Bit early: GOG launches Black Friday sale

Black Friday starts earlier every year, I swear. Commercialisation has ruined this heartwarming American family holiday. Black Friday, I’m sure you know, is named after the wide-brimmed black cockel hats the Founding Dads wore to conceal their identities as they shoved for cheap Big Bang Theory DVD box sets. We’ve already looked a lot of Black Friday hardware and game deals and now GOG have kicked off their own sale too. It doesn’t have many monster savings but you will find discounts on games including Shadow Warrior 2, Bloodlines, Kerbal Space Program, and Inside.

Head on over to the GOG front page and you’ll find 25% off Shadow Warrior 2 (read Wot Adam Thought of it), 25% off the skullmade Inside, loads of Wadjet’s adventure games (here’s what we thought of Shardlight, Technobabylon, Primordia, Resonance), the ace S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s.es.’s. and other GSC games for a couple quid each, super cheap Frozenbyte games including the lovely Trine, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines for £4 (will we ever stop going on about it all the dang time?), and more.

GOG’s Black Friday sale will run until Sunday night.

Keep your eyes on RPS for more Black Friday savings and our hottest tips for Cyber Monday, the traditional American celebration of cracking one off while you pretend to be a cowboy on AOL Instant Messenger.

From this site

phuzz says:

As far as I can tell, every UK retailer has given up on the traditional January sales, and instead has a ‘black Friday’ sale. Bloody yanks, making stuff cheaper :p

2. phreddo says:

Can anyone tell me what game that screenshot comes from?

3. Rince says:

I think that the screenshot is from Shadow Warrior 2.

4. Unsheep says:

My personal pick would be:

* Cossacks I + II … tactical big-army combat
    * Heroes of Annihilated Empires … RTS + RPG mix, think AoW and HoMM
    * American Conquest … big-army RTS, multiple campaigns
    * Uprising 1 & 2 … strategy FPS mech game, cool sci-fi
    * Pajama Sam Vol.1 & 2 … some nice and charming Adventuring
    * Deadlock 1 & 2 … awesome epic sci-fi strategy
    * F-117 Nighthawk … tense atmosphere, stealth combat
    * Sword of the Samurai … history, culture, strategy
    * Falcon Collection … can use keyboard, many difficulty options to suit everyone
    * Sanitarium … classic adventure, a surreal feast
    * Silent Service I & II … stealthy technical tactics
    * Rex Nebular … cool, bizarre, unique
    * Requiem: Avenging Angel … a good sci-fi FPS

Everything by Wadjet Eye is worth buying.

Oh ‘yes’, and of-course the Stalker series.

5. kud13 says:

But… they just had a sale like, 2 weeks ago!

Well, I checked my wishlist (only thing on sale is Lords of Xulima, since by now I gave up trying to get my Kickstarter copy from the devs)

Although I may grab Cossacks 3.

• welverin says:

That seems to be about how long they can go without a sale now. It will be two to three weeks before the Christmas sale starts.

6. geldonyetich says:

Pshaw, 25% off is no sale. I don’t get interested until that number hits 50%. Granted, it’s easy to have that position when a glut of past Steam sale purchases goes unplayed…

• fables22 says:

There’s deffo a few games up for grabs for a bit more than 25%…or even 50%…or even 75%…or even….:)

• Shuck says:

Given the size of my unplayed Steam queue, sales have to hit at least 75% for me to be interested. And even then, looking at my Steam list will usually dissuade me.

7. RimeOfTheMentalTraveller says:

Haven’t visited RPS in a while and I can’t help but notice the lack of capitals in the headlines and the much drabber nature of the headlines themselves compared to when I last visited a month ago. What happened? I loved Alice and the others’ punny titles and jokes. :/

Comment on this story