Pay quiddos for my little friend: Payday 2’s Scarface DLC

“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in,” Tony Dakota muttered in Scarface, his face dusted in icing sugar. And here he is, called out of retirement for two new bags of Payday 2 [official site] paid DLC. Ant has arrived in the co-op heist FPS himself as a playable character, armed with a chainsaw and His Little Friend, and a new heist busts into the film’s fancy mansion to bop the boss. This may sound weird but Payday 2 has already crossed over with John Wick and the Point Break remake.

So! You’ve got yer Scarface Character Pack adding Ant for £3.99/4,99€/$4.99. He comes with the ‘Kingpin’ class, letting him take naughty drugs to get well hard for a bit, and brings with him a chainsaw and his assault rifle with underslung grenade launcher. They don’t have Al Pacino (or his face) but they do have the voice of the fella who played Ant in the game Scarface: The World Is Yours.

£4.99/6,99€/$6.99 for the Scarface Heist gets you a new heist infiltrating the Sosa Cartel’s fancy Miami mansion, along with a chunky ’80s portable telephone as a melee weapon, a four-tube rocket launcher, and some cosmetic odds and ends.

£9 for the pair does seem a bit much but at least only one person in a party need own the heist for everyone else to join in. If it doesn’t split the community, hey, that’s fine.

From this site

1. Bull0 says:

Wow, the gun isn’t very authentic. If you’re going to have tony montana in a mask, so you don’t even get the titular scarred face, at least get the gun right.

2. int says:

How unsatisfying with the chainsaw. The guy was just knocked back with a small cloud of blood. I want severance!

Perhaps it’s a chain prod or a chain nudger.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Ah yes, Scarface. The movie where people don’t seem to understand you aren’t supposed to like the main character despite him TELLING YOU HE’S THE BAD GUY!

Carlito’s Way is better. Yeah. I said it.

• Hoot says:

I always enjoyed Carlito’s Way a lot more. Sean Penn is sick in that movie. So sick, I didn’t even realise it was him until the end credits rolled.

• CartonofMilk says:

Well to be fair only complete idiots and wanna be thugs think Montana is cool. I love this film because it’s so completely ridiculous. It’s bad. But good. And you can witness exactly when Pacino stopped being an actor and started to become a caricature.

4. Hoot says:

Because your craic is usually hilarious Alice, I didn’t wanna point out the glaring error in this newsbite. But that quote, man. It’s Godfather 3, not Scarface :P Lol, and it’s Tony Montana not Dakota!

Hang on. Have I just been trolled?

5. kode says:

Well, as DLCs go for Payday 2, the heist one here isn’t the worst. The level itself is _okay_. Cool to get another stealthable level again, it’s been a while since that happened. Really cool that it’s another Butcher contract (as the Butcher contractor has the voice and likeness of Mira Furlan, so this is basically helping Satai Delenn get some revenge), the rocket launcher thing is a good upgrade to the RPG already in the game because even if it does half the damage, it has twice the ammunition available and you can shoot four rockets before reloading. Melee weapons are useless in payday 2 though, and was made even less usable with this patch.