What are we all playing this weekend?

Hello again! I missed you all last weekend. What were you playing? We’ll never know. Millennia from now, alien explorers will scan our tomb world’s data archives to recreate our society but this one absence will collapse their model. Their flawed simulation will show us as twisted monsters dragging ourselves along with our heads. So much for our virtuaresurrection. But even if all is lost, hey, there’s no harm in asking: what are you playing this weekend? Whistle as the ship goes down.

Adam: Dipping into the Bethesda pinball pack has sent me straight back on a flippin’ binge, catching up on all of the tables I’ve missed over the months in both Pinball FX2 and The Pinball Arcade. The latter in particular, which recreates real life tables, has a LOAD of stuff I want to play for nostalgia’s sake, and plenty I’ve never heard of. Look at this skeleton-smashing beauty!
Alec: I’m going to play Pokeymans on Nintendo 3DS, because I feel I need to pretend I live in a world that simple and innocent. Wanna make something of it?
Alice: With the new expansion due in a few weeks, I’m so into The Binding of Isaac again. I’m up to 232 of 276 secrets, have finally finished my Keeper unlocks, and am hopeful I’ll reach Godhead soon. I’ve started Netflixing on my second screen while playing too, mostly watching far too many awful murderfilms I shouldn’t see while Cara is away. Crying babies, whisky, and women getting stabbed to death in their homes. Good times.
Brendan: Of all the things I’ve covered this week, Sethian looks the most interesting. But it also looks like it requires some severe mental squinting. You’re translating a whole extraterrestrial language, after all. We’ve also been saying good things about Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, so maybe I’ll give that a gander. I also have to play the less fun games of Paying Rent and Saturday Big Shop.
Graham: I’m likely not going to play any games this weekend, because frankly who has the time anymore, but if I do manage to carve out a few seconds and if my some miracle I don’t want to spend it staring gently into the middle distance, then I will probably try to start on Dishonored 2. I asked Adam which game I should play before the year is done and this was his answer, and so it shall be.
John: I shall be playing Picross 3D 2, because BLOODY HELL it’s brilliant. It came out in America in 1673, but finally made it to the UK shores this week, and good crikey if they haven’t made their amazing puzzle game even better by making it even more difficult. Completely in love, going to hide in a bathroom so my family can’t find me and stop me from playing.
Philippa: [Pip has been on holiday this week and, as such, is not required to submit the 64-page RPS Weekend Activities Report.]

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

1. Eight Rooks says:

Finished my first playthrough of Dishonored 2 the other day (Emily, low chaos, Clean Hands, just missed Shadow by one detection) and even just four missions into Shadow Tactics I feel pretty confident about saying if you must play just one stealth game that came out this year, make it the one with ninjas. Dishonored 2 is certainly very good, but in no way is it essential.

2. bandertroll says:

Maybe some Civ 6 trying, i-cannot-waiting of expansion for BoI, Rocket League, Dota and, I hope, some time for learning CK2 in tutorials.

3. Herzog says:

Reflex
    Rocketjumping is still the best form of movement in FPS. Also air rockets. And flick shots with bolt rifle. And pushing it to the limit with the ion cannon.

Quake
    Finishing up Arcane Dimensions. Two levels left. But on the other hand the 1.5 update dropped this week. So maybe halfway through.

Spelunky
    Addicted achievement still missing. Might as well play daily challenges for the next three months.

• Spacewalk says:

I’ve been doing AD 1.5 too and it’s ace. Terror Fuma ended up being my favourite of the new bunch (which is, like, two maps since the other three are remakes) since I’m a sucker for a good base themed map but the centrepiece is clearly Leptis Magna due to the size of the bloody thing, it’s huge and good looking.

I’ve also started on Dragon’s Dogma but I’m less enthused with that because of AD. I’m going to have to be done with this before I can get into that proper.

• Herzog says:

Just installed AD 1.5! Really 8 new maps – will keep me occupied again!

