What are we all playing this weekend?

Introductions are for people who remember them, not those who realise an hour later that they forgot and have to whack one in.

What are you playing this weekend? Here’s what we’re clicking on.

Adam: I’m finishing Nier: Automata, which involves finishing Nier: Automata (as I already have) and then continuing to play Nier: Automata because the end is not the end. It’s a work thing, because I’m writing the review, but this is one of those occasions when work is a clear pleasure. Odd, consistently interesting, and delightfully unpredictable, Automata seems like a very good thing indeed.
Alec: I am playing GOING ON HOLIDAY, although the concept of ‘holiday’ is radically redefined by the fact that I will by accompanied on this trip by my three-year-old child. Should a fortuitous nap occur on the plane, I have an old iPad equipped with the newly tabletised Sunless Sea.
Alice: Ah, jeez. Get my Isaac dailies in, natch. Finish Night in the Woods? Explore snowy ’70s Canada in Kona? Mash robots and ride moose in Nier: Automata? Pow pow bang bang in Furious Angels? Cosmic Express, Infra, the end of Oikospiel… I don’t know, chummos. Video games!
Brendan: I’m playing nothing this weekend because I am going to Nicaragua. By the time you read this I will be elbow deep in a St Patrick’s Day hangover, sitting at some Soda in Managua wearing sunglasses and shorts and a deep frown, eating rice and beans as slowly as possible and trying desperately not to vom. Pray for me.
Graham: I will be spending this weekend partly on a plane, flying north to visit family for the first time with my kid in tow. It’s not our first time flying with the nipper and so I am resigned now to the possibility of ear pressure cries, to the impossibility of nap schedules, and – since I live on an island – the percentage chance that fog will stop us from coming home and trap us in Southampton.
John: This weekend I will be playing Mass Effect Andromeda, and only Mass Effect Andromeda, as I have been every waking hour this week, because it is 329020972 hours long.

I will be WISHING I were playing Nier, and the beta version of Jim’s new one, Tolva.

Philippa: This weekend I will be playing “Going into town to see if the orange jumper I saw online is the right kind of orange and maybe owning a new orange jumper if it is.” I might also fit in a few rounds of “Reading a book I picked up called Other Minds: The Octopus And The Evolution Of Intelligent Life”. Punctuating this I have some rather more-ish word games on my mobile telephone and Breath of the Wild awaiting me in the living room.

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

1. caff says:

Been playing quite a lot of Death Road to Canada. Good times.

I fancy trying some other roguelikes, any tips?

Andy_Panthro says:

I have also been playing Death Road To Canada. Last night, after multiple attempts, I made it to within ONE HOUR of Canada before being consumed by zombies. So frustrating.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

You would have immediately been consumed by a swarm of mosquitoes so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

2. I Dont Know says:

Unexplored – a joyous rogue-like romp deserving of much love

Iamblichos says:

Yes, Unexplored indeed! It’s become my favorite “play 15 minutes” game (since I can’t stay alive very long).

3. Stone_Crow says:

Streets of Rogue, which I’m strangely addicted to even in it’s present EA state. Waiting for Andromeda to unlock and hoping the Bioware elves are working on the Day 1 patch it sounds like it could do with (Not put off by the DA:I comparisons because I quite like busy work in games to be honest. I enjoyed DA:2 as well though so there is clearly something wrong with me ;O).

4. OpT1mUs says:

John Tiller’s Squad Battles – Eagles Strike, I hear it’s all the rage atm

5. mashkeyboardgetusername says:

Given it’s just become F2P, I shall most likely be giving that Eternal Crusade malarkey a try. Given I am actually not that great at online faceshooters, this may or may not go well.

Andy_Panthro says:

Death Road To Canada, Black Mesa (which runs terribly for some reason), Dragon’s Dogma, Dishonored 2, Stardew Valley, Blood & Gold: Carribean! and Minecraft are my recently played games which will probably get a look in this weekend.

