Titanfall 2 adding ‘Live Fire’ one-minute mode for free

A zippy new multiplayer mode is coming to Titanfall 2 [official site], offering 6v6 Pilot-only close-quarters action with one-minute rounds. I know a lot of our gushing about our favourite FPS of 2016 has focused on its campaign but the multiplayer is cracking too. It doesn’t hurt that all new multiplayer modes and modes are free. So yes, the new mode is named Live Fire and it should arrive in the next big content update with two maps of its own.

Respawn Entertainment’s announcement on Friday explained Live Fire:

“A round-based best of 5 mode with no respawns, you will have one minute to eliminate the opposing team in order to win the round. You can also win the round if your team is holding the neutral flag when the round timer ends. It’s fast, frantic, and sure to help hone those teamwork and mobility skills. We’re also introducing two brand new maps designed specifically for Live Fire: Stacks and Meadow. Playable only in the Live Fire playlist, these two maps are tight, enclosed death boxes designed specifically for the fast-paced, intense nature of the mode.”

Another map is coming for the 1 on 1, pilot vs. pilot Coliseum mode too. These are all good things to receive for free.

Respawn added, “Soon we will reveal our roadmap for the next couple months that will have more maps [including remasters of more maps from Titanfall], weapons, modes, and more.”

From this site

Solrax says:

Not sure I like more game modes… At least on the NY server which I seem to automatically attach to, almost no one plays anything except Attrition. Trying to get a CTF match is impossible, and waits for Amped Hardpoint are so long it isn’t worth waiting (though I have never looked for a Pilot vs. Pilot or Last Titan Standing). It seems to me this will just siphon more people into little silos.

• rymm says:

seems fine here in the uk, you wait a little longer for other modes than attrition. like a minute?
      unrelated note, i was hoping for this to be a pve mode, i just want to play with the grapple hook, and it doesn’t feel so useful to swing about against other players.

• doodler says:

The biggest thing they need to do is let the variety pack people populate the non-attrition playlists

• haradaya says:

Are you saying it doesn’t? That’s a bummer. I play nothing but mixtape in hopes of populating whatever game mode needs a player.

• Kirudub says:

Same here, I’m in Connecticut and attach to the NY server too; it’s ONLY Attrition, and since I only have free time to play for an hour a day, I just join up. None of the other modes are populated, and IME it’s been like that since release.

• DiscordCabbage says:

Thankfully, they’re changing how MM works. You select from the list of game modes which ones you’d like to play, and the game will throw you into one of those. It’s like mixtape, but not its own separate playlist, and everyone playing is in that same queue. In theory it ought to help some of the dead playlist problems.

• Daemoroth says:

That would be much better. Now… If only I could suck ever so slightly less than I do (More than you’re imagining right now), I might be less terrified to try it. :P

2. Bull0 says:

Jesus, this was your FPS of 2016? What about Doom?

• DelrueOfDetroit says:

DOOM was second best Hell.

They always pick the games first and the categories second.