4. robertlepervers says:

Final Fantasy XV

• mgardner says:

I will be starting FF XV today. Without last week’s WAWAPTW to guide me, I panicked and grabbed what all the cool kids are playing. Don’t blame me, blame Alice.

Aitrus says:

Third run of Dishonored 2. Emily, no powers, ghost. Not going for clean hands. No powers certainly brings back a lot of the tension that’s lost when you learn how to navigate a Dishonored level with blink/far reach.

The next run will be a Corvo don’t-be-seen-by-or-touch-a-single-person-except-the-targets-thus-leaving-absolutely-no-trace-you-were-there playthrough, inspired by the Crate and Crowbar podcast.

• LennyLeonardo says:

What difficulty are you playing on?

Aitrus says:

Hard. Tried very hard, couldn’t take the heat. :P It’s definitely a lot tougher than Dis 1’s very hard. I’ll bump it up eventually.

• Itkovian says:

My first play through was Very Hard, No Powers, Clean Hands, Shadow with Emily. It was tough in a few places but not horrible. Think I need a break before playing it through again as Corvo, then Emily again (both with powers and without too many limitations on approach). Great sequel in my opinion. Particularly, the level design is so much better than the first, with almost every level providing a completely different experience.

Aitrus says:

Impressive!

The level design is superb. I think on pure gameplay Dishonored 2 is an improvement in every way, but there are a lot of things in terms of character/plotting that disappoint me. One of the core reasons I fell in love with the first game was the pub and all the characters there, forming relationships with them, checking up on Emily, etc. Having just two permanent characters (and never more than 3 at once) at your home base in the sequel is a real letdown.

• aoanla says:

I don’t think I’ve ever lost much tension in a Dishonored level, even with blink. (Have not played Dishonored 2 so can’t speak for far-reach…).
      But, then, I never managed to finish Dishonored (the penultimate level being far too difficult for me, without basically going full-lethal, not-even-trying-stealth, which I really disliked having to do, and basically stopped me wanting to proceed), so…

6. Unsheep says:

Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold … an old FPS classic
    Star Trek 25th Anniversary Edition … tricky puzzles
    X: Rebirth (Complete Edition) … works really well now
    Xenonauts … keeping up with Aliens so far
    DTM 2016 … finally starting the new season

• Vertigo1977 says:

X: Rebirth? Do tell, is it good now? I am an X3 veteran, but all the bad reviews and rage at launch made me stay away from it.

7. EloItsMee says:

I’m probably going to play a modded GTA V, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen or Civ 5 (I can’t afford Civ 6, yet.)

What I WANT to play is different, however. I’d like to try out Planet Coaster, for example, but I also can’t buy that yet.

8. Bum Candy says:

The same thing I’ve been playing for the last two weeks. Forza Horizon 3. My god, that game is so fantastic that even the constant crashes to desktop caused by the windows store integration can’t stop me loving it.

9. A Wanderer says:

I feel guilty. I am cheating like a bastard.
    I am playing Darkest Dungeon, and my last party has just been destroyed by a boss, and I am reaching the part of the game that become grindy. So I decided to install some mods : one that enables high level heroes to take part in low-level quests and one that makes the heroes much more powerful.
    Suddenly my little company of misfits and criminals that were afraid of anything becomes a team of superheroes that one-shot a boss. For me it strangely made the experience better – basically removing the grind and letting me enjoy the ambience and art.
    I feel quite bad at the same time. Poor monsters.

• stringerdell says:

no need to feel guilty, friend. I wish Id thought to cheat a little bit, rather than just give up as it was all getting too grindy and stressful.

10. trooperwally says:

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. It’s basically Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines but set in Edo era Japan and improved and updated. All of that adds up to a really good game in my opinion. I’ve done two missions and would definitely recommend it to anyone who liked Commandos.

Hopefully, other devs will take notice and we can expect to see a few more games like this in the next couple of years. Whilst this is a good game with some clever updates on the original Commandos formula I feel like there’s probably a fair bit of room for innovation and/or more polish. Simple example, the voice acting is good but not great and a sequel with more money thrown at it could probably improve the voice acting. Because sometimes a simple thing done well is a great thing.