That and watching Iron Fist, which has been ok so far but for a show about martial arts the fight scenes leave a lot to be desired.

7. keefybabe says:

Dark Souls still.. Anor Londo is next to fall.

8. Neoheresy says:

I will try to split my gaming time between ME Andromeda 10-hour trial and GR Wildlands.

• fiendling says:

This is a carbon copy of my gaming weekend.

What are your thoughts on Mass Effect Andromeda currently?

9. Chawarma says:

I’ve just discovered Salt and Sanctuary and i can’t stop playing it

10. GameCat says:

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed – I have only 25 stars left to unlock everything. It’s gonna be tough.

• mabeo says:

Only 25 stars left? Impressive, that game is hard.

• GameCat says:

Well, I’ve played it for 43 hours according to Steam and I’ve started it 1-2 years ago. :d

With enough determination you can eventually finish it.

• mabeo says:

After reading your answer I put another 2hrs in, and went from 146 to 159.:)

Ninja Dodo says:

I’m playing watching all the GDC talks from 2015 and older that are now free on GDC Vault, plus some newer ones: link to gdcvault.com

Also Mankind Divided. It’s good. Very Deus Ex and Vampire Bloodlines. Enjoying it.

12. Integer says:

Will try and sink as many hours into Nier as possible. I’m lucky enough not to experience most performance issues people are having, and didn’t even notice it runs at 900p at fullscreen instead of 1080. Don’t care, the game has got me dragged in. Need moar.

13. Herzog says:

My new projector setup is up and running. Ori and the Blind Forest for me this weekend. Maybe also continue with Metro Last Light.

• TZQ92 says:

I absolutely loved Ori and the Blind Forest. I played it in December of 2015 and it lifted my spirits up because I was going through some rough patches at work. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a great platformer, more than decent story and really pretty visuals. My girlfriend watched while I played (she ain’t much of a gamer) and she was enthralled by the whole thing, just as an FYI for other people that are looking for thins kind of thing. :D

On the same agenda, at least for me, I recommend: Inside, Unravel, Firewatch, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, and Dear Esther.

Grizzly says:

I’m continuing my stint of “Finishing all the codemasters games in my library before Dirt 4 comes out”. Right now, the contender is Dirt 3! I never really got into it back in the day, partly because of the dudebro stuff but mainly because of the rather shoddy GFWL implementation, which is now resolved since they moved the game into Steamworks. The game does become a bit quieter in the later stages (esp. when you’ve already finished the “main plot”), and now going trough the final World Tours is great stuff.

Der Zeitgeist says:

I’m playing the trial of Mass Effect: Andromeda. I’m about four hours in. Hoping it gets better. Please. Don’t let it end like this. Not like this.

• fiendling says:

I found it really helped my enjoyment when I stopped thinking about it as a Mass Effect game at all.

• redhqs says:

In my head it’s “mass effect: the young adult novel”, and that explains why clueless children are entrusted with the fate of the system… and I’m almost ok with that.

Unlocked the krogan vanguard in the multiplayer: jump pack, charge and nova is a *lot* of fun.

Der Zeitgeist says:

It’s really hard. I really like the premise of the game, and I think I would like the core game loop of questing on these open world planets to improve viability, then unlocking further Nexus upgrades and so on.

I could deal with broken animations. I could deal with occasional cringeworthy dialogue. I could deal with missing quicksave. I could deal with the shitty UI. I could deal with uninteresting characters. I could deal with being unable to command my squad.

But I’m not sure I’ll be able to deal with all of that at once. For me it’s really the question, if the early hours of this trial are representative of the complete game. I hope the reviews next week will shed some light on that.

• fiendling says:

I think I’m probably going to hold out for the GOTY edition on a sale. Most of the egregious bugs should be patched out by then.

I have more than enough exceptional games in my backlog that I can afford to wait a year or so.

• fiendling says:

I haven’t tried the multiplayer yet but that sounds very promising indeed. Is it as good as the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?

