The Walking Dead: A New Frontier will start with 2 eps

The third season of Telltale’s The Walking Dead is coming soon, and it’ll be premiering with two episodes instead of the usual one. The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – A New Frontier [official site] will continue to follow Clementine, who featured prominently in season one, and was the main character of season two.

New to Telltale’s The Walking Dead is Javier. Javier is a young Spanish man who only wants to keep his family safe, but in a world inhabited by the living dead that’s easier said than done. Javier and Clementine’s fates will intertwine, and choices from the past can come back to help or haunt you. I reckon there’ll be quite a bit of haunting going on.

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier is meant to be enjoyed by both those who are new to Telltale’s The Walking Dead and those that have played the first two seasons. Players new to the story can play using a pre-configured string of choices from the past, and if you’ve played either or both of seasons one and two you can either configure your backstory yourself or import previous save files.

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier will start December 20 on Steam and other digital retailers. You can get it now on Steam for £17.09/20,69€/$22.49 which is 10% of MSRP.

From this site

1. w0bbl3r says:

Nice how they made her sound a little older in this.
    Not exactly sure about having her as a hormone-raging teen girl now though. Because they are surely going to go for the whole teen love story nonsense, which will not be good at all.

And to do a story like that realistically, they have to do what my friend says about most teen girls, which is “dick in, brains out”, meaning she would meet some douchebag teen boy, fall madly in “love” with him, and then do ridiculous things just to be around him, regardless of how much of a moronic little turd he might be.

• Comintern1919 says:

Well, you are generalizing here pretty ugly. Not every teenager is the same. People are different. Not everyone will have the same experience you and the people you know had.

I didn’t have my first Girlfriend until I was 18, my Girlfriend didn’t have her first boyfriend (not me, sadly ;) ) until she was 16. I knew and know a lot of teenager that aren’t some kind of hormone driven idiots. Also, Clem didn’t really have a real childhood due to the Zombie Apocalypse, you really think she would realistically act like a real world teenager? Nonsense.

• Booker says:

It’s also much more interesting to see a post-apocalyptic Clementine, instead of the rehash of the thing we know all too well from a gazillion other things.

• mpk says:

@w0bbl3r

From your comment I’m going to assume that you and you friend are both in your early teens. It’s the only explanation for the ignorance evident in the phrase “dick in, brains out”.

• GunnerMcCaffrey says:

I cringe for the girls in your life. Or maybe there aren’t really any, right now, hence the sexist generalizations? That’s alright, no judgement on that if so. Honest suggestion: Consider seeing them as complex unique human beings (just like you!) and you may find you benefit just as much as they.

And get better friends if you can.

• anonzp says:

you and the other comments, holy shit. the guy wasn’t talking about his love life, or real life, but the fact that the examples he listed are what happens in many video games, movies, and tv shows.

• GunnerMcCaffrey says:

Eh, make an obscene generalization about (actual, real life) girls, people are going to make guesses about (actual, real life) you.

And unless you think people express opinions on the internet in order to cultivate solitude and quiet contemplation, replies seem par for the course, no?

2. mpk says:

In two minds with this one – I’d place the first season high on my list of best games of 2013 (for that is when I played it), while the second one is a lot lower down.

I got pretty bored, pretty quickly, of the Telltale style, to the extent that I never got past episode two of Tales from the Borderlands. It’s pretty evident that – just as with Mass Effect – there’s a core storyline that will always be followed, regardless of the choices you make during the game, something that was even more strongly evident in season 2.

There’s also zombie fatigue. I’m bored of zombies now, and bored of the bleak view of humanity presented by The Walking Dead across all of media. Let’s do something different for a change, huh?

3. Coming Second says:

Not sure if I can be arsed with this. Whilst the first season felt like it hung together really well and was deeply affecting as a result, the second felt all over the place and ultimately left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth.

When Telltale hit the mark, as they did with TWAU and Borderlands, they tell a rollicking good tale that you feel a part of. Too often recently it’s all been a rather cynical rehashing of the formula with no central conceit to justify it.

• TheAngriestHobo says:

Ever since The Wolf Among Us, the central conceit has been cashing in on the biggest fad in pop culture and then moving on to the next.

• Booker says:

Well if you want to see it this way, that’s what they’ve always done then. Their first games were Sam & Max and Monkey Island. Sort of sequels to beloved classic adventures. It’s just that the “value” of IPs they were allowed to use, increased over time. That’s how they eventually ended up with Walking Dead, Batman and Game of Thrones.

4. Booker says:

So we are not playing as Clem this time? But instead we’ll be this new guy no one cares about (yet)? This doesn’t inspire joy in me.

It’s kinda funny, I’m not into zombies and the 10+ year old graphic engine (they do know that Unreal 4 is for “free” now, right?!?) and all that same-same Telltale stands for (for years now) is really increasingly antagonizing me, but for some weird-ass reason I really like Clem. Although, at some point, they’ll just kill her off too, so far I’d still like to know what’s happening to her. It’s really the single draw of this Walking Dead series to me. I don’t even watch the TV show of the same name.