Adventure with the RPS community in Guild Wars 2 on Saturday

A group of RPS readers are embarking upon a merry tour of Guild Wars 2 this weekend, and you’re all invited – no purchase necessary. The folks of Rock, Paper, Signet are visiting the American servers for the first time for a whistlestop ‘Fresh Start’ tour of each race’s starting zone. Expect adventure, action, and plenty of larking about. Focusing on the starting zones means all and sundry can join in with only the free version of Guild Wars 2. Here, see some of there adventures from the last tour in this trailer by community member ‘Ravbek’:

As the forum thread explains, the adventure will start at 21:00 GMT on Saturday, March 11th and they’ll be gabbing on the community Discord server. ‘Krathor’ says:

“Like the Fresh Start event we hosted on EU servers way back in December 2015, this will be based around all the awesome things found in the starting areas, skipping over all the boring stuff and focusing on nice event chains, mini-dungeons, jumping puzzles and world bosses. If you’ve wanted to roll on NA for a while but haven’t had the opportunity, or wish to avoid the grind of playing somewhat solo, here’s a good opportunity to create a new one and breeze through the early levels.”

Do also read his fine article on the joys of playing with communities.

This poster by ‘RebelMaren’ has more details on Saturday’s who, what, when, where, how, and why:

From this site

1. Sakkura says:

Oh god, the jumping puzzles. I remember that.

• Viral Frog says:

I remember rage quitting after multiple attempts on a few of those. :P

Wish I could attend this little RPS get together but alas, prior commitments.

• Scott says:

The jumping puzzles are usually good fun in huge groups. They start chaotic, but there’s generally a few mesmers who make it to the end who portal up those who don’t want to run with the crowd themselves.

Syt says:

I wanted to play GW2 the other day, but I’ve forgotten my log in because I haven’t played in years. Getting my password required finding my original email with order confirmation (or serial number?) which I couldn’t find anymore, so I guess that’s that.

3. Jokerme says:

Jeez, first screenshot reminded me why I hate MMOs.

• caerphoto says:

Jeez, first screenshot reminded me why I hate MMOs.

Why?

• Scott says:

Some love that, some hate it.

Not sure why it reminded you why you hate MMOs. However, it’s not even close to the largest number of people we’ve had at an event.

This was from we hosted a Stream Watching Party for when the expansion was announced:

link to i.imgur.com

4. Scott says:

As Krathor, I’d like to say thanks to Alice for posting about this. We really mean it when we say anyone’s welcome… so long as you’re nice.

A few people have contacted me ahead of Saturday to get invites to the guild – which is recommended if you intend to come on a trial account.

5. GemFire81 says:

Adventure in GW2? GW1 had adventuring, not GW2.

6. smokiespliff says: