, although I do think it is only a matter of time. So back to starbound and to still finish off that shadowrun hongkong. Thought I was on the last mission but not sure when its going to end now.

• Blackcompany says:

I have now lost interest in the Witcher 3 twice. Its just…too big. And the narrative, while well written (obligatory “for a video game” disclaimer here) is far from compelling. And that is not helped by its starting strong, and than…dwindling. Quickly. By the time you hit the major city, the missions are copy/pasted Skyrim drivel, and so are the vast majority of the characters, their motivations and their reasons for asking for your help.

Add to that the need to play the game’s story missions in the same order every playthrough (seriously, more games need to take a page from Dark Souls where story is concerned), the godawful leveled loot system (even Skyrim handles loot better) and the repetitive combat, and…yeah.

Good as the Witcher 3 was, the extreme levels of praise it earned say more about the terrible state of video game RPG’s than about the extreme, wondrous quality of this game. Raising the bar in this genre is like winning the high jump at a limbo competition.

• dahools says:

I’m sure I will enjoy it but like you I have so many games I drifted out of/ lost interest with to come back later. The larger the game the easier it happens for me and trying to pick back up where you left off with a couple of months or more gap is fustrating. Sign of the times now with real life taking priority over gaming for me. Leaves me looking for maximum enjoyment in minimum amount of time.

• Laurentius says:

“By the time you hit the major city, the missions are copy/pasted Skyrim drivel”

Ok I totally agree about atrociolus W3 leveling and loot system but this is simply bonkers. You must not have played Skyrim in long time as it is simply not true. You want to know why W3 got heap of priase? Here is why, because it is Skyrim ( which also got extrme levels of praise btw) with better quests. And you are right, W3 is not moving cRPG and inch forward, which is shame but simply nothing on the horizon that would that. Games are not played in empty vaccum.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

I’ve mentioned this before but W3’s missions are basically instead of “go kill 10 nekkers” (yes autocorrect, that is the word I’m trying to spell!) it’s “go investigate this farm, oh look there are 10 nekkers here.” It does a decent job of hiding the classic RPG quests with story but that very quickly becomes a curtain not fully closed. This wouldn’t be so bad if the combat was compelling but it just isn’t.

3. Jaykera says:

I’m back into “The Division”. (there was a big 1.4 update)
    I barely played after hitting max level but it’s now much more enjoyable (especially solo) with a lot to do in the streets, search and kill mission, named bad guys…
    They also reduced the time to kill and added a “world level” system like in a Diablo.
    And boy is it gorgeous !

• Blackcompany says:

Actually enjoying The Division as well, for the most part. It seems 1.4 made things harder, but all in all its a positive change. Very eager to explore world levels and such, but have a ways to go to 30 yet.

Qazinsky says:

And you can now get yellow and green items from pretty much anyone you fight, instead of just the last boss, so that is neat.

They also seem to have lowered the crafting cost, but since the loot is actually dropping now, I’m not sure it matters that much (unless you plan to pump out extended mags til you get the right stats on it, specific item with just the right stats, essentially).

4. Retinoo says:

Bit more Civ VI for me. Despite the diplomacy annoyances, I’m still drawn in by the early and mid-game game play. Having beaten it (Science) on Prince and King, I’m going for emperor.

I started a game with the Sychtians, they have a cool mechanic with their military AND they produce double cavalry, so I suspect I am going to be less peaceful this time round, especially since Germany and Rome are on either side of me and have already declared war.

I’m consciously going for a role-play style this time and trying standard speed, to see how that feels!

5. Agnosticus says:

Hoops in Rocket League! Yeah!

Also finishing Doom in Ultra Violence which is just about manageable for me with these partly horrible checkpoint locations.

And thinking about buying Titanfall 2…

6. Pich says:

I screwed up and deleted 3 weeks worth of progression in Dragon Age Inquisition. so i have to catch up.