I found Mass Effect 3 as a whole pretty Meh (the ending not only terrible but also contradicting the established game lore) with the exception of the Genophage quest and the multiplayer which were both fantastic. I spent around 60 hours on the game and probably 250-300 on the multiplayer.

• redhqs says:

I don’t want to overhype it but after my 10 hours was up I reinstalled me3 to remind myself what the multiplayer was like (lots of other people seemed to have the same idea btw).

It’s basically the same as the me3 multiplayer but feels a bit faster and there’s a little more verticality in the maps you can use because of the jump. I liked it, anyway – but a lot of that might have come down to the krogan, apparently I just don’t get tired of headbutting everything in sight and bellowing along with him (oh yeah sync kills are definitely still a thing, but the new mp feels a lot more mobile).

• fiendling says:

@redhqs Thanks, that sounds right up my alley. I have about 4 hours left of the 10 hour trial so a bit of multiplayer should be perfect for using up the remaining time.

• Frosty_2.0 says:

It’s pretty good, the action is packed into to 7 waves now, with completion times seeming about the same as ME3.
            And everybody effectively has Biotic Dodge now (one of my favourite things with ME3’s Asari Valkyrie & Annihilation) with Andromeda’s Jump Packs and the mentioned verticality.
            – Networking was OK, a few issues here and there but approx 80% fine in my trial, not much worse than things we still see in ME3 actually.

Getting really annoyed with default Open Mics though, I gotta mute at least 1-2 people every single match hah!

Niggles:
            – The UI, Ability Trees even show less info (derived stats) onscreen than ME3 when upgrading lol.
            – The Biotic Combo effects don’t feel as good to me, up close with Annihilation you just kinda see the blue cloud (with “BIOTIC COMBO” ;) ) whereas in ME3 you’d get that shockwave and satisfying bassy implosion sound. Other combos don’t seem as satisfying either but maybe I just need to see them in action more.
            – MP movement & mantling doesn’t feel as smooth/responsive as SP, even a little latency could make the difference I guess, and particularly player collision.

@redhqs: A fair amount of people still play ME3 Co-op in general, I was playing regularly again the past few months and you can always find a playable match. Even though ME3’s matchmaking was always kinda crap, with very loose rules on what “Playable Latency” is ;-)

• Unsheep says:

I see it as an open-world action-adventure game first and foremost. To me that’s the main appeal of the game. Its link to the Mass Effect universe is of little importance to me.

So in my mind I’ve already placed the game together with titles like Just Cause, GTA, Watchdogs 2, Red Dead Redemption, Sleeping Dogs, Zero Dawn etc. That style of game.

• fiendling says:

This is probably the best way to approach Andromeda, much less likely to be disappointed.

• Zenicetus says:

I guess I’ll approach it that way too. Then if there is an actual main story line that’s well-written, or character interactions that can carry the game, it will come as a pleasant surprise.

I’ve already written off the shoddy animations and can look past that, I think. Maybe. I do want to see what they’ve done with it, and I’m not going to wait for better animations because I doubt it will happen. And if it does, it will be months from now.

16. ikazrima says:

NOT Nier Automata since Squenix is not selling it in my country ಠ益ಠ

17. zauberkraut says:

Blackwake! Arr!

18. fiendling says:

I will be playing Ghost Recon Wildlands with 2 mates with some Mass Effect Andromeda trial mixed in.

I only downloaded the Andromeda trial last night so I have a nice 2 day lag over everyone else. This is very fortunate indeed since the current furore around Andromeda had demolished my fairly high expectations entirely, so, with my newly squished expectations, I am actually finding it quite enjoyable.

I won’t be buying it now but would definitely pick it up in a future sale. It is a solid 7 to 7.5 out of 10 game.

Edit: I guess it is not a very good sign that I would rather play Wildlands than Andromeda currently.

19. wcq says:

Still not done with Zelda, and probably won’t be for weeks. I think I’ve just about explored a quarter of the map now… probably?