• Horg says:

I’ve had a few email advertisements for this but the title put me in in mind of a low effort mobile game, so I didn’t look into it. ”Shadow Tactics” sounds like one of those procedurally generated tag lines that could apply to just about any genre. I’m glad I read your post now becasue Samurai Commandos sounds like exactly the sort of game i’d go for.

• Werthead says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if “Shadow Tactics” is a sort-of generic franchise title, as they could apply it and the (very good) engine to almost any era, although maybe not WWII or the Wild West just yet (might be too on the nose). But I could see a sequel to this game set in Roman or Medieval times, or maybe a modern setting, no problem.

• Eight Rooks says:

I don’t know if they’re specifically thinking in those terms – keeping the prefix – but the developers gave an extensive Reddit AMA where they pretty much confirmed that yes, they’d like to make more games in the same vein, and yes, they’d like to make them in different settings/time periods. It just depends on how this one sells.

EDIT: They also didn’t rule out a straight sequel and/or DLC (apparently they had some maps that were going to be DLC, but finishing them up would have taken too much money). It’s a very good interview – they give open and honest answers to a whole bunch of stuff and cheerfully cop to a lot of the game’s minor flaws.

• Vandelay says:

Yep, the title is really terrible and I really hope that it doesn’t put too many people off digging into it. It is a wonderful game. Played the first 4 levels and each one has been a joy to solve. Finally reaching the end of a level, even these early ones, has just been so satisfying. The whole game just brings back so many great memories of playing the Commandos games.

The only negatives I can say so far is to echo trooperwally’s comment that it is a bit too close to those older games. It is great to rediscover this genre again, but many of the characters’ abilities and styles feel like a copy of those old characters. I’m sure there is definitely more experimentation that could be done, but it does make me wonder if the reason the genre just stopped may well have been just that there wasn’t much more that could be done with it. The other slight downside, which probably only really applies to me and a few others, is the lack of multiplayer. It isn’t a genre that particularly suits it, but I do have great memories of playing the old Commandos games with a friend and having a really fun time with them.

• Eight Rooks says:

From the AMA, the developers would have liked to include multi and wouldn’t rule it out for any future games, but they felt it was going to be too much work for a first attempt when you need a tightly co-ordinated group of friends to get the most out of it (else it would just be randoms griefing people by quickloading all the time).

Sadly there is no coop. The main reason for this again is budget :(. We just had to focus on the core to make that as great as possible. It also is a pretty interessting topic in my oppinion. We get asked this a lot and to be honest i think many people wouldnt enjoy that sort of coop today. It’s one of those great memories you have from a time when you would endure way more pain when playing games :D At least for me. We played some Commandos 2 Coop in the beginning of development and it just has a huge problem. If you split up and do seperate things the quickload / quicksave loop can really get annoying. You are executing that delecate plan and suddenly your friend loads the game. That didnt feel great and i think it’s something that wouldnt work today. So if we were to do coop it would actullay require lots of work and rethinking to make it work in a way that we like. But its something that is very interessting for us.

Again, the AMA is well worth a read – full thing is here.

• Eight Rooks says:

Uh, the English voice acting? Because the Japanese is great – no, I don’t speak it, but I’ve watched enough films where people who do have praised the acting to know the VAs know their stuff. No squeaky anime nonsense here. The writing, too, is terrific four/five missions in – it’s tropes, sure, but it’s a much more entertaining story and much more artfully told so far than something like 13 Assassins. Sure, there’s room for improvement, but I strongly feel you’re damning it with faint praise when it doesn’t deserve it – my eight hours with it so far have been excellent, and (as I said further up) have wowed me far more than Dishonored 2, to be honest.

• ButteringSundays says:

“but I strongly feel you’re damning it with faint praise when it doesn’t deserve it”

Because they had a single, mild criticism? *Rolls eyes dramatically*

• jellydonut says:

I love this game, currently playing through it like a daytrader going through lines of coke.

Tip: turn on the Japanese voice acting. They went through the trouble of voicing every character in Japanese, and it makes the game feel more authentic.

