New Humble Bundle includes Pony Island and N++

Pony Island is a game John wants so much for you to play that if you fall asleep near him at a house party he will, after drawing a banana and two mouldy satsumas on your forehead in marker, he will tie you to a chair and force you to play. So do yourself a favour and check out the new Humble Bundle, whose tiers the ponies and other such treats as Day of the Tentacle Remastered and N++. It’s a pretty good bargain!

The Humble Overwhelmingly Positive Bundle (all its games are rated ‘overwhelmingly positive’ on Steam, Humble explain) runs the usual way. It’s pay-what-you-want, with games divided between tiers to give you more as you pay more.

Pay anything at all and you’ll receive glitch-o-mystery-megametagame Pony Island (read Wot John Thinks too), throwback RPG Epic Battle Fantasy 4, and jump ’em up Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse. As ever, you’ll need to pay at least $1 for Steam keys.

Pay the current average price ($6.81/£5.60 as I write) or more and you’ll get revamped LucasArts adventure game Day of the Tentacle Remastered (see Wot John Thinks), supernatural arcade murderfest Deadbolt, and… some other games, who’ll be revealed next week.

Lastly, pay at least $10 (£8.20-ish) and you’ll also get cyberpunk bartending game VA-11 Hall-A (read Wot Sin Vega Thinks) and super slick platformer N++ (The Mechanic had a good rummage in its guts).

Those are some good video games! Some of them are new to me but on the whole, cool-o.

Oh, Humble have an Assassin’s Creed bundle on the go now too. That’s hundreds of hours of murder for $15!

[Disclosure: friend o’ RPS and former Bargain Bucket hosemaster Cassandra Khaw worked on VA-11 Hall-A.]

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Has anyone played Deadbolt? I’ve had my eye on it for a while now but haven’t seen a lot of musings about it. All the Steam reviews seem to suggest good but very difficult.

• Weremoo says:

“Good but pretty difficult” is a fair summation honestly. It plays a bit like a more murder-y Gunpoint, but is FAR more unforgiving. The first set of levels you can mostly blast through without a plan, Hotline Miami-style. However by the time you hit the second set, it almost becomes a puzzle game – you need to work out the hows, wheres and whys to not get shot/eaten/bloweded up. And it’s all one-hit kills on you, so as far as it is, there are a LOT of restarts before you hit the right ‘path’.

2. Legion1183 says:

…after drawing a banana and two mouldy satsumas on your forehead…

Haha dammit Alice this made me laugh out loud and wake up my girlfriend. She isn’t laughing.

3. Pich says:

VA-11 HALL-A alone is worth the 10 bucks, one of the best games of the past year.

• Kaeoschassis says:

That’s heartening. I dunno when I’ll have the time and money to actually play it, but I’ve loved the idea and the art for a long time now.

• Pich says:

The game takes place during 18 days and each day takes roughly 30-40 minutes to complete. so don’t worry you can play it in short burst with no problems (and if you forget something there are always the guides on Steam :P)

• jusplathemus says:

Seconded! I absolutely loved it. It has a very nice atmosphere full of great music and characters, witty dialogues and a speaking dog in sunglasses.

4. FrenchTart says:

Day of the Tentacle Reamstered

Wow, my memories of that game must be completely wrong.

Risingson says:

DOTT remastered is worthy for getting the dev comments. It even loses the colour rotation they talk about, and I feel like the music sounds much worse than in the AWE soundcard I had back then (which means: laazy). But the game never stops being fun, and the amount of clues, the care all three designers took so every puzzle could be solvable without trying everything with everything, is still a thing to admire.

6. Chunkylord says:

Humble monthly also has xcom 2 for about £10, along with a bunch of mystery games at the start of next month. Just cancel the sub right away you won’t be charged for another month.