7. Regicider 12.4% says:

Memberberries Skyrim.
    Exams next week. Joy.

• Gwalchmay says:

I ‘member!
      I’ll probably play Oxenfree (just bought it and started it, it’s really good for now). And some Diablo 3 (I’m doing a seasonal witch doctor, only character I never really used, and it’s funnier than i thought)

8. Mi-24 says:

Got witcher 3 and having quite a bit of fun with it (although you tend to level up so fast that suddenly quests you accepted 5 minutes ago yield 0 reward). Also reinstalling skyrim, this time with some mods to make it more survivally (link to rockpapershotgun.com)
    Also bought the evil within on green man gaming for £5, and I’ve already quit it in fear despite being 3 levels in.

9. Sandepande says:

Unmodded Skyrim SE. The Division.

10. A Wanderer says:

Wandering in my steam games list, I noticed that I haven’t played Saints Row 3 in a while, so here I am.
    I thought a bit about what I’m actually doing in-game, and it actually makes me feel very bad.
    Not because I’m killing people in different horrible ways, not because I’m involved in every illegal activity you can imagine. Saints Row is silly enough to make that feel fun, instead of GTA.

The real problem I have with the game is that the Saints aren’t really a street gang, nor they are even a mafia. They are a bloody corporation, with shops, advertisements, a CEO, an official HQ, and the same goes for the Syndicate. You are the member of a company that has rocket launchers, tanks, assault helicopters, a proto-military and is not only at war with other companies, but with the state, against the police and then the bloody army. A corporation that, in the end, can even take control of an entire major city and turn it into an independent nation.
    I am probably over-thinking this game a lot, but still. I just realized that.

keefybabe says:

Shadow Warrior 2 off the back of playing Shadow Warrior 1. Bad Wang jokes and mild racism ahoy!

12. Vacuity729 says:

I sympathise enormously with Brendan (and with John too, stupid cold!). My suggestion is to get a numbered list of games, and use an RNG on the web to select one for you, then you play for a minimum of, say, two hours and if you’re having fun, keep going. If you’re not, stop and reflect/rechoose. It works a charm for me, not least because often after playing two hours of one thing, I often have a much clearer idea which game I’d really much rather be playing!

Myself, I will be playing “beat the jetlag!” Waking up early and trying to get plenty of natural light are my plans. Assuming that doesn’t work out, I’ll probably be playing something brainless until the early hours, as I’m in no fit state to play anything taxing.

13. Blowfeld81 says:

I am going into a lot of Battlefield 1 Multiplayer.
    I did not really enjoy any shooter after Bad Company 2 and I really suck to put crosshairs above people, but when the enemy team starts raging in chat because they have driven over 3 landmines with a tank full of people: priceless!

Oh, and Stardew Valley. For when I need to gain some inner balance after being headshot way too often by 14 year olds with godlike reflexes and rooms directly next to EA’s servers :)

14. Pravin Lal's Nuclear Arsenal says:

I shopped a bit, picking up a lot of stuff in the sales, but…I kinda feel the craving for more Wang in my life. Which is silly, because I already finished the game twice and I really can’t be arsed to start over the third time, unless I hop into multiplayer mode and deal with *shudder* other people.

Tell you what, RPS comment section: if there’s someone here who wants to share a Wang and has a skin reaction every time some kid in a multiplayer game shouts in his mic, do whistle.

15. Vermintide says:

Well. I wanted to play Battlefield 1, because it was payday yesterday and that’s my treat for the month.

But it looks like my account has been hacked, so instead, I’m playing “sit on the phone to EA listening to their intolerable hold music because the call me back feature on their website is broken and oh god why”.

Frankly I would just say fuck it and register a new account, but I had god-damn premium Battlefield 4 and the last time I played it (over 6 months ago admittedly) I had just managed to bring my K/D into positive numbers…

• Agnosticus says:

If you want a positiv K/D, stop suiciding then!