• mgardner says:

I haven’t decided if I will get just Shadow Tactics, or get the Daedelic bundle from the Steam sale, which also includes the interesting sounding games Bounty Train and Valhalla Hills for $25 more. Advise me, oh great RPSers!

Thirith says:

Coop session with some mates this afternoon (Arma and GTA). I’ll also play on in ABZU, although I’m finding that one a bit too derivative of Journey, without reaching that game’s heights. Also, I got my Touch controllers yesterday, so I’ll put in some more time grinning like a loon while playing SUPERHOT VR.

12. golem09 says:

I’m playing “Try out you first thumb-trackball”. I wish I could play its sequel instead though “Compare the M570 to the MX Master”. Fun games.

• ButteringSundays says:

Hardcore!

I use a trackball as my daily driver (Logitech Marble Mouse, I’m on my 3rd in around 11 years), but I think I’d struggle using it for gaming. I guess it depends a lot on what you’re playing!

Strategy and more interface driven games I guess it’d work great.

Where I actually find the trackball superior to anything else is precision. If I need to move my cursor 1px to the right while releasing a click (and not want to try it 3 times before succeeding) nothing beats it. Where it falls down is larger sweeping movements. The thought of playing an FPS with one gives me nightmares.

13. LennyLeonardUK says:

I’m mostly playing The Last Guardian on the old PlayStation box. Other than that I’m currently knee deep into trying to learn how to play Hearts Of Iron IV without chewing my own arm off in frustration. Plus a little Planet Coaster to calm me down afterwards.

I just this moment bought the new Wood Elves DLC for Total Warhammer so I’ll start a new campaign on that soon enough.

And finally I’ve got the Chinese Grand Prix to compete in on F1 2016. I managed a first place in Bahrain so expectations are high. Will I be able to handle said pressure??.

It’s highly doubtful.

• Ben King says:

I also REALLY want to be playing The Last Guardian, but between money, my GF hogging the console with Thumper, and my own delightfully fearful crawl through Alien Isolation I haven’t gotten it yet. Instead I’m in the back room on the PC playing Sanctuary Black enjoying it’s random encounters, bleepy chip tunes and bad jokes.

• floogles says:

Sanctuary Black! I liked the same things about it, pretty compulsively enjoyable game. The names of some of the enemies, especially bosses cracked me up.

14. piphil says:

I’ll be playing Cities Skylines with the Natural Disasters expansion. Natural Disasters has given the game some much-needed direction in my opinion. Previously I would build a city for a while before getting bored – it could feel that the only reason to play before was to fill the map, manage traffic, and unlock artificially restricted buildings.

While much of this still applies, the scenarios give the game structure when I fancy it, and the disasters give a sense of managing a city, rather than just constructing it. The scars on the landscape left by earthquakes or sinkholes act as visible markers, punctuation in the story of your city. And the new radio adverts are awful and make me laugh.

I can’t quite seem to get my head around the “disaster response” building though, as it seems to just sit there without doing anything, even with carnage on its doorstep. Maybe one of the mods I’m running is conflicting but I’ve been rebuilding my cities myself so far…

• ButteringSundays says:

inteesting. I’ve overlooked this DLC because on the face of it doesn’t appeal to me. But I also have that issue, a lack of direction – why am I building this city, what does success Orr failure look like? Your own goals can work for a spell, but having real objectives would be nice.

I’m going to reconsider.

15. aoanla says:

I will be not playing anything, because arrrgh, where has all my time gone. (And also, why are games so hard nowadays :( ).

16. caff says:

Lots of Christmas boozing.

17. Vacuity729 says:

Hand of Fate. I had the desire for something actiony, but easy to pick up and put down. So I reset my progress. I’d done most everything except the dealer, the last couple of minotaur encounters and a new set of encounters featuring Mister Lionel. Starting again from scratch is actually quite fun, but I doubt I’ll reset my progress again in this game.

18. skalpadda says:

Dark Souls, again, obviously. Are there other games?