20. LennyLeonardo says:

I will continue to cement my betrayal by playing some more Horizon Zero Dawn if I have time. It’s not perfect by any stretch, but its world speaks to me in a way that open worlds in games rarely do. It reminds me of the way I felt exploring the first 2 Fallouts, oddly enough.

21. Agnosticus says:

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam beta! YESSS! The key finally found it’s way to me :)
    It seems to be quite nice so far, but it’ll need a terrible lot of polish still, hoping it won’t leave beta soon.

Also the regular R6:Siege + Rocket League

22. Dekion says:

Just finished obduction. Very clever and lots of satisfying aah moments. Maybe they could have signposted the bad ending more clearly or maybe I’m just stupid. Playing new Vegas now. At first I was thinking this is really ugly (spoiled by witcher 3) but after a couple of hours the quality of the design just shone through. I’ve not played the dlc before so looking forward to that. I really really enjoyed nier on PS3 (emil!) so maybe automata next.

particlese says:

Ooo, good to hear that about Obduction. It’s in my queue, and it’s always nice to know what can safely cut in line when I’m in the mood.

23. Guran says:

I will play episode 3 of The Lion’s Song this weekend. This episode will be about a mathematician and the challenges she faces in Vienna in the early 20th century. If you enjoy the free first episode I can really recommend getting the season pass. I found the second episode even better than the first!

• bobmeier says:

I heard about The Lion’s Song a long time ago – sounded interesting, but completely forgot about it in the meantime! Thanks for bringing it up, I played through all three episodes now, what a charming title! Each chapter is rather short, but the unique art and soundtrack really make for a pleasant experience!

• Guran says:

I totally agree. You already mentioned the art and music but I also find the writing to be exceptional. The characters feel very human and reading the conversations between Wilma and Leos for example is a real joy.

24. Vandelay says:

Zelda and Dark Souls 3 shall be my main plays this weekend (in between getting fed up with England completing their boring and inevitable grand slam and wondering how much more exciting this weekend would of been if Wales had of got a win in the England game that they should of won.)

I’ve mostly just been wandering in Zelda, so want to focus on actually trying to achieve something. I normally get distracted in open world games and end up growing tired of them before having done much and I want to try avoid that here, so it will be going after those Divine Beasts on the agenda. Just done the opening section of the big mechanical elephant and now gone inside it. Nice change of pace to the slower open world aspect, although it also makes me wish that some more of the classic dungeons had of been included. The shrines are a lot of fun, but those on a larger scale do feel missing.

I’ve gone back to DS3 recently too. I hadn’t played the DLC and wanted to be prepared for the final bit releasing next week. Having recently replayed the first game, I am actually stuck by a) how good DS3 is and b) how difficult it is. 1 will always hold a special place for me, but 3 does seem to be the most refined and consistently good iteration of Dark Souls (still think Bloodbourne is the best from the studio though.) I hadn’t played it since my initial play on release, but I am enjoying it much more this time around.

It really is incredibly hard though, more so than the first game, which didn’t throw up too many stumbling blocks for me on my last play (mostly shieldless too,) besides a couple of bosses. Here you are thrown right into the deep end and the first boss, encounters within minutes of starting the game, is by far the hardest of the opening bosses in any of the Souls games. I recall the opening being much easier for the knight class, so it might be my pick of a sorcerer class, but it still throws tanky characters at you quite consistently in the opening hours.

I’ve dipped my toes into the first DLC and ended up running away from most enemies. The knights aren’t too bad, but the wolves in packs are horrific and the large armoured chaps hit really hard. Decided to duck out of it for a bit and try to get a few more levels before going back in. Started the fight against The Watchers, which went really well on my first attempt, perhaps only one hit from victory. Subsequent attempts saw me getting annihilated.

