The best PC gaming deals of the week

Oh, look at the time, somehow it’s February. I didn’t notice the time going by since I’ve spent the past week scrambling to find my way out of the creepy house in Resident Evil 7 – or as I like to call it, the Evil Dead game that never was. Either way, we’ve reached the end of another week and as such, there’s a brand new batch of deals and things to check out from the wild wild web. Groovy. Let’s get right to it, shall we?

Yet again, we’re here talking about a Humble Bundle. This time, it’s the Humble ‘Namco Bandai’ Bundle which actually turns out to be one of the bigger bundles seen in recent times. The top tier of this one contains a game that isn’t even out until April too, namely horror platformer thingy Little Nightmares. Really, though, what you want is  that Ace Combat Assault Horizon – if only for the fact that it literally contains a QTE fist pump.

Pay what you want gets you:
Pac-Man 256
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Enslaved Odyssey to the West

Pay more than the average:
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
Project CARS
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst
More games unlocked next week

Pay $15 / £12.01 or more:
Tales of Zestiria
Project CARS On-Demand Pack

Pay $35 / £28.02 or more:
Little Nightmares (pre-order)

Pay what you want for the Humble ‘Bandai Namco Entertainment’ Bundle 2 from Humble Bundle

Meanwhile, elsewhere on Humble, the cogs have turned so that if you sign up to the site’s Humble Monthly service you’ll get a copy of Total War: Warhammer. The Humble Monthly service, in addition to being a nice way to get some extra pennies to charity on a monthly basis, also gets you a stack of Steam games for £10 / $12 each month. Total Warhammer is this month’s sacrificial offering, after which it will switch to a different game. You can also cancel anytime, say the Humblers.

Total War: Warhammer on PC (Steam) for £10 / $12 with Humble Monthly

Mafia 3 does a fairly good job at capturing everything there is to love about the 1960s. Creedance Clearwater Revival, prominent jazz clubs, classic American muscle cars and the ability to throw a molotov cocktail into the middle of a Ku Klux Klan meeting. If you’d like to live out any of those fantasies, you can grab a boxed copy of the game for $20.81 at the moment. This one is US only and exclusive to Prime members, though.

Mafia 3 on PC (boxed) for $20.81 from Amazon US

You’ve just missed the Chinese New Year sale at Green Man Gaming (sorry) but the site is still offering up some lesser deals as part of its regular discounting. These include the aforementioned here’s a few.

Dark Souls III: Season Pass for $21.29
Habitat for $5.24
Guild of Dungeoneering – Deluxe Ice Cream Edition for $11.49
Blitzkrieg 3 for $15.29

With that, we’re done for another week. Keep in mind that deals, prices and availability can change at the drop of a hat, so apologies if you miss out on something you wanted. I’ll be over at Jelly Deals, scouring the world wide web for more deals. Feel free to visit, or follow us on Twitter and give us a like on Facebook.

From this site

1. syllopsium says:

Personally I’m distinctly underwhelmed by the Humble Bundle, the Pacman game is ok, but I’ve already played that for free on an Amazon FireTV.

However, on the next tab along, the Books bundle includes Gaming Hacks ($1) and Retro Gaming Hacks ($15), plus decent items such as BSD Hacks (included in $1). It’s very definitely worth spending a 80p/a dollar.

• Frank says:

Yeah, pretty underwhelming. The only game I want (Little Nightmares) is still full price in the bundle (+$20 over the tier below).

• Ghostwise says:

I strongly suspect that bundles aren’t aimed toward people with an extensive collection of games.

But rather toward the bulk of the Steam owners who have a remarkably low number of games on their account and would be the sort to be interested in “value pack” supermarket-style offers, especially since the bundles are curated.

(Well, “remarkably low number of games” by my own standards, though I’m very far from the worst offenders in that regard.)

• Det. Bullock says:

Quite good for me, I always wanted to try Ace Combat and Enslaved seems the classic good enough game (TM) so it doesn’t hurt. Thoroughly uninterested in the other tiers though.

• Nerdy Suit says:

I highly recommend Enslaved. I recently played it just a couple of months ago and it’s still a fantastic experience. I wasn’t sure what to expect going into it, so I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

2. Banks says:

Total Warhammer at 10 quid is a pretty great deal. I couldn’t resist.

3. zulnam says:

That moment when you just bought TW:W last month for 30£ only to find out they’re giving it next month on a service you’re already subscribed for.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

• Someoldguy says:

I have to admit I’m baffled on that one. How badly do sales have to have tanked for the game to be stuffed into a £12 for the whole bundle deal just 8 months after release?

On the flip side, I recommend anyone interested in Blitzkreig 3 look very carefully at it before spending money. It is very different to 1&2 and mired in early release hell so tread with caution.

• Catterbatter says:

Doom 1 was 50% off after three months, and the new Deus Ex is 70% off on Steam right now, six months in. They’ve both sold very well. I think we’re looking at the new normal. I don’t get it, but as a patient person I’m not about to complain. If I had to guess, I’d say it’s about recouping development costs as quickly as possible to roll over to the next big thing.

• vorador says:

The new Deus Ex bombed hard. To the point that they’ve put the franchise on hold, and the studio is right now busy with the new Tomb Raider.