(Please send help)

• A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Help you say? (Hands skalpadda a Great Scythe +15 and a lunchbox (containing mostly moss)). There you go. Have fun!

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Try jumping

• gabrielonuris says:

Dark Souls 2 here, and I totally am in need of the same help as you. Oh, and also:

gorgeous view ahead

Captain Narol says:

Football Manager 2017 mainly, maybe mixed with a little of No Man’s Sky or Tyto Ecology for a change.

I also have a game of CKII I want to finish and The Banner Saga 2 to start, but that probably won’t be for this week-end.

On a side note, I have planed to go see “The Arrival” tomorrow, can’t already wait !

• Uncompetative says:

Arrival is an amazing film and Amy Adams is terrific.
      The Arrival is a good film and Charlie Sheen is great.

• klops says:

English is weird.

Captain Narol says:

Oops, I indeed meant “Arrival” ! (which is named strangely named “Premier Contact” in french which would mean “First Contact” in english)

• ButteringSundays says:

Did you say ‘finish’ a game of CKII? I’ve only ever started games.

Captain Narol says:

If I remember well, I finished 3 games… Stream says I spent 2067 hours playing CKII so far, and I am at least 4 DLC late so I’m far from done !

DelrueOfDetroit says:

How is Tyto Ecology?

Captain Narol says:

Tyto Ecology is great, I even consider it the best ecological simulation I have ever played and I’m quite fond of them !

Lots of different animal/plant species available, 3 different biomes in the base game (+ 1 in DLC and soon 1 more), full food chain from carnivores to decomposers that eat remains and pollenizing insects to spread plants.

It’s a relaxing game, you build your ecosystem step by step and watch it come alive, interfering only when you feel it’s needed to correct the problems that might appears.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Nice. I night have to give Tyto another look. It caught my eye when it appeared on Steam but for some reason I got the impression it was going to be like one of those terrible “____(animal) Simulator” games you see on mobile.

particlese says:

Broken Age! The blu-ray backer box just arrive in the post this week, so I’ll be playing the game so I can watch the documentary without worrying about spoilers. (And to play the game, of course.) I’ve already played/watched a bit of both but, despite liking them, got busy doing other things. Now that they’re both finished and polished, I’ll be diving back in.

Also Devil Daggers because I finally got through to the first squid3 without using homing daggers the other day, and I’m still pumped about that.

Also ESO because a friend and I are still finding new ways to enjoy it, beyond at least my expectations.

At the moment, though, it’s Mendelssohn’s violin concerto and Hebrides Overture and stuff while catching up on RPS articles. Stop writing so much interesting stuff! >:(

21. Mi-24 says:

Weekend before I go home from uni. First weekend in bloody ages with no work so I’ll try to make the best of it. I’ll be trying to find ways to complete the new Hitman sniper challenges, as well as finishing off dishonoured 2, which is great but sometimes I just feel overwhelmed by the choice and open level design.

Also I’ll be trying to make pancakes.

22. Blowfeld81 says:

Fallout 4.

Bought it yesterday and the first 150 mods are rock stable. Hate it how you want, the wait was worth it!

john_silence says:

I will be trying hard to stop playing BF1 multiplayer and get started on Fallout 4, which I just got; or the opposite, something shorter than I can hope to complete before next week-end. Stasis perhaps? A few episodes of The Expanse put me in the right mind for something space-based but not too reflex-y.

Also playing re-organizing/optimizing the small home with new furniture, fun!
    Plus sports & exertion.

PS: the captchas are becoming harder and harder. 6 + 9 ? You had me scratching my head there for a minute.

john_silence says:

@Blowfeld81: is this… is this a Fallout 4 high 5? Half-Life 3 announced!

• Blowfeld81 says:

Hi John,

that pun… I almost missed it, as you replied to your own paragraph. But my eagly eyes caught it anyways. Spidersense tickling and stuff, you know.

Hopefully HL3 gets confirmed, I would like to see it before I retire.

On a random note:

6+9=?

Only 10% of your friends can solve this. Can you? Find out the shocking truth!

