The best PC gaming deals of the week

Big digital store discounts are the name of the game this week. Why not take some of that payday money and treat yourself to one of the games you’ve missed over the last year or so? 2017 may have started off surprisingly strong for major releases, but that lull is coming and you’ll want something to pass the time. Fortunately, we’ve got this week’s best deals below:

UK & US Deals

We’ve now come to anticipate an encore at a show. No longer is it reserved for the times when rapturous applause summons the band back on stage for one last hurrah. It’s now the epilogue, or the bit where they play that one famous song so you don’t leave early. The Humble Store has adapted to this change too and has brought back a selection of the best deals from its Winter Sale for an encore. There are loads of games on offer, but here are a few of the best:

The Witcher 3: Game of the Year Edition for £20.99/$29.99
Dark Souls III for £19.99/$29.99
Stardew Valley for £8.79/$11.99
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen for £9.59/$11.99
Life is Strange Complete Season for £3.99/$4.99
Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide for £7.81/$10.19
Owlboy for £12.72/$19.99
DiRT Rally for £15.99/$23.99
Batman: The Telltale Series for £12.72/$16.74
Oxenfree for £6.39/$7.99
Metro Redux Bundle for £4.99/$5.99
Stephen’s Sausage Roll for £16.79/$22.49

Tie-ins for the Chinese New Year are beginning to pop up everywhere as of late. If you’re not racing to revere a rooster in Heroes of the Storm you’re eagerly anticipating legendary drops from loot boxes in Overwatch. Meanwhile, at Bundle Stars, they’re celebrating by discounting a selection of games from their catalogue. For an added bonus use the code ‘LUNAR8’ to get 8% off when you spend at least £8/$8. EIGHT.

Mad Max for £3.99/$4.99
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Deluxe Edition for £9.89/$14.99
Quantum Break for £22.49/$27.74
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Complete Bundle for £8.39/$15.99
Darksiders Warmastered Edition for £4.99/$4.99
Ryse: Son of Rome for £3.75/$4.99
Jackbox Party Pack 3 for £13.29/$17.49

UK Deals

Speaking of Heroes of the Storm, Green Man Gaming are selling a few of Blizzard’s older titles at discount prices right now. Learn about the origins of Raynor, Kerrigan, Thrall and more before they were summoned into a battleground where they must sit in lane and fight for all eternity.

Warcraft III: Gold Edition for £9.57
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty for £6.99
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm for £6.99
Diablo III for £11.99

Be prepared to mourn the loss of your finest soldiers as they are savagely ripped from existence by a menacing alien threat. XCOM 2 is a game of massive stakes and brilliant execution, and now things can get even more devastating with the release of The Long War – a vast new mod for the strategy gem. The Digital Deluxe Edition is just £19.99 on PC at GamesPlanet.

XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition on PC for £19.99 from GamesPlanet

There’s so much to like about Titanfall 2: mad wall-running, perilous ziplining, giant mechs plummeting into the faces of your foes. It’s all there. The bonkers shooter sequel from ex-Call of Duty folks, Respawn Entertainment, is tough to pass up at just £24.99 from Amazon UK.

Titanfall 2 on PC for £24.99 from Amazon UK

US Deals

The Razer Diamondback may be seen as the lesser option in comparison to its bigger brother, the DeathAdder, but this is still an excellent mouse for the price. Get it for 50% off at Amazon US for only $41.99.

Razer Diamondback Chroma Gaming Mouse for $41.99 from Amazon US

Did you miss XCOM: Enemy Unknown? You can just jump straight into XCOM 2 without any issues, but for just $13.99 you might want to consider the original game too. This Complete Edition comes with the Enemy Within expansion and a selection of DLC packs too. Just remember to use the discount code ‘0125PBCS06’ when making the purchase!

XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Complete Edition for $13.99 from NewEgg

And we’re done for another week. We’ll be back again in seven days to fill you in on all the best PC gaming deals of the week. Until then it’s back to the confines of the Baker estate and its disgusting, dripping walls. Hopefully we can make out in time! Until then, Jelly Deals out. Do keep an eye over at Jelly Deals for more deals from around the web. Feel free to visit, or follow us on Twitter and give us a like on Facebook.

From this site

1. crazyd says:

I really wish more people would play Titanfall 2. It is so damn good, I don’t know how I’m ever going to be able to play another FPS. The movement system is so much fun, and all the Titans (except Legion) are tons of fun to play. I tend to be very transient with games, and never stick with them for long, but Titanfall is all I can think about since launch, and I’m still in every day.