• fish99 says:

Dark Souls 3 was pretty challenging in my first playthrough as a dex build, 2-handing a katana (i.e. no shield/no summoning). Sulyvahn, Friede, Nameless King, Champion Gundyr, and Dancer too to some extent, were tough and took a number of hours.

My 2nd playthrough as a pyro though, the game was very straight forward. I could do just as much melee damage as my dex-build with a fire imbued axe, and really hard bosses just melted in seconds under a rain of great chaos fireballs. They never have been able to balance these games.

• Shinard says:

Not sure they ever tried to balance them. Check out Extra Credits’ video on Dark Souls 2 – basically, they argue that the different equipment loadouts aren’t alternate play styles, they’re hidden difficulty options. If someone wants to power through just for the content, they can use magic, if someone else likes the challenge they can use a dex build.

• fish99 says:

Yeah I know, Extra Credits wasn’t the first person to notice this, and it goes all the way back to Demon’s Souls, where again magic was easier. Even the fact that the games are RPGs gives the player the option to grind up levels and make a boss easier.

25. Kaeoschassis says:

Distant World: Universe for me. Still. I should probably just not bother commenting on here anymore…

Also Iji, though. The 1.7 patch finally landed, bringing much better support for modern machines and a TON of new content, so I’ve been revisiting that old gem and finding it even more lovely than I remembered.

26. Unsheep says:

WRC 6. I just finished the various other game modes and will start the Career mode next. I usually save this game mode for last when I play these kind of games, since it’s quite lengthy. I’m really liking the game, it’s easily in my Top 10 of rally games (I have over 30 rally games in my collection).

Turok 2, which I bought on GOG. While the first remake was great, I like this one more, it’s just so quirky, with intricate level design and a crazy assortment of enemies.

Yakuza 4. After Yakuza 0 I got in the mood to replay some of the older ones, so I’m starting a replay of 4 and 5, as well as the Dead Souls oddity. They are all currently on sale by the way.

RaceRoom recently came out with some new stuff; the BMW M6 GT3, Formula Raceroom US (their version of Indycar), and the Karlskoga track. So I will tinker around with these as well.

• cranium1 says:

What are your other favourite rally games? I would like to try some – I use a G920 wheel/ pedals. I do like Dirt Rally but I suck at almost any game I play ;p

Thulsa Hex says:

NieR: Automata is getting me through my no-Zelda/Switch blues. It’s the first new game in a while that has me giddy to wake up on Saturday morning. Never grow up!

28. Gomer_Pyle says:

More Civ V and perhaps a bit of M&B: Viking Conquest if time allows for it.

29. Merry says:

“I am going to Nicaragua”

Oh dear. Brendan will never get back home.

30. Monggerel says:

Cataclysm DDA. I don’t even like zombies but it’s a good gat denk roguelike and that’s nice.

particlese says:

Dude, no one got fired this week! This is unprecedented. I will celebrate this momentus occasion by…um…

*looks frantically around the room for hints of worthy videogames*

*shakes fist at the intangible Steam in the air*

*finally spies Proteus Artifact Edition next to some books*

…play Proteus! At least until I come across an owl. Yes. And I will read the “Field Guide & Walking Scores” booklet, which came in the box but hasn’t yet spent long enough in front of my eyeballs to be properly absorbed.

Seyda Neen says:

I’m playing ‘rip my new Legend of Korra blu-rays to MKV files and listen to all the commentary tracks’. It’s an animated TV show. I’ve never seen the episodes in uncompressed 1080p and dang are they glorious. Except the season 2 disks are in 1080i and that’s shameful. I haven’t been in the mood to play any games, lately.

particlese says:

Ooo, good show. I only saw it streaming on the official site as it came out, and I imagine it must look fantastic in high res, interleaved or not. Thanks for inadvertently reminding me to put the blu-rays on my wishlist.

33. RobbieTrout says:

I’m mostly playing “lots of work with very tight deadlines” all weekend. Have received a job for proofreading this morning (Saturday), and the corrections must be e-mailed back to the editor before midnight tomorrow (Sunday). If I manage to finish early, there’s plenty of other jobs stacked up behind that one.