(When RPS gets bought by facebook)

24. Pravin Lal's Nuclear Arsenal says:

I gave up on Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star. That game is as hostile, cold, murky and lethal as the Eastern Front it’s representing.
    So I wanted something a bit more upbeat and easy to learn.
    And I started my first game of Crusader Kings II. As Denmark. Christ, that’s a lot of kids to murder.

25. kwyjibo says:

I’m playing Duelyst because it’s excellent and you should all be playing it. Here’s Quinns talking about it in a recent podcast link to coolghosts.net

26. NetharSpinos says:

Still ploughing my way through Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on what I like to call Scourge of God mode. (I am not very good at stealth.)

I think I’m near the end though, so after that…well, I do have Dishonoured 2 waiting for the inevitable High Chaos playthrough, but I want to squeeze in a bit of Total Warhammer as well what with the new wizards and Elves.

Still waiting patiently for Deathwing.

27. Ghostwise says:

Fired the old How To Survive for a short photo safari to illustrate an article about zombies in that game.

Not the greatest game ever, but for a cheap little thing it was fine.

28. lglethal says:

DX:MD. I really need to finish DX:MD, I’ve been on this playthrough for ages, but it is just so much fun running around the city and breaking into every possible place (and making everyone unconscious!!).

Oh and Stellaris, because I really should try to hit the mid game at some point. But the start is just so much fun… :)

29. Derpkovsky says:

I will be playing the cello this weekend as I have to rehearse for three perfomances with my music group next week. If I have time and energy for video games it will be The Witcher 3 as I just bought the expansions and am excited to see what they bring.

30. Erroll the Elder says:

I got both Oculus Touch and the Warhammer Wood Elf expansion this week. Oh, and a paper to finish for school. So, I am completely torn. Its been a little of this, a little of that, and not enough schoolwork.

Thulsa Hex says:

I’ll probably do some Hitman-ing over the weekend. Completely botched the last Elusive Target. My ego wants deliverance.

I’m also thinking about starting the first Dishonored again. Played it on 360 but never got the DLC, and I recently picked up the bundle on the cheap.

Pokémon Moon is also tugging at my sleeve. I picked my starter the other day, but got no further, yet!

32. malkav11 says:

I have Tyranny, and Dishonored 2, and Mafia III, and Homefront Revolution all recently added to my docket (the latter three arriving during Thanksgiving sale season). But in poking at Batman: Arkham City just as part of my ongoing quest to bump up things I can actually run at 4K to 4K to take advantage of my shiny new monitor, I appear to have hooked myself. So probably a good bit of that 5 year old game instead of the new stuff I paid so much money for. Go figure.

Oh, and since Hex: Shards of Fate recently dropped their second big piece of campaign, probably a good amount of that, too.

teije says:

Trying out this early access game Judgement: Apocalypse Survival Simulator. Goofy name, but a great little gem in the making and deserves to be better known. Survival and crafting a la Rimworld with a demonic combat and research layer. Well worth a look by RPS.

AutonomyLost says:

I’ll be playing a lot of guitar, Dishonored 2, and the recently purchased Shadow Tactics, which I began last night briefly. Liked what I saw and played! Also, edited the hex values right off the bat to get everything displaying in 21:9 perfectly. Should be sweet.

35. Risingson says:

I’m playing go to h&m to get a pair of trousers because i got carried over by the “skinny” trousers and the latest ones I got that looked oh my god so hot on me tore down while i was wearing them, fortunately at my bf’s.

I am also replaying Eric The Unready, which I find funnier with every replay.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

I can relate. All my sexy skinny jeans don’t fit me very well any more. This is what happens when you work in a bakery.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

More Pokemon Sun. I have been playing all week. I am hooked. This is the first Pokemon game I’ve really gotten into since Silver. Just started the 3rd island. My Pokemon should start evolving into their third forms pretty soon. My fashions are stellar.

I think my favourite part of the game is some of the batshit crazy things people will say to you when you walk up to them.

37. SBLux says:

I was playing Styx but have found a game-breaking bug and can not exit from the level I’m on. Sad face.