I think that with DOOM they wanted people to buy the DLC so they made regular sales of the base game. Don’t know how well that worked since the multiplayer AFAIK never attracted many people, and the DLC was all about the multiplayer.

• Hardlylikely says:

A bit late, but has anyone got a link re: DE:MD bombing? I thought it had a rough release, but to say it bombed after the first was so successful…what a shame.

• Archonsod says:

“How badly do sales have to have tanked for the game to be stuffed into a £12 for the whole bundle deal just 8 months after release?”

I suspect it’s more of a ‘schedule the first expandalone for 12 months after release” thing.

• Wings says:

In regard to TW:WH’s price for the humble sub my assumption is that it is bait. Humble would want something first month in to make people think ‘damn that’s value’. Grow the service numbers fast. It would also set a value precedent in people’s mind.

• ButteringSundays says:

I’m confused by this comment. You realise that monthly has been a service for nearly a year now? They’re all fantastic value, this isn’t an anomaly.

• Agnosticus says:

You’re mistaken: Total Warhammer itself is the bait for it’s aggressive DLC policy.

• Ghostwise says:

Yeah. Sometimes a bundle like this catches my interest, then I realise that if I like one of these games I’ll end up having to… rebuy it later as a separate GOTY-style offer because I’d enjoy the DLCs.

• LennyLeonardo says:

IIRC, Humble are all billionaire philanthropists who sell games cheap for the betterment of Mankind, like all companies that run sales promotions. Profit doesn’t even enter their minds.

• Jalan says:

Looking at the prices on the DLC for the game, it seems clear they expect people to enjoy it enough to cough up the money for those to offset the “nibble of the carrot” pricing on the base game.

• AngoraFish says:

Exactly this.

The Humble Monthly has a history of including games with new DLC and/or with an expansion due just around the corner.

Sure, the thinking likely goes, the main game is now discounted in stores anyhow, so let’s get as many people into it while the DLC gravy train is still rolling on but before the inevitable “GOTY” all-DLC included edition comes out.

• ButteringSundays says:

The monthly sub isn’t like the bundles. It’s not just a collection of cheap aging games, you tend to get some pretty good games.

Last month I got my money’s worth from xcom 2 alone, but it still came with games like Abzu and Steamworld Heist.

So I wouldn’t read anything into it.

• Viral Frog says:

I can’t say for certain (I don’t really want to spend time tracking down TW:WH sales numbers), but I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with the sales numbers. My guess is more that they’re thinking, “we give the base game out for a ridiculously low prioe and then watch as people hoover up our full priced DLC.” Smart sales tactic, really.

4. BiscuitP1mp says:

I highly recommend Enslaved. Great story, and the relationship between the main characters really had the feels going for me.

It’s based on Journey to the West, also know as Monkey Magic, Monkey King etc.

zapatapon says:

I concur and warmly recommend Enslaved. Unoriginal but highly enjoyable gameplay, pretty stupid story (opinions tends to differ on that point), totally redeemed by the excellent writing and the character dynamics.

It’s not every day that you see a videogame riffing on the themes of menage a trois and occasional gross humor without falling appallingly flat on its arse, on the contrary feeling refreshing, funny and clever for it.

• jj2112 says:

Yes, a very enjoyable game which I finished not a month ago. Top voice acting by Andy Serkis and the story is ok, I kept thinking it reminded me of something until I remembered Dragon Ball’s based on the same story too.

• Darth Gangrel says:

I jumped on the opportunity to get Enslaved for a single dollar, partially based on the recommendations from the RPS community in articles like that one where they’re “celebrating 7/10 games” (of which several seem better than 7/10).

• jj2112 says:

Yes, now I’m playing Bulletstorm and I think it deserves more than a 7 too.

5. poliovaccine says:

“The more you spend, the more you save!”

Hey so which game is that in the main pic for the article? I wouldnt mind chasing some puny humans thru a jungle w a giant robot. Or be chased by one, either way, what is that?

6. ButteringSundays says:

Of all the humans in the world capable of listing games that are on sale, we couldn’t find one capable of doing so in GBP?

• aerozol says:

Or NZD??? It’s an outrage!

• Landiss says:

Of all the humans capable to calculate the price in their currency in their own heads, we had to get the one who can’t in the comments?

• Viral Frog says:

You know you can easily enter “X USD in GBP” into Google and have your price almost instantly, right?

(1 GBP = 1.25 USD)

• sneetch says:

Going to the site will give you your regional currency, including taxes etc.

If it’s available there, that is, it isn’t always.

Edit: bit of a misreply here, dash meant for ButteringSundays.

7. SkyCry says:

S**t, I’ve been waiting for a sale like that for Mafia III for a while, shame it’s only for US.

8. Freud says:

Is a 15% discount on Dark Souls 3 season pass worthy of mention in a sales of the week article?

9. falchieyan says:

The new Deus Ex: Manking Divided is also marked down to $18 on Steam this weekend, if you haven’t picked it up already.

10. bill says:

Namco Bandai bundles = region locked in Japan because we can’t let Japanese gamers have cheap things or they might realise how much we’re ripping them off the rest of the time.

Comment on this story