Vroom! Motorsport Manager free to play for a week

The full version of Motorsport Manager [official site] is free to play until Monday, giving plenty of time to check out Sega’s first foray into being a carboss. Our Adam’s a Football Manager fan and quite enjoyed his time with the PC adapatation of Playsport’s racecar management sim, so you might fancy a crack too.

You can download Motorsport Manager through Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The trial will run until 5pm GMT on Monday, March 27th, as will a 50% discount for those who want it for keepsies. That brings it down to £12.49/17,49€/$17.99.

Here’s a chunk of Wot Adam Thought:

“I’m unlikely to be hooked on Motorsport Manager for the rest of the year, as will be the case with Football Manager, but that’s mostly because I don’t particularly care for real life racing. It’s far from impenetrable if you don’t understand the sport itself though and the pit stops are a more immediately responsive tactical instruction than anything in Football Manager, which gives a good sense of direct control. Success is hard-won, a process of long hours developing headquarters and parts, as well as finding the right staff, but failure can be the result of a momentary loss of control or courage.”

Since launch — and since Adam’s Wot I Think — a fair bit has been added to Motorsport Manager in updates, including a laptop-friendly 2D mode and mod support.

As I look now, the most popular mods include tweaking game systems like weather as well as adding real cars and liveries from real motorsports like Formula 1 and NASCAR. Or you can drive a ’91 Fiat Panda.

From this site

1. Gunsmith says:

ooo this is excellent timing, since they announced GT racing for it this has been on my radar, now i get to try it before committing.

2. Da5e says:

Oh! Yes please. Can I rename my driver ‘Ayrton Sendup’?

3. Sp4rkR4t says:

I really like Motorsport Manager and I’m glad I bought it but after a while it becomes all to clear that underneath the nice interface is a lacking simulation, it all gets very predictable very fast indeed.

4. Fede says:

I’d really like to try it but it almost 15 GB. Sadly it would take 2-3 nights to download it, as the connection here is crap and during the day I don’t have much bandwidth to spare.

Is there a demo anywhere? At least that way it’d be possible to download it at any time, not just this week.

5. EveGrady says:

Niceee. I want to try it!

6. Kakrafoon says:

Hmm. I was expecting something more along the lines of Kairosoft’s Pocket Racing Manager. This seemed almost too dry and technical for me.

7. HoboDragon says:

Seriously, I am trying not to read RPS or removing Curator from Steam, but to no success. What happens? Yet another game I didn’t know existed and found interesting and got stuck with. Thanks RPS. Seriously. Stop it. Or I will stop reading this site and remove you as bookmarked curator from my Steam. It’s true! Believe me.
    Dang. Sigh.