If you are on the fence on grabbing it, I’d highly recommend it. If you want someone to show you the ropes, and are capable with connecting with a West Coast US player, hit up crazyD on Origin and I’d be happy to help you out with the basics in a private match, or just play.

• vahnn says:

This.

I’m central but connect to East servers. The West servers give me almost triple the latency for some reason.

• Darloth says:

I want to play it, but it’s still at a pricepoint where I’m fairly sure I won’t play it for long enough for it to be worth it.

Knowing the singleplayer part is quite short is part of this, but I know I’ll inevitably just not play the multiplayer much too.

Additionally, I don’t like Origin. Maybe if it were… perhaps, £10-£15?

• crazyd says:

The extra £4.99 is really breaking you? I can say, it’s more than worth it to me. It’s the best MP game I’ve played since the first Titanfall, but, to each their own. SP is good, but short, and MP has kept me hooked.

I also don’t particularly like Origin, but it’s not painfully bad or anything.

• DelrueOfDetroit says:

People who claim Origin is this terrible service always come off like those people who think that any car with an engine smaller than a V8 is a piece of shit.

• Baseplate says:

Origin and Uplay might have been crap when they first launched, but they have come a long way. Sure, I’d rather have the game on Steam, but I don’t hesitate to buy the games on Origin/Uplay if it’s something I really want or is on sale.

• ooshp says:

Uplay is still a dog turd.

• Tannhauser says:

So I guess you didn’t hear where Origin wouldn’t work at all with certain antivirus software, and it took months for EA to fix the issue? That was just two months ago.

Customers even had to figure out what the issue was on their own, EA was useless at providing support for the problem.

• malkav11 says:

Saying Origin and (especially) uPlay have come a long way is like saying a marathon runner’s come a long way after they hit the first mile post. Yes, they’re further than they started, but they’re many miles from where they need to be.

• Baseplate says:

I may try to get up with you on some MP tips. I’m playing through the single player campaign, but multiplayer seems so FAST. I consider myself decent when it comes to FPS games, so I don’t know if I’m just bad because of the faster game, my age, or both.

• crazyd says:

Sure thing, man! Hit me up, and I’d be happy to walk you through some stuff. I’m no pro, but I’m a decent enough pub stomper who spends way too much time reading up on this game and various strats.

• Baseplate says:

What’s your full Origin ID? When I search for “CrazyD” it pulls up a few thousand.

• DelrueOfDetroit says:

Use the first SMG you get, the one that lets you fire from the hip. Camo or the sonar dart are probably your best bet for perks. And the magnetic grenade launcher for your anti-titan. You will get stomped at first but once you get a few perks and learn the maps you’ll do a lot better. I recommend Bounty Hunt the most because it is a lot more predictable where your enemies are going to be. Just focus on fighting the NPCs and don’t worry about how you rank at the end of the match. Set your own goals and have fun learning the ropes.

• crazyd says:

I wouldn’t recommend that kit to a beginner. The best way to get good at this game is to focus on movement, so I’d recommend the EVA-8 shotgun with Grapple or Stim if it’s unlocked. The EVA-8 is beastly, and doesn’t need to be as precise as other guns, so they can focus on movement. And Grapple and Stim will help you to close gaps and work on your movement as well.

Cloak and Pulse Blades are fine tools when you’ve got movement down, but tend to encourage more slow paced, tactical play rather than giving you experience moving. CAR’s not a bad backup choice, but I really think EVA-8’s better for beginners to learn with.

Also, Bounty Hunt is pretty dead on PC, unless you can luck out in Mixtape. Attrition’s the best bet.

• Nauallis says:

EVA-8, pffft. The Spitfire LMG is where it’s at, especially for newbies. You barely have to aim!

Also, I think I have to agree with Delrue that Cloak is better for starting play, especially if you want to be tactical/slow. Recommending Stim to somebody who is already complaining about the game being too fast is kinda backwards.

Also, don’t use frags, starting out. Stick with arc grenades – frags are arguably more powerful but take more skill/intuition to use. Arc grenades blind and damage pilots, kill NPCs, and scramble titan vision.

• DelrueOfDetroit says:

Well if Bounty Hunt is dead then I likely won’t be playing anymore. Why do people like Attrition over Bounty Hunt? They’re the same thing for the most part only Attrition just feels like you’re running around with no actual goals until the game ends.

And yeah, the shotgun is going to be useless on some of the more open maps.

• crazyd says:

The Spitfire is a horrible gun for everyone. It’s not that you don’t need to aim, it’s that you CAN’T aim. Playing tactical and slow is just a way to get murdered by people that know how to move, best off starting out learning how to move than to engrain bad habits that will just get you killed.

