Best PC gaming deals of the week

While the rest of the internet is all in a bit of a kerfuffle over some new console, we’re here one more time to check out a whole host of PC gaming discounts, offers and otherwise nicey nice things. Let’s begin, shall we? As usual, we’ve got deals that’ll work in the UK, deals that’ll work in the US and some deals that will work in both the UK and US, as well as presumably many other places.

UK & US Deals

This weekend, the slightly manic faux-ninja puzzle platformer that is N++ (which, incidentally is incredibly difficult to Google) is down to its lowest ever price over on Steam. For the next day or two, you can pick the game up for £5.49 / $7.49.

N++ for £5.49 / $7.49 from Steam

Speaking of slightly manic games, the manga-tastic God Eater 2: Rage Burst is on offer on Steam with 60% off at the moment, bringing the price down to £15.99 / $19.99 for a limited time. If high-octane anime styled hack and slash madness is your kind of thing, it’s probably worth checking this one out. As a nice little bonus, you’ll get a copy of the original God Eater as well when you buy.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst for £15.99 / $19.99 from Steam

Yet another weekend deal. This time on the Steam Link and Controller which I will diplomatically call ‘divisive’. However you land opinion-wise on either of these fancy Valve-made devices, you can pick either of them up with an extra discount this weekend. In the UK, GAME is offering up the Steam Controller for £27.99 and the Steam Link for £15.99 until March 1st. In the US, you can grab a Link for $20, a Controller for $35 or a bundle of the two for $55 while stock lasts.

In the UK:
Steam Link for £15.99
Steam Controller for £27.99

In the US:
Steam Link for $19.99 (out of stock at time of writing but available to order)
Steam Controller for $34.99
Steam Link and Controller bundle for $54.98

Hey, that Mass Effect Andromeda game is out in a matter of weeks and with the recent announcement of potentially habitable planets a few light years away, EA probably couldn’t have asked for a better marketing tie-in. If all this has made you space-mad again, you may want to pick up the Mass Effect Trilogy as an Origin key for £8.49 / $10.56 / €9.99.

Mass Effect Trilogy on PC (Origin) for £8.49 / $10.56 / €9.99 from Games Planet

UK Deals

Hitman, one of this writer’s definite favourite games of last year, finished up its season recently and made its way onto store shelves in a fancy boxed steelbook form. If that sounds like your kind of thing and you don’t already own Hitman yet, you can grab a copy from Amazon UK currently with an extra discount – down to £26.95.

Hitman Complete First Season Steelbook Edition on PC for £26.95 from Amazon UK

If that initial Battlefield 1 trailer featuring a remixed White Stripes song didn’t seal the deal for you, perhaps a bit of a discount with do it. It’s currently available in an ultimately redundant code-in-a-box format for £27.99.

Battlefield 1 on PC (code-in-a-box) for £27.99 from Amazon UK

Why let Nintendo Switch owners have all the cow milking fun when you can grab a copy of Farming Simulator 17 and get in on the action yourself? It’s currently on offer over at Amazon UK, down to £17.14.

Farming Simulator 17 on PC (boxed) for £17.14 from Amazon UK

US Deals

In terms of gaming mice/mouses/meeces, Logitech has made a bit of a name for itself over the past few years. The G602 is a wireless gaming mouse and one of the company’s most highly-regarded PC peripheral thingys. It’s currently reduced on Amazon US, down to $39.99 right now.

Logitech G602 wireless gaming mouse for $39.99 from Amazon US

In some universe out there, you never bought a copy of Bioshock Infinite and never played that game to completion. If that universe happens to be the one you currently exist in, you can fix that with a $6 Steam key from Amazon US today.

Bioshock Infinite on PC (Steam) for $5.99 from Amazon US

With that, we’re done for another week. Keep in mind that deals, prices and availability can change at the drop of a hat, so apologies if you miss out on something you wanted. I’ll be over at Jelly Deals, scouring the world wide web for more deals. Feel free to visit, or follow us on Twitter and give us a like on Facebook.

From this site

1. Raoul Duke says:

I have the G602, it’s absolutely superb. I prefer it to my Razer Deathadder and a Steelseries mouse I have.

• Menthalion says:

That’s because most Razer and Steelseries mice have sub-par laser sensors. Their top models actually have pretty good sensors, the rest of them are meant to maximize profits for people that don’t look further than a brand name.

