Little Big Adventure 2 Free In GOG Autumn Sale

With Halloween sales so very far behind us, it’s time for the next seasonal gaming bargainorama: autumn! GOG today launched their Monstrous Fall Sale, bringing ten days of cheap video games. They’re kicking off with a freebie too: until Saturday morning, you can nab Little Big Adventure 2 for free for keepsies.

I would very much like digital stores to hold Guy Fawkes Night sales, celebrating how cool explosions are. You know: Just Cause 3, Red Faction Guerilla, and any game with a nice ploofy single-shot grenade launcher.

Perhaps another time! For now, the Monstrous Fall Sale has a load of games on sale cheap. You’ll find The Witcher 3 for £12.49, FTL for £2.09, UnderRail for £6.19, Spelunky for £1.89, F.E.A.R. for £2.09, Stardew Valley for £8.19, and plenty more discounts on fine games. Do shout out your own recommendations ↓ in the comments, praising whatever I’m overlooking.

GOG plan to add more discounts daily over the course of the sale, which runs until November 13th at 12pm CET.

If you’ve missed badges and guff from old Steam sales, hey, GOG has plenty of that. Checking in, buying games, and participating in livestreams will get you XP towards unlock free games. Expeditions: Conquistador (here’s Wot Adam Thought of it), Dex (our peek at it during early access), and Victor Vran (Wot John Thought) are up for grabs.

From this site

Harlander says:

LBA2 had been my favourite game for a long while. It’s really quite delightful, though its graphics haven’t aged superbly.

2. dystome says:

Man, it’s quiet in here. I guess everyone’s still struggling to escape from the Rimworld Big Ball of Violence.

Anyway, this promotion has officially worked on me. I shall spend some time working out my old GOG login for the sake of free LBA2.

3. Michael Fogg says:

I loved the early game open world, then the same world under alien military occupation. But the final third on an alien planet wasn’t quite on the same level.

• Cropduster says:

I thought the alien planet was pretty amazing, a sea made of gas full of serpentine monsters, and a magma-ey underworld beneath that, where the underclasses dwell… was pretty mazing to suddenly be on a fully realized alien planet in some 1990s pc game.

LBA2 was the first PC game I ever played. Loved it to pieces and still do. definitely worth a go if you haven’t played it.

4. Pravin Lal's Nuclear Arsenal says:

Well now. That’s…that’s a lot of stuff on sale. I really don’t need it though. Ok, maybe Gettysburg for 3€? Might as well add Sir, you are being hunted, so I can round up the number. Oh, that reminds me, I should try Xenonauts, apparently it’s really good. Let’s see, that would be OH GOD NEW OFFERS TOMORROW PLEASE MAKE IT STOP KILL ME NOW.

5. CurseYouAll says:

LBA2 is awesome, one of the most memorable adventure games I’ve ever played. I think I still have the original CD (with CD-Audio music!) somewhere around :)

6. Unsheep says:

Some sale recommendations you say ? well:
    – Rebel Galaxy €7 … casual and cool space shooter
    – Inquisitor €2 … a cRPG that’s really, really difficult
    – Dark Fall 3: Lost Souls €2 … Myst-puzzle horror game
    – Conquest: Frontier Wars €1 … simply a great Space RTS
    – 7th Legion €1… quirky RTS, it’s odd but I like it
    – Syberia 1-2 €2 each … great art work
    – Haegemonia Gold €2 … continued where Homeworld left off

Those would be my picks from the sale.

Nauallis says:

MOO1&2, for about $3, or 2-3 European Fun Coins.

8. Hmm-Hmm. says:

Yoinked 80 days, Hand of Fate, Risk of Rain, Serpent in the Staglands and Super Time Force Ultra. That was.. what.. 25 euros?

That also netted me the three games you can earn, Dex being the most notable for me.

9. Unsheep says:

Complete missed to put Age of Wonders on my list (me dumb):

Age of Wonders €1 … old, charming, very punishing
    Age of Wonders 2 €2 … easier, more options
    Age of Wonders Shadow Magic €2 … beautiful design (in every way)

These games are difficult to get into since they are toughest at the start of the game in my experience; early on is where you are most likely to loose the game.
    So ‘think, strategize, win’ – Jeff Green.

Comment on this story