I prefer Attrition to Bounty Hunt because Attrition has more of a focus on killing other players, while Bounty Hunt has more of a focus on grunts. Overall, they aren’t much different, though. I don’t really have a problem with either, though I’d take CTF over both. And the shotgun isn’t useless on any map, if you know how to move well, and forcing you to learn how to move well is a good way to get better at all guns.

2. RuySan says:

Is the world only the US and the UK?

Is this to be in line with today’s meeting between Trump & May, and their crazy isolationist tendencies?

Yes, I know, you always did it like this here at RPS, but it’s still annoying.

• Ghostwise says:

Do go ahead and list the good deals in every other country in the world. Nobody ain’t stoppin’ you.

3. geldonyetich says:

Looks like Enter The Gungeon is 50% off on Steam until Monday 10am. I’d been waiting to pounce. Excellent game in the vein of Binding of Isaac.

Something called The Witness is similarly discounted for the same period of time. Quite well received by the players. The screenshots make it look like a lavish walking simulator, but I guess it’s actually more of a 3D puzzle world like The Talos Principle.

• theslap says:

I’m not sure if the comments about The Witness is sarcasm or not but, yes, it is a puzzle game and it is really good. It is made by the same guy who made Braid (Jonathan Blow) although it is very different. It is a relaxing experience and a beautiful game. I highly recommend it.

4. Ghostwise says:

Diablo III remains €40-ish with the DLC.

I’ll admit that with Torchlight, Path of Exile, Marvel Heroes, etc. and very affordable prices (for the free ones you need to buy storage space) it doesn’t entirely make sense for me.

I suppose that there’s enough of a buying public that’ll only consider games from the very largest, most marketing-heavy brands. Maybe.

• Ghostwise says:

€30-ish, my bad.

• welverin says:

Are you PC only? Would you lower yourself to pick up on PS4 or Xbox One, if so I suspected you’d be able to find a physical copy for less if you keep your eyes peeled, particularly during sale heavy seasons.

• TillEulenspiegel says:

Diablo 3 on console is a different game. A pretty good game, but unlike most modern multi-platform titles, it really isn’t interchangeable with the PC version.

Also I’ve played every other highly regarded ARPG of recent years, and while D3 (PC) has plenty of flaws and shortcomings, I’d argue that after the expansion and some patches it’s easily the best of its genre.

5. Kasper says:

XCOM 2 is $12 in the Humble Monthly bundle (which you can cancel at any time), along with some extra mystery games.

• lglethal says:

Was just going to write this as well. True its not the deluxe edition (just the base game, but are the 3 DLC’s really worth it? One looks purely cosmetic, and the other two dont look that amazing. Anyone with experience able to give us an idea?

• bonuswavepilot says:

So… You’ve got yer ‘Anarchy’s Children’ DLC, that’s the purely cosmetic one – it just adds a bunch of whacky clothes and hairstyles and such.

Alien Hunters adds ‘boss alien’ type guys who turn up periodically and are much harder to kill than standard aliens, but also give various marvellous rewards if you manage to get them. Also adds a few unique weapons.

Shen’s Last Gift adds a new soldier class in the form of
        ***SPOILERS I GUESS***
        robot guys. They don’t quite rank up in skills like your other guys do, but you can develop upgrades for them as you go along. It also adds a little bit of story content in the form of a special mission where you first discover the robo-dudes.

I’m still on the fence about how much I like Alien Hunters – the appearance of the boss aliens is pretty random, and I have had competent squads absolutely wrecked by an unexpected encounter with them. That said, it does ratchet up the tension and add a bit of variety.

Re: Shen’s Last Gift – I quite enjoyed the story mission to get the new robo guys, but I haven’t actually found myself using them all that much in preference to my usual soldiers.

Really though – the base game and Long War 2 ought to be enough to occupy many hours of tactical funtimes and swearing at missed 85% shots…

6. DelrueOfDetroit says:

I picked up Resident Evil VII from Gamersgate the other day for 25% off. I also discovered they sell in Canadian dollars! Hurray for my money not going to the Land of the Fr- pffffft HA HA HA HA!

7. Someoldguy says:

Kim is now at 40% on GoG. That’s one title you gave an early look to but not a WIT when it was released. Any plans to see if it’s improved enough to be recommended? Judging by metacritic, practically nobody reviewed it, which seems a bit harsh.

8. RaoulDuke says:

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens Deluxe Edition is here – link to cdkeys.com – for £5.99.