At least the G602 has a few extra buttons to justify selling old sensors with inherent tracking problems at a premium. Still a bit of a con, albeit a lesser one than Razer and SS.

The only good mouse from Razer is the DA, from SS the Rival 300, from Kone the Pure Optical / 2017. Logitech has the G 403 and the G Pro as top line mice, as well as the best value mice ever: the G102 (Asia) a.k.a. G203 (West). The G 303 is still good value for money if you like the shape.

particlese says:

And I prefer my G602 to Logitech’s own Performance and Anywhere MXes, aside from the free-spinning wheel mode that’s available with the latter two.

The extra buttons are okay, but what I especially like is that – at least for games, and Devil Daggers most of all – the movement feels more…predictable? Can’t quite put my finger on it, but I don’t think it’s anything to do with being used to the G602 since I use all three mice almost daily.

2. Bull0 says:

I still want a code in a box if thats the best boxed option on the table. I hate forking over £40 for a game and not even having a pretty box to show for it. I do appreciate the pointlessness of it and the wasted resources shipping meaningless boxes around the globe, but fuck it, it’s my money, and the publishers clearly aren’t passing the saving on to me, so they can give me a fucking box and they can fucking like it. Raar.

phuzz says:

Perennial reminder: The Mass Effect trilogy doesn’t include the DLC, which has never been discounted, so look forward to paying about £50-60 to buy the DLC for £9 worth of games.

• TheMightyEthan says:

There are so many times I would have bought the trilogy if this weren’t the case.

• CMaster says:

There’s plenty of game there without the DLC.

BUt yes, to say that there’s actually some key story stuff in DLC, the fact there’s never been a “complete edition” is bizzare.

• brucethemoose says:

Equally bizzarre are the multiplayer updates that Bioware packages as free DLC. Which has the nasty consequence of fragmenting the playerbase, as it’s kind of hidden in Origin’s GUI.

• welverin says:

Digitally, yeah it is weird, but these things are probably still driven by physical stores and if they aren’t interested in selling it there’s little incentive to make an all in one version.

In regards to brucethemoose’s comment on the MP dlc, I don’t think it really fragmentized the player base since it was just additional maps, characters, and weapons(?). I and the people I played with just left the map set to random, so unless the rest of the player base made a point of specifically selecting new maps people without the dlc would still have plenty of people to play with.

• brucethemoose says:

You can skip some of the DLC and still get a coherent story. Shadowbroker and Arrival in 2, and Citadel and Leviathan in 3 are all you absolutely need…

It would cause me physical pain to play without the rest, but new players won’t know what they’re missing.

• welverin says:

I’d say even a new player wouldn’t miss those.

• walrus1 says:

I’d say you can skip all the DLC and still get a fairly good idea of what’s going on. At least I haven’t been confused during my multiple playthroughs.

I decided when they came out not to buy the DLC until it went on sale. Now, I can’t bring myself to pay full price for 7 and 5-year-old DLC.

• MasterPrudent says:

Eh, I don’t think any of it’s actually required for story purposes. For fun purposes all you need is Shadowbroker, Citadel and From Ashes

• aircool says:

Just cough up £3.99 for a months Origin Access and play the all inclusive editions, along with some other games as well…

• jonahcutter says:

Actually, I just checked Origin Access and the only ones listed are the Digital Deluxe Editions for ME 2 and 3, and what appears to be standard ME 1. I’m not sure if there even is any special edition for 1.

The Digital Deluxe Editions of the 2 and 3 include some of the preorder bonuses and DLC, but not close to all of the DLC.

Origin Access is a great deal if you haven’t played the games on it. And there are quite a few excellent ones. But the ME games listed on it don’t appear to be “all inclusive”.

• lglethal says:

Digital Deluxe Edition of ME2 just gives you the Cerberus pass (a few smaller missions and gear). Doesnt give you Lair of the Shadow Broker or Arrival (pretty important pieces of Lore in both).

Digital Deluxe Edition of ME3 only gives you For Ashes DLC.

So Digital Deluxe Editions are not the answer…

• Optimaximal says:

Is the DLC still locked behind that stupid Bioware Social Network, with it’s fake Bioware Points stuff, or was it pulled out into Origin as a direct purchase?

• jonahcutter says:

There are links from the Origin client on the ME pages for buying Bioware points, but no direct links for buying the DLC itself directly from Origin. None that I can see anyway.