• Vermintide says:

The trouble is, you see, I’m slightly rubbish at these things. I only started doing a bit better once I got the hang of sneaking around constantly staring at the minimap, spamming the spot key and using silencers on everything.

So far Battlefield One seems to be treating me better,; I always feel like I’ve done terribly, but then end up surprised to see myself somewhere around the “mediocre” tier of the scoreboard.

16. SooSiaal says:

I think most of my evening will be spent with titanfall 2,this afternoon i shall be playing fix the printer at my parents’ place…

17. Horg says:

”This week I will scroll through my library of games in a daze of listless ennui, looking for something with a good story, that doesn’t require use of your brain, that uses a gamepad, that I haven’t played a thousand times or even once, that I can get lost in, and that doesn’t make me feel like playing it was an exercise in fruitlessly shedding hours away from my life like giant flakes of dandruff.”

Having just got back from a physically and mentally intensive two weeks residential training course for my new job, this about sums it up. Sleeping On Your Keyboard Simulator is looking pretty tempting right about now : |

18. Solgarmr says:

Battlefield 1, maybe some Alien isolation along with lifting some weights and that game where you vote for congress, hoping the party of the 1% gets booted out.

19. Orix says:

Been taking a little break from PC games to give my old PS3 some love, got a back log on there as well, but thanks to the expense of playstation games, it’s not a rediculous amount.

I got the Sly Cooper and Jak & Daxter trilogies on the cheap, so I’ve tried the first game of both. J&D1 was short, bright and fun platformer/collect-a-thon with a spoonful of challenge, but didn’t really do it for me universe/character wise. Loved the semi-open world with linear segments design, all very Beyond Good and Evil like.

Sly1 on the other hand is more a puzzle platformer, which takes a bit more timing. The game looks a lot larger than J&D1, the characters, story and world all more interesting.

• Vermintide says:

The first Jak and Daxter is a highly underrated game when you consider how early of a release it was in the PS2’s lifespan. I can’t think of any earlier game that did such a seamless open-ended design, or such a slick art direction, and overall polished execution.

It’s one of those games where I would do that thing where you curl your fingers up and kiss the air like a fancy chef.

20. SBLux says:

Back to 80 Days for another trip around the world. The fact that it is regularly updated is great because it gives a good reason to keep going back and trying it again, searching out a new route. Only problem is I completed it in 41 days once when travelling over the North Pole and it seems almost impossible to ever beat that time.

particlese says:

I intended to play some VR games I’ve been putting off, but I’ve been doing apartment stuff while listening to the soundtracks to The Elder Scrolls 3-5, and now I’m in the mood to play some Skyrim. Not gonna bother with the SE for various reasons, but all the talk of it contributed to the choice of music today. Jeremy Soule really does create some phenomenal pieces.

22. zsd says:

Got Death Road to Canada this morning. The tutorial was charming and I’m looking forward to playing it when I get home later.

I’ve wrapped up quite a bit in gaming this week. Finished up Dishonored, finished my replay of Bioshock 2, and, umm…finally got the 160 fragment ending in Final Fantasy XIII-2, which was not a stunning disappointment and waste of time at all. Nope. It was great. The hours I put in to the slot machine minigame were totally worth it.

23. Someoldguy says:

It’s telling that none of the team mention Civ 6 after all trying it out for RPS. I’m sticking with it for a bit longer but the absence of railroads is really hurting the late game where you want to be able to produce builders, engineers or soldiers in your productive core and ship them to the underdeveloped frontier. Then when I get frustrated I’ll pretend my PC is a tablet and blow stuff up in Angry Birds Transformers, because my kid loves watching that.

AutonomyLost says:

Titanfall 2 and perhaps some Divinity: Original Sin EE.

25. elvirais says:

Euro Truck Simulator 2. I’m patiently waiting for American Truck Simulator to finish the massive rescale they’re undertaking… Patiently…aargh.

