Bricky bobbies: LEGO City Undercover coming to PC

LEGO City Undercover [official site] is finally on its way to PC, having been banged up on Nintendo’s Wii U since 2013. It’s the LEGO game I’ve wanted most in yonks, an open-world ‘Grand Theft Auto for kiddywinkles’ sort of dealio parodying ’70s cop movies and TV shows. Expect gangs of punks, big boxes of donuts, deep cop funk, and villains with names like Rex Fury. I heard good things about it and I’ll be keen to see myself when the game swings by our way in spring 2017.

Undercover stars Chase McCain, a heroic plastic cop who goes undercover to bust the dastardly Rex Fury. Along with story missions, it has an open crimeworld to roam. I do like how his fighting moves have all the bombast and ineptness of TV stuntcops. Our pals at Eurogamer will tell you it’s a cracking game.

Warner Bros. announced a Steam PC released yesterday with a wee tweet which didn’t say much. The LEGO gang mentioned that it’s “remastered”, though I’m not expecting a huge overhaul. The LEGO games all look like plastiworlds anyway. I do wonder how they’ll rework the bits made for the Wii U tablet controller.

Here’s an old trailer from the Wii U version:

Ah, no, I- I can’t stand it. I didn’t plan this but here we go:

From this site

Top comments

1. elder_pegasus says:

Can thoroughly recommend this - it's genuinely funny, possibly more so than the "franchise" lego games as it has such a blank slate. It also ticks the "kid safe GTA" box. Would assume the annoying load times would go away on move to PC as well.
  1. elder_pegasus says:

Can thoroughly recommend this – it’s genuinely funny, possibly more so than the “franchise” lego games as it has such a blank slate. It also ticks the “kid safe GTA” box. Would assume the annoying load times would go away on move to PC as well.

2. Kefren says:

The second video looks like a far better game than the first, I’d buy that. Loved the soundtrack too.

3. Haxton Fale says:

It might just be me, but I can’t see a reference to Steam in the linked tweet? I suppose you should’ve linked the actual response

• Alice O'Connor says:

Not really. It’s a minor detail that doesn’t really need a link to the source.

• ablindpoet says:

It’s frustrating when you don’t link the source material. I believe it’s very important that you should have linked to the actual twitter response related to your article about the PC release for this game. I’d call that lazy journalism. It’s not a minor detail at all. You are reporting on the PC release and the link you provided only advertised a console release. It’s also weird that LEGO left out that it was coming to PC in their tweet and you have to dig for the PC reveal in the responses.

4. Neurotic says:

Thank you for the compulsory Stop-and-Listen to ‘Sabotage’, I needed that! (Also, game looks great! As a LEGO connoisseur, I cannae wait for this one!)

Comment on this story