So, same old crappy system for selling the DLC apparently. And I believe Bioware points have gone only gone on sale once or twice in their entire existence.

• Darth Gangrel says:

Yeah, this whole never-on-sale-only-Bioware-Points-purchasable DLC thing has put ME 2 (have to install Origin to ME3) further down my planned Steam sale purchase list. I loved ME1 so I’m not gonna deny myself ME2 out of principle, I’m just gonna wait a little longer before I add it to the backlog.

4. lglethal says:

I’m still waiting on someone in games journalism to ask Bioware about the lack of sales on ME DLC. Now that ME:A is coming out it would seem to be a great time to do it, you know just slip in a question like: “So considering that Mass Effect DLC’s have never been on sale for PC, can PC Gamers expect to have to pay upwards of €100 for the full game and DLC for ME:A?” It would be lovely to watch them try and squirm out of answering that question…

Unfortunately, it wont happen… :(

• malkav11 says:

Dragon Age Inquisition has seen sales on DLC and a bundled GOTY edition that’s gone on sale repeatedly (more so than the individual DLC but that seems like a common, if unwelcome, approach these days), so I am hopeful that Andromeda will follow suit.

5. Ejia says:

To this day the way links to the actual item are at the end of the blurb instead of just before the picture still confuse me.

lasikbear says:

Didn’t they even do it the right way a week or two ago?

• Otterley says:

The layout is truly abhorrent annoying, I consistently get confused by it :/
      Do you remember the good old days where you could just duel the person responsible? Everything goes back to normal or you die, but either way the annoyance is over.

6. aircool says:

New console?

Addie says:

I got my steam controller back when they were discounted for xcom2, which was a strange bundle since it’s a dreadful game to try and play with it, especially the ‘built-in’ settings which are completely bizarre. But I’ve finally gotten used to the thing (especially with the software updates since), and now use it for preference for most ‘controller games’ over my x360 pad, which now lives on the raspberry pi. Comes into its own with slightly wonky games like MGS2, where you can leave the (many) key-bindings alone and just bind them on the pad, and for eg. Dark Souls, where a couple of extra buttons makes jumping *much* easier.

Configuration software could be *much* better though. The Steam ‘big picture’ adjustment is fiddly and opaque, and having to open non-steam games through a shortcut to be able to configure them is a faff. Something like joy2key, which applies settings based on the name of the application window selected, would be much better, but j2k doesn’t work with the controller.

Anyway: anyone have experience with the Steam Link? Was considering one for augmentation of my pi, which currently runs a retropie full of party games for on the big telly. Does the Link work with multiple controllers easily enough?

8. timmyvos says:

Hmmm, I don’t know if it’s just me, but for some reason the Battlefield 1 deal on Amazon seems to have a huge delay in shipping. Apparently it ‘usually ships within 1 to 2 months’. I mean I kinda wanna buy it, but not when I have to wait 2 months for a damn code, anyone have any idea what’s going on?

9. Fiercebones says:

You can still get Total War: Warhammer: Total HammerWar for $12 by signing up for Humble Monthly link to humblebundle.com

You can unsub at any time, so you can get all the HammerWar for the price of 1 month’s membership. Think it’s good til Tuesday, when they’ll be switching out what you get.

10. Booker says:

N++ was in a humble bundle last month and I didn’t pay as much for the whole bundle, which obviously included several other good games. I know, of little use for people who didn’t get that, but that hardly makes this offer “the lowest price ever”.

11. Bobtree says:

Battleborn with everything is $10 on Amazon, or $6 each for the game and season pass separately.

Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation is $20 on Steam.

12. zBeeble says:

I know that there’s many RPS readers that are loosing out in these posts, but being Canadian, I feel particularly put-out. The deals are _so_ close. Amazon seems a particularly bad retailer, for example. They don’t seem to offer deals in Canada that they have in the states _and_ they are particularly difficult to order from across the border. Sigh. I’d particularly like to get a steam link and controller.

13. fabronaut says:

As a fellow Canuck, I feel your pain. I’ve even tried using third party brokerage services, but then I get killed in shipping and duties anyhow, to the point that it’s not even worth it.

Might still get a buddy to buy me the mouse and ship it here as a gift anyway. I miss my old wireless G700, which took a fall and was never the same again. Not paying $100 to replace it when it still tracked okay but the buttons randomly stopped working after a good whack on the floor?

Comment on this story