So I’ll be very lucky to get a sniff of a game. Maybe I’ll be able to squeeze in five minutes of something casual on Android. If I can scrape together an odd half-hour or so, I’ll try to get a bit further along with Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer on DS.

boundless08 says:

I started playing through the Witcher 3 after finishing the second one last weekend. It’s pretty amazing as everyone already knows.

Maybe Bloodborne or FF15 on the PS4. I might also start trying to paint all my warhammer

35. pfooti says:

For some reason, I’ve started a new character on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. I really wish battleborn had just been bl3, I think gearbox really only has the one franchise in them. More grindy fps – RPGs, please.

36. Jekadu says:

I dunno, really. I’m watching Iron Fist (it’s perfectly average), then I guess I’ll either round up Rise of the Tomb Raider or play some Zelda.

I’ll be honest, I thought today was Friday. No wonder my webcomics weren’t updating.

AutonomyLost says:

NieR: Automata. I am blown away by how good it feels and the performance. It’s perfect, really, besides the 60 fps cap. Playing it on hard and just beat one insane boss. Incredible fights, ultra-fast combat, tons of depth potential. I LOVE this game. Anyone else who bought this, have fun!

• fiendling says:

I have been on the fence on either getting Nier: Automata or Mass Effect Andromeda. After playing the decent but not great Andromeda 10 hour trial and hearing all the great things about Nier I think the decision just became obvious. Nier: Automata it is.

AutonomyLost says:

Oh. Also, the music. Wow.

39. fish99 says:

Zelda Breath of the Wild for me, now 64 hrs in. Tremendous game, such a pleasure to play, and I might be moving towards completion this week. 2 more towns to visit, 2 more towers to find, a bunch more side-quests to do, more memories to find, more gear to find/upgrade, more shrines to find, then the Beasts and presumably the finale.

Also will probably play a bit of Nier or Tomato, don’t know which :p Game runs fine but the jerky cut-scenes are kinda putting me off, plus it’s hard to switch between Zelda and other games due to Nintendo’s button assignments.

40. Zenicetus says:

I re-installed Civ 5 because I needed a strategy fix while waiting for the next big expansion/update for Stellaris and Endless Space 2. I didn’t get my head around the last big BNW expansion when it came out, so I’ll spend some time on that.

I almost bought Civ 6, but it seems it’s still kind of a mess with the AI, and I really do hate the look of that new cartoon art style. Civ 5 is so much easier on the eyes.

darrrrkvengeance says:

The Cat Lady (late at night); Valiant Hearts; The Last Guardian.

42. Viral Frog says:

I will be playing Grim Dawn. I was going to try a Warlock but decided to go with a Spellbreaker instead. It is quite fun to play!

I’ll also be playing through Minecraft: Story Mode with my eldest son, and probably playing some of the standard Minecraft with him as well.

Going to teach my middle son how to play video games. He’s about the age now when his brother started playing and he’s really been curious. I’m going to show him how to play Need For Speed aka Cop Car Game, as he calls it.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Definitely give the two recent-ish Rayman games a look. It does that sort of Kirby thing when you get hit where you puff up into a big balloon so you can get through the trickier bits.

You can also punch one another with loud comical slap sound effects. Giggles guaranteed.

43. malkav11 says:

I am not altogether sure. I think I’ve backburnered Torment until it’s patched a bit more. Already preordered Andromeda (at slightly more than half price, mind) so I’m not going to bother with EA Access to try the trial. I will definitely do a bit of drafting in Hex: Shards of Fate since they’re doing another weekend event celebrating set 6’s launch and there’s alternate art on offer. Might farm some more gold there also.

Other than that I am thinking that I may try to finish off my second Mass Effect 2 run (paragon this time). The loyalty missions feel shorter and more perfunctory than I recall so I might be able to manage this before Andromeda hits. Also I am hoping to get in some Borderlands 2 coop but obviously that depends on the other players involved. Both of these things will have to work against the soreness of my arm, though. Maybe I’ll just end up catching up on TV.