Lars Westergren says:

I’ve played Oxenfree this week, not finished it yet but it’s fantastic so far. Also Age of Decadence, which I really really like. And Dota 2, the game I [hate to love |love to hate].

27. Zenicetus says:

I’ll be finishing co-op game of Divinity Original Sin EE (we’ve reached the final battle), and then I need to find another co-op game my wife and I can play while waiting for #2 to be released. Maybe Torchlight 2, which I’ve done a bit in singleplayer.

Also some Stellaris, if I can work around frustrations with the idiot sector AI. Maybe just mod it out for now.

28. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Dark Souls 3 still, here. Just making my way through the Dungeons of Irithyll so that ticks the spooky box. It’s really rather good, isn’t it, some of the locations are From’s finest work, I feel. Twisty, snakey loveliness. And I’ve now butted up against a couple of nigh impossible bosses so the difficulties still there too. S’why I’m heading down through the dungeon, all other routes are blocked by bastards at the mo. Bastards.

• fish99 says:

Depending on your build, the Pontiff can be extremely tough. As a 2-hand dex build, I found him harder than OnS. As a pyro though, he just melted under a rain of great chaos fireballs.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

There were quite a few bosses near the end where I just summoned to get through with them. Pontiff was one of them and I actually found myself having a lot more fun playing co-op as when you were aggroed you could just concentrate on blocking and dodging. I always made a rule for myself though that if I got help from someone else I would help another before moving on. I ended up doing the big skeleton with the bangles probably 50 times. Tis a grand grinding space and a pretty fun boss. Same with the deacons.

• A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

I found him a bit too gimmicky, personally. But yeah, the deacons is great fun. Get a big sword and slash slash slash!

• A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Yeah, exactly. Dex build here, mostly one handed with a shield. He’s parryable I discovered, but I am a terrible parryer. Am contemplating a summon, but will give it a couple more goes. I can get to the second phase pretty consistently now but it’s so hard to land a hit without one of the bastards bastarding you. Argh.

• Kingseeker Camargo says:

As with quite a few other bosses, Sully’s second stage is actually easier than the first one, since he’s much less aggressive if you keep your distance. He can still be a prick, mind, but he’ll mostly resort to two ranged spells (both of which are easy to avoid) and two gap-covering melee strikes (both easy to avoid, especially with his twin ghost spoiling them beforehand, and both with a cooldown long enough to land a hit or two of your own).

You don’t want to stand close to him (them) for too long, though, because he’ll (they’ll) quickly freak out and start with the chained attacks and it can get really messy really fast.

29. CartonofMilk says:

Mafia III

I’m a bit meh on a lot of it but mostly, if it was save anywhere load anywhere or at least if it had even half decent autosaving i’d like it a lot more.

Still though i can’t believe it’s their 3rd mafia game and they STILL haven’t learned that if you’re gonna bother building such a great looking and immersive world you might want to give us something to do in it other than shoot people and drive cars. It’s unbelievable how much the GTA genre has stagnated (including GTA itself, i was very underwhelmed with GTA V mostly because i felt i’d done it all before)

You know the last great GTA style game i played? I have to go all the way back to The Saboteur. This game did things differently. It was like GTA meets AC meets Hitman (lite) meets Just Cause and it was a lot better than all reviews had led me to believe. It’s a shame the devs went under just months after release. This should be a successful franchise by now.

• Zenicetus says:

The autosave doesn’t help the game any, that’s for sure. Checkpoints are too far apart. I was playing it off and on just for the atmosphere, but having to repeat the start of a mission by DRIVING AGAIN to the location finally had me shelving it.

The main turn-off for me was how repetitive the missions were. Whistle to draw one (always just one!) bad guy, stealth kill, rinse and repeat. Then open fire when that gets boring. But a save-on-demand might have kept me playing it a bit longer.

