Best PC gaming deals of the week

The internet might currently be ablaze with discussion on Nintendo’s latest game-thing but we’re here once more to talk about things that really matter in the here and now – namely, how good Day of the Tentacle is and which Amiga games were the best ones. All joking aside, we’re about halfway through January now and fast approaching the first of another year’s worth of major video game releases. Thankfully, we’ve got some gaming deals to talk about, as always, for you to pick up in the meantime.

UK & US Deals

Humble Bundle is back yet again to ask you to part with your money, however much you feel like parting with. This time, it’s a bit special though – this one comprises solely of games with ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ feedback on Steam. As I hinted at in the opening paragraph, Day of the Tentacle Remastered is amongst the games you’ll get with a purchase which makes it worthwhile if nothing else does. More games to be added in the coming week, too, so keep an eye on this one.

Games included:

Pay what you want
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Pony Island

Pay more than the average
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Deadbolt
(More games added soon)

Pay $10 (around £8.23) or more

VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
N++

Pay what you want for Humble ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ Bundle

As promised, GOG has continued its plan to have weekly sales on a varying range of PC titles. In the second week of discounts, the site is offering you the chance to pick up games from the Worms, Escapists, Men of War and Tex Murphy series, amongst a few others. So if you’re a fan of war, prisons, turn-based destruction or FMV games, head on over and take a look.

GOG’s Weekly Sale with up to 90% off Worms, Escapists and more

No matter how you feel about the game itself, Undertale is currently on offer for £3.49 / $4.99 on Steam for the next few hours. That right there is just a fact. It’s been next to impossible to ignore the tidal wave of excitement that the internet built up around this game shortly after its release but if you’ve been curious without ever picking up a copy, now might be the time to see it for yourself.

Undertale on PC for £3.49 / $4.99 from Steam

For £6.24 / $7.99 / €7.49 right now, you can head over to EA’s Origin service and pick up the Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection. That means you’ll be getting more or less every Command & Conquer game available and far more games than you’ll actually play any time soon. Most importantly, you’ll be getting the Red Alert series in all it’s absolutely insane FMV wonderfulness. Plus, Tim Curry is in that one game. I mean, come on

Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection on PC for £6.24 / $7.99 / €7.49 from Origin

The game that came along and ate Sim City’s lunch, Cities: Skylines is discounted down to £5.74 / $7.49 / €6.99 right now over at Bundle Stars. This one won a lot of hearts simply by delivering on many of the hopes that EA’s Sim City from a few years back failed to fulfill, so if you’ve had a hankering to fall down the city-builder genre hole once more, this might be your answer.

Cities Skylines on PC (Steam) for £5.74 / $7.49 / €6.99 from Bundle Stars

Any game that got away with calling it self ‘Total Annihilation’ is probably worth checking out, right? Better still when that game happens to be a real-time strategy classic from the 90s and a game that helped define an entire genre. A Steam version of the aforementioned Total Annihilation can be yours right now (as long as you live in the US, that is) for just $1.25 for a limited time.

Total Annihilation on PC (Steam) for $1.25 from Amazon US (US Only)

With that, we’re done for another week. Keep in mind that deals, prices and availability can change at the drop of a hat, so apologies if you miss out on something you wanted. I’ll be over at Jelly Deals, scouring the world wide web for more deals. Feel free to visit, or follow us on Twitter and give us a like on Facebook.

From this site

1. Iain_1986 says:

This months humble monthly subscription bundle will also include XCOM2

So you can currently nab XCOM2 for $12 (plus some other games yet to be announced/added to the bundle) and then cancel your ‘subscription’ immediately.

• thischarmingman says:

The lowest price I’ve seen the game go for, so I took the plunge. Liking it so far, a few hours in on Ironman. I don’t know why I put myself through the pain of Ironman.

• Rainshine says:

Thank you. I guess. I mean, thank you, it’s been on the wishlist, but now I have yet another game to play!

2. Kefren says:

I find it a bit confusing that the link to (and summary of) the deal appears _after_ the relevant text, rather than as the header of it. It makes it look like it is referring to the image directly below it, so I find myself scrolling up and down. Or maybe that’s just me.

MajorLag says:

No, it’s not just you.

phuzz says:

I was having that problem too. Could it be the other way round please?

• ramirezfm says:

Yeah, it’s kinda like driving on the left side of the road, very confusing.

• Boomerang says:

I agree, reads all wrong.

• fish99 says:

Agreed.

• Barberetti says:

No, it’s not just you. It annoys the fuck out of me every time they do it.

yhancik says:

I feel less lonely now! I think that’s because we are used, on RPS’ homepage, to have TITLE -> [picture] -> article. While here it’s: article -> [picture] -> link in bold that looks like a title. So it’s totally the opposite of the rest of the website :p

3. Halk says:

I would just like to say thank you, Jamie, for clearly marking which offers are associated with which DRM system (even for keys sold through third-party sites like Bundle Stars). That’s very helpful!

(Not sure for how long you have been doing it like this, but I definitely remember that it has not always been like this, so it’s a real improvement for me.)

4. nomilarac says:

Choosing Day of the Tentacle as the header picture for the article, yet not bothering to “print” the average Humble Bundle price, at the time of writing, that actually gets you the game.

Makes sense.

• stringerdell says:

Its a shambles, a disgrace, and a shocking state of affairs.

• DelrueOfDetroit says:

I called the Red Cross. Everyone just remain calm and we’ll see this thing through to the end.

• DEspresso says:

It’s a thin Line between ‘Carry On’ and carrion i say!

5. DelrueOfDetroit says:

Total Annihilation! Buy it! Buy it now you silly goose.

• orionite says:

It seems it is currently not available and you can let Amazon notify you via email, but yes: Buy it! And when you think you’ve played the game enough look for the community unit packs and have your mind blown.

• DelrueOfDetroit says:

The first thing I ever did when our house went online was going to Cavedog’s website and downloading the free units. :)

6. Viral Frog says:

I would also like to point out that Dirt Showdown is free on the Humble Store for the next 26 1/2 hours.

7. crazyd says:

How long does it take for Undertale to get good? I tried it for like 10 minutes, but was immediately turned off by ugly graphics, bad writing, and a poorly explained tutorial. I don’t get this one, but I know I certainly didn’t give it a fair try.

• DelrueOfDetroit says:

When you are leaving the cave.

• Rainshine says:

I’ve spent about an hour in it, running in circles basically, I keep on ending up fighting the same two or three creatures. Apparently the puzzle of where I’m supposed to go is far too hard for me, it’s right after the tutorial lady wanders off and leaves me.

8. Skiddywinks says:

Is it just me that has the C&C Collection come up as full price (£25) when I follow the link? Doesn’t seem to be any indication that it’s on sale.