38. Monggerel says:

Jagged Alliance 2.
    I remember playing it a long time ago, and being scared of the sabertooth tigers (?!) in the jungle. Well, young-me was correct, they *are* fucking scary.

39. Robert The Rebuilder says:

Yes, Alice, but what movies are you watching? :)

I will be playing whatever free things I can find for a borrowed Oculus Rift. Any suggestions?

40. Zenicetus says:

Some flying in the X-Plane 11 Beta, some Stellaris. And then some co-op Torchlight 2 this evening. Now in NG+ mode for a second co-op run, because my wife has an unhealthy attachment to her virtual Papillon pet in the game, and can’t bear to part with it.

41. Minglefingler says:

I just finished Tyranny, absolutely loved the game and the amount of choice you had in how you conducted yourself, although there were a few moments when I felt that I was forced to do things that my character simply wouldn’t do. I do hope for a sequel as the story needs to be resolved and I want to continue to develop my character in the way I have been. Shadow Tactics is up next, looking forward to it.

42. second_hand_virgin says:

Valkyria Chronicles from bargain bin. Because it’s more kawaii than X-Com with long war mod and my soldiers live longer.

43. floogles says:

Thanks for bringing this column back, one of my favourite things to read all week. I love seeing what other people are playing, and I often find out about games this way.

Love the community here.

44. nitric22 says:

Finally dipped into Rise of the Tomb Raider a week ago. YAY! And every year I get the itch to play some Madden, which I have not scratched literally since the last windows version (08?) LOL. This year I caved and snagged a PS4 on cyber Monday plus Madden 17. My franchise is calling….

45. Xristo says:

Just bought Shadow Warrior 2 and loving some Wang so far! Also, reinstalled Shadow of Mordor. Although I’ve beat it once before, damn is it still fun! Hope they are making a sequel!

46. KingFunk says:

Deadly Premonition (for the first time). My coffee warned me about it…

47. fish99 says:

Not much time for games due to work, but I’m slowly slogging through Dishonored 2, just reached the clockwork mansion. Playing as Corvo, no-kills and trying to find literally everything, so it’s gonna take a while.

I wish the actual game was a wee bit better, rather than relying on having a great world (and I prefer Dunwall to Karnaca so far).

48. Kaeoschassis says:

UnderRail. Haven’t been this hooked on an RPG in a long, long time. And to think I almost didn’t buy it…

Listen up, let me get serious for just a second here. If you are reading my comment, and you are a game developer – or KNOW a game developer – involved in RPGs in any way, you need to hear this. Please. Play UnderRail. Play UnderRail with a stealth-heavy build. See how the stealth… well, works? See how it takes light levels, sound propagation, lines of sight and so on into account? See how it clearly communicates enemy awareness levels so you can judge how observant they are before you get in too deep? See how awareness climbs gradually as you slip up rather than just instantly having them spot you the second you fail one invisible dice roll? See how enemies who have heard, but not seen you will come to investigate but won’t magically know your position? And communicate that they are doing so? See how its levels are, by and large, built to let you play around with these wonderful systems if you want?

See how this oldschool-styled, isometric RPG does what practically no other RPG has ever done and lets stealth characters play like an actual stealth game?

Now was that so hard?

49. Vertigo1977 says:

Kerbal Space Program – Started a new career to try out the Comms Net update – Guilty pleasure, this game still rocks, passed the 200 hour mark in a heartbeat.

Age of Gladiators – Gave it another try, still hate it, uninstall.

Xenonauts Community Edition – Many hours on the vanilla edition but never really got to finish a full game. Lets see if I get there now, this is the spiritual sucessor to UFO.

Motorsport Manager, finally got a lower team up a division, getting a bit grindy now…

On My waiting list:

Civilization VI
    Stellaris – Need to try out the new update, couple hours in a new game not enough to tell the diference yet

50. thinkforaminute says:

Skyrim Special Edition – Since I got it free for owning the original+DLC, I decided to see if it was any good. 100 hours later I’m still playing.