• malkav11 says:

I don’t think it’s that they haven’t learned. I think they just aren’t trying to do that. Or at least, I would have said that up until Mafia 3, but that does apparently have a lot of open world side nonsense, just not very creative. But Mafia and Mafia II are, like LA Noire, games where the open world is a backdrop/context for a linear narrative. The openness isn’t there for gameplay freedom, it’s for mood and feel. I think that’s frankly a more sensible take than most of these games, which I’m inevitably mostly playing for the story missions anyway, but which ask me to put up with a bunch of dull padding along the way. (I do end up doing it, a lot of the time, because I have completionist tendencies and like achievements and whatnot, but it’s a distraction from what’s interesting.)

30. malkav11 says:

Mostly? Waiting to see if the offer I put in on a house yesterday is accepted, possibly with negotiation over details of same. As such, I probably shouldn’t play anything I can’t put on hold at a moment’s notice, so I’ll probably stick to things like Hex: Shards of Fate (still need those holiday cards) or DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder, which I have abruptly gotten sucked into in recent days, what with it now being on Steam and all.

I do want to get some things done in WoW but that will have to be more of an evening/tomorrow thing, probably.

31. anHorse says:

I’m going to try and learn either Elona or Dwarf Fortress

Wish me luck

32. geldonyetich says:

Game Backlog 2016 is going strong, well before the Christmas sales have me well and truly mired down.

* Skyrim: Enhanced Edition – I put off completing the main campaign on this game for long enough.
    * Civilization VI – It never truly ends. Until the content gets samey. Then it ends.
    * Factorio – I am nearing beating it for the first time.
    * Rimworld – Great little narrative simulator.

Above all, I am playing there is simply not enough free time. I should really schedule a vacation or something.

Thulsa Hex says:

I’m caught between a few different things. I finally went back to The Evil Within, after starting it a year ago. I’d stopped playing at the time because life got a bit stressful, and I wasn’t able to properly enjoy a stressful horror game as a result. It’s good, though!

I think I’m nearing the end of (the seemingly-infinite) Persona 3 FES. It’s my first Persona game, and I’m enjoying it a lot, but I’m looking forward to finishing it. I want to move on to Silent Hill 2, next. Haven’t played that before, either, and really looking forward to it.

At the same time, I’m feeling guilty for neglecting my Cities: Skylines duties, wondering if I should get back to Pokémon X before Sun and Moon come out, and trying really hard not to succumb to Civ VI or Titanfall 2 hype.

34. kelmorg says:

i’m playing a Wurrzag campaign in TW:Warhammer. A couple of missions in Space Hulk Ascension. A few runs in Vermintide and a bit of space trucking in Elite Dangerous. A couple of hours on each of those.

35. TheAngriestHobo says:

I’ve been playing Oh… Sir! The Insult Simulator, and your mother poses nude for your math teacher and your country secretly adores the Nazis.

36. fish99 says:

Probably try to finish the Dark Souls 3 DLC. First boss was straight forward, but I’ve heard the last is a bitch. We’ll see about that…

I did start Skyrim SE, but I may have played it through too recently to do all that again right now.

37. Sorbicol says:

Stellaris with all the DLC. This is such an odd game – it’s got the best exploratory phase of any 4x game I’ve ever played, yet by the time you reach the late mid game, you’re effectively done for that game.

There is still a lot of potential there but to be honest, I can’t help feeling they missed a lot of issues with the Henlein patch while adding a lot of content that wasn’t quite essential. Still got me playing until 2am though.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

I have to go take a food handler’s course tomorrow so I won’t have much time to play games then.

For Monday I bought Layers of Fear for some fun haunted housing. Looking forward to it as I’ve wanted the game for a while. Might have a go at the final Hitman level as well but we’ll see.

Maybe some more GoNNER? It’s getting to the point where the first couple levels are repetitive and the frustration is starting to set in.

