Dishonored 2 System Requirements Sneak In

We’re barrelling towards the end of the year, which means – oh gosh! – we’re ten days from Dishonored 2 [official site]. Publishers Bethesda today announced that Arkane’s supernatural stealth-o-action game has “gone gold”, which is a technical industry term for the dev team being allowed a 5-minute toilet break for a wee (to ‘go gold’) before they return to their desks and start on the first patch. This also means enough is locked in to announce system requirements and gab about graphics options. Onwards!

Voila, your system requirements:

Minimum:

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit versions); Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
8 GB RAM; 60 GB free HDD space; Nvidia GTX 660 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB or better

Recommended:

Windows 10 (64-bit versions); Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-8350 or better
16 GB RAM; 60 GB free HDD space; Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB or better

As for graphics options, expect things like an uncapped framerate, an adjustable field of view, borderless window mode, adaptive resolution, and support for Nvidia features including HBAO+, TXAA, and Ansel.

If you’re one of those pre-ordering types, you renegade you, you can start preloading it on Tuesday, November 8th. Not that we condone pre-ordering, of course. Especially given Bethesda’s funny new policy of only sending out review copies one day before launch. Sure, all we’ve seen – and played – of Dishonored 2 has been ace, but that’s limited preview builds in controlled circumstances. Who knows if the actual finished game will be wonked out? We’ll let you know as soon after launch as we humanly can if there are any issues to be aware of before you buy. Don’t pre-order.

[Disclosure: Cara Ellison, a former RPS columnist and my very own dear flatmate, wrote a bit for Dishonored 2. I don’t know quite what she wrote but I will keep an ear out for NPC conversations complaining about flatmates who leave piles of whisky bottles around the place and trail in sand from the sea.]

From this site

AutonomyLost says:

I pre-ordered.

And those recommended requirements seem steep for some reason…?

ANYWHO, I’m quite looking forward to playing this upon release. Thanks for the info, Alice.

• Carra says:

Yeah, needing a card that’s 3 months old for the recommended setting seems quite heavy. Good thing I bought that card three months ago :)

• Baines says:

To be fair, a 1060 is a lower end new card, and roughly equivalent to the old higher end cards. At least it isn’t like it is recommending a 1080…

• Zmobie says:

I believe AutonomyLost meant the cpu and maybe memory recommendations. That stood out to me at least.

2. liquidsoap89 says:

That Ansel is so hot right now!

keefybabe says:

The real question is will NPCs interrupt heartfelt speeches from other NPCs with an emotionally cold, “yes, I believe so”?

Dorga says:

Indeed, I believe so.

• Darth Gangrel says:

Perhaps we’ll now have Cara adding lines like:
        “Shall we gather for whiskey bottle piles and trail in sand from the sea tonight?”
        “Very likely!”

Necessary addendum: in Dishonored 2 you can adjust rat and bloodfly shadows, yay!

4. Joe The Wizard says:

Oh man, I am starting to see things that resemble my computer specs in the recommended spec for games coming out and, for some stupid reason, it’s stressing me out? Guess I’ll have to build a smoking Kaby Lake box next year.

• GenialityOfEvil says:

Kaby Lake is almost a null-improvement on Skylake. They’re not changing the architecture or the die process, all of the improvements are internal and could be added to Skylake through bios updates. They’re choosing not to. If you’re upgrading, just go with an i7 6700k or wait till 2018/9.

5. Laurentius says:

60 GB HDD, what?

Will it be more like DeusEx? Hubs with talking and stuff? I would love it being more cRPG.

6. ZIGS says:

Mankind Divided also recommends 16GB of RAM but I can play it fine with just 8GB if I close the web browser. Hopefully this trick will also work with Dishonored 2

7. Glentoran says:

60gb HDD and a 6GB 1060 seems particularly steep.

• Henas says:

Aye, 60GB is rather large. Cannot recall the last game I installed to my SSD for this reason.

Probably a big whopping preload too.

• Pizzzahut says:

The 1060’s are (very) entry level gaming cards. I don’t see it as odd that it’s the recommended.

• RaoulDuke says:

I don’t think the 1060 6GB is “very entry level” It’s 10% faster than a 970 and has an extra 2GB of VRAM.

link to gpu.userbenchmark.com

The prices on here seem pretty accurate as well, I think “very entry level” is more like £75-£125, not £230@~.

• Pizzzahut says:

Okay. I take that back. They’re the gaming card of choice, if you game at 800×600.

• inspiredhandle says:

970 owner here. Starting to sweat a bit looking at recent system requirements. I think I’ll be ok so long as I continue to think 1080p resolution at 60fps is the best thing ever.

Andy_Panthro says:

I am only a little above the minimum requirements… I should still be able to play it I hope (provided it’s good, but I’ll have to wait a while for the reviews). I could run Mankind Divided, but had to turn stuff off/lower, so hopefully this won’t need anything more than that did.

• Darth Gangrel says:

I bought a PC in May for the sole reason of being able to run The Witcher 3 decently and I expect that it’ll be a good while before most big games need significantly more power than that one.

9. Darkmessage says:

I love how every developer nowadays just states 16GB RAM as recommended.

Newsflash: Your game won’t use 16GB! And if it does, it’s optimised pretty crappy…

10. Slapps says:

Im kinda nervous if my computer can run this since I have preordered Dishonored 2 before the system requirements came out. Can someone tell me if these are suitable?

Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 960
    Processor:Intel Core i7 – 6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
    Memory:16.384 Gb RAM
    Storage: 2 TB Space
    Thanks to whoever can tell me :D

11. Slapps says:

Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 960
    Processor:Intel Core i7 – 6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
    Memory:16.384 Gb RAM
    Storage: 2 TB Space

• Whelp says:

Your card is decent and your CPU is monstrously overpriced powerful, so if it doesn’t run well it’s Arkham Knight all over again.

Comment on this story