44. Hyena Grin says:

My SO has been away for two weeks so we were planning to play some Ghost Recon Wildlands together, but a sudden death in the family has put that on hold.

I somehow got back into the Sims 4 so that has been occupying quiet moments. I may try to finally finish Batman Arkham Knight, which I’ve been prodding for weeks now making slow progress. And no doubt my friend will drag me into Elder Scrolls Online.

Ben King says:

I’m off visiting family and we are playing endless long country drives with people who have become desensitized to the cost of gasoline with 2hr suburban commutes in SUV’s into the city 5x a week. Lots of yummy meals out though and it’s nice to see the nephews and niece. When I get back home I think I will finally get to try out some rocket league with my sister, then NMS and Witcher 3:-)

46. Darth Gangrel says:

I’m not making any promises, since I’ve been more into reading books and watching movies lately, but I might continue my Darksiders 2 playthrough. It’s really fun, but I’m also playing it as part of my everlasting backlog reducing crusade.

47. Shinard says:

Good question. Been playing a lot of FTL, and I will beat the damn Flagship this time. Might get back into Sunless Sea, though I can’t quite remember where I left my captain. Or given that everybody’s talking about MEA, I might finally play Mass Effect. I’ve finally got a free weekend (ish, more so then usual), so a giant space RPG sounds just the ticket.

• Shinard says:

HAHAHA! BURN IN HELL REBEL SCUM!

*clears throat*

The Flagship is down. Hacking + Cloak + Teleporter on Normal = One dead Flagship. I’ve been playing FTL every so often for years now and this is the first time I’ve killed that sod on Normal. Today is a good day.

• Kaeoschassis says:

Congratulations! The first time is by far the sweetest. I think I very nearly broke my laptop when I jumped up and fistpumped and yelled the first time I sunk the bugger.

• Rainshine says:

I finally reloaded Sunless Sea, and remembered why I left. I had taken two events in under a minute on the starting ship, each had taken 5 crew. Oh, look, you died. So I may have wussed out and scummed up the save and given myself a crew member back so I could keep on playing, rather than restart and lose the 19 secrets I had.

48. Rainshine says:

Endless Legend. Started two games last week, lost the first one by turn 2 — Hi fliers with chain lightning, what are you… AHH STOP CHASING MY SETTLER! Oh, look, they crit.

Second game I lost, somehow. I apparently owned over half the world, but had virtually no resources, and then someone else won, even after I took someone’s capital.
    Third game is looking better, I didn’t expand nearly so much, but I somehow have all six strategic resources in my three provinces. And I’ve got a small navy, so that’s good too.

49. CartonofMilk says:

I’ve been doing no man’s sky again since 1.2 came out. Had played it for maybe 50 hours post release and then hadn’t touched it since. I dont know..i appreciated the survival mode a lot at first but then you realise the game is still basically the exact same meaning that it’s hours of mining Emeril endlessly just go get a slight ship cargo increase that will allow you to mine more emeril to get a better ship to get more emeril to get….oh yeah, a base or a land vehicle or a freighter too now! But still nothing else beyond this. And because i play survival, it’s just a lot more of a hassle to get to that emeril. Because exploring planets i mean…even with mods the planets generation is too limited and i’ve already pretty much seen everything it has to offer in that regard.

I probably should just go back to obsessively recreating the current NXT roster in WWE 2k17. But the constant crashes to desktop in moveset editing pretty much make it even more a chore than it should be.

50. fahdiz says:

Dark Souls, CTHON, and A House of Many Doors are all hitting my rotation this weekend.

• Josh W says:

That sounds less like a plan for relaxation and more like a ritual of some kind.

• fahdiz says:

Why not both?(!)

I also pulled the trigger on Nier: Automata and I am so glad I did.