39. SaintAn says:

Stellaris. Though I’m getting bored of my first game because I got an Awoken Empire in my Federation early on and now my Federation is incredibly OP to the point where it’s not fun to play. We shattered one of the four FE and annexed another, and the fourth FE is friendly to me. We’re too strong and all I usually do is just build up my science while waiting for something to happen. Still absolutely love the game though. Definitely one of my favorites. Considering rolling a new game because I really want a AI robot rebellion to happen because I’m really into AI’s, but I made them citizens in my current game and can’t go back and reload because it’s Ironman mode.

Also finishing up getting all the Halloween event items in Overwatch. Got everything but the Hanzo zombie skin, a few spray’s, Mercy and Genji’s RIP grave things, maybe a few emotes and voice lines, and need to get the poster spray’s from the event Brawl.

Thinking of playing Bully up until the Halloween part and maybe System Shock 2 too. Synths in Stellaris also make me want to play Mass Effect 2 & 3 and Fallout 4 even though I hate the Mass Effect sequels and really really really hate Fallout 4. Busy busy.

40. Rackam says:

I’ve been playing WoW: Legion since it launched. I’ve found it to be surprisingly good again. They found some of that missing MMO flavor. I mean it’s still an MMO and still WoW. If you never liked it before you won’t now. But surprisingly good all the same.

That said I was so deep in the rabbit hole I didn’t even realize Titanfall 2 was out. I loved the first one so I might have to break away from WoW to check it out. Especially being that early on is the best time to get into shooters before everyone gets good.

• SaintAn says:

WoW isn’t an MMO by definition anymore since they added the phasing in Legion. And what do you mean by MMO flavor? Most of what they added in Legion doesn’t make sense in an MMO because it’s chosen one nonsense. Think you’re high on hype.

41. RobbieTrout says:

I picked up “Sentinel: Descendants in Time” cheap on eBay and, being in the mood for something Myst/Rhem-like, started on that the other day. Feeling rather underwhelmed.

It’s not very well designed, padded out with far too much unnecessary walking back and forth — in 3D which makes me severely motion-sick. The puzzles are jawbreakingly hard for the most part, but at the same time not very engaging, so I might not bother to stick with it (or I might start looking at walkthroughs). However, I have managed to get through one “domain” and have a reasonable grasp of what I’m supposed to be doing in another one.

42. Perkelnik says:

Finally got to play Quantum Break. It is awesome, best game of the year so far.

43. Bobtree says:

Titanfall 2, and Brigador from the Steam sale. Mech weekend!

44. Crossbones says:

I bought SuperHot for $15. I enjoyed it, oddly enough for me the best part was tossing weapons and punching the daylights out of the red guys, the time mechanic was just an avenue to allow me to do so. Really short though.

Harlander says:

I’ve been frustrating myself with Finnish rural alcoholism simulator My Summer Car. I’ve got the engine built and installed, now I have to head into town to get some oil and stuff so I can start it and watch it immediately burst into flames.

46. rahji says:

After completing Final Fantasy 13 I don’t really know. Maybe game of thrones? Or Rayman Origins? Or Child of Light? I will figure it out. And while i figure it out I play Hearthstone.

47. abobo says:

There are a pair of worthy humble bundles available at the moment. Having picked them up, I’ll likely be taking breaks from the Dark Souls 3 dlc to play Odallus: The Dark Call, and perhaps give Titan Souls a go.

48. Gomer_Pyle says:

Are you me, Brendan?

49. Karyogon says:

Playing (all of the) the last bits of DXMD, and if there’s time spare I have no idea what else.

Big Dunc says:

I just got Zubmariner for Sunless Sea, so in the words of OMD, I’ll be back Zailing on the Zeven Zees. But this time I’m using manual saves because life is too short and there are too many other games demanding mh attention.

• Chris D says:

The secret of Sunless Sea is that if you rage quit out after dying because of bullshit reasons that were totally not your fault anyway then it doesn’t save at that point and the next time you reload you can go back to your previous save.

Ok, manual saving is still more convenient but this way you get to maintain a comforting layer of self-delusion.

Comment on this story