Best PC gaming deals of the week

We’re back for another roundup of the week’s best deals and while I’ve spent a good portion of my week combing through various Mass Effect Andromeda gifs for tactical workplace Slack uses, I’ve still been able to uncover some rather nice offers. Most of which are being offered up by Humble. Anyway, let’s get started, shall we?

We’ve got deals that’ll work in the UK, deals that’ll work in the US and some deals that will work in both the UK and US, as well as presumably many other places. If you happen to find yourself wanting more, you can check out sister-site Jelly Deals, where they’ve rounded up the 6 best 4K monitors of the year so far. Let’s get started.

UK & US Deals

It’s THQ Nordic week over at the Humble store, which will give you ‘up to 80%’ off some of THQ Nordic’s best games. Those games include the Darksiders Collection for £8.99, Red Faction Collection for £7.99, This is the Police for £9.23, and more. This one is due to end sometime today, though, so get in there while you can.

THQ Nordic Week on Humble Store

Hey, remember Assassin’s Creed Rogue? This game came out alongside Unity for older consoles and later arrived on PC. This one is also the actual follow-up to Black Flag, which may make it more enticing to you, and features the franchise’s only Irish assassin, albeit with a seriously questionable accent. Odds are, you probably skipped this one, so if you feel like catching up you can grab a copy for £7.99 / $9.99 today via the Ubishop.

Assassin’s Creed Rogue on PC (Uplay) for £7.99 / $9.99 from Ubistore

Grand Theft Auto V is a game you probably own by now. At least, it would seem that way given that it refuses to drop out of the ten best selling Steam games each week. If for some baffling, mysterious reason, you don’t own it though, you can get it now for £17.99 / $23 by entering the code SPRING10 during checkout over at Bundle Stars.

Grand Theft Auto V on PC (Rockstar Social Club) for £17.99 / $23 from Bundle Stars

Back to Humble we go now, this time for the Square Enix publisher weekend sale. As you may have gathered from an insightful title like that, this means that a whole bunch of Square Enix games will be on offer through this coming weekend. For those not keeping score, that means Deus Ex, Hitman, Tomb Raider, Legacy of Kain, Just Cause and more. Here are some highlights.

Hitman Complete Season One for £19.99
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for £11.99
Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration for £15.99
Life is Strange Complete Season for £3.99
Just Cause 3 for £9.99
Legacy of Kain Collection for £3.74
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition for £4.99

Square Enix Weekend from Humble Store

While we’re still hanging out with the Humble folks – who have apparently been busy this week – you can also pick up a fair few 2K titles in the current ‘Build Your Own 2K Bundle’ sale. This sale is a ‘the more you buy, the more you save’ type deal. An 80% discount kicks in when you add three games to your basket and incrementally increases when you add more. Here’s some of what’s on offer.

Spec Ops: The Line for £4.99
Civilization 5 for £8.74
Bioshock Infinite for £4.99
XCOM Enemy Unknown for £3.74
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition for £8.74
The Darkness 2 for £4.99

The extra discount will show up in your basket. Have fun.

Build Your Own 2K Bundle from Humble Store

UK Deals

All-in-One liquid coolers are the ‘new hotness’ of high-end coolers, as the kids say. Gone are the days of completing elaborate hamster tube mazes in order to connect your cooler to your CPU and praying that it wouldn’t leak. Instead, this Cooler Master Seidon Liquid Cooler is completely self contained, from radiator to the CPU attachy bit. These things can usually go for up to and around £100, but CCL Online will sell you this one for just shy of £50 at the moment.

Cooler Master Seidon All-in-One Liquid Cooler for £49.17 from CCL Online

With that, we’re done for another week. Keep in mind that deals, prices and availability can change at the drop of a hat, so apologies if you miss out on something you wanted. I’ll be over at Jelly Deals, scouring the world wide web for more deals. Feel free to visit, or follow us on Twitter and give us a like on Facebook.

Did you know that Jelly Deals has launched a newsletter? It lets us bring the best deals directly to you each day. Subscribe here, if that seems like your kind of thing.

From this site

1. skeletortoise says:

Can anyone give me a valuation of the first Hitman season? I’d normally just wait until it’s under $5 or $10 dollars, but my understanding of the depth/scale of a single level makes me think it might be unfair to treat it like it simply has the value of any given AAA game.

• jezcentral says:

I’d get it now. They may well have stopped doing stuff like Elusive Targets by the time the game gets down to a fiver. It’s not a game changer, but it is fun, and adds a frisson of tension that any game with an unlimited quicksave just doesn’t have. Plus, this is A Good Game, and deserves playing asap.

• stele says:

I’d say that’s a great deal for the first season. There is a TON of content and lots of replayability. I bought if for about $25 US and am having a fun time trying to figure out different ways to murder people without being seen. The level design, details, dialog and story are all very interesting too.

• haldolium says:

The price is totally worth it for the entire season. You can easily spend 25hours in just one playthrough of the game, and the replay value is very high, the encourgament to do missions differently is also great. Absolute recommendation there.

• sickre says:

Its $7.50 USD for one hour/one level of gameplay.

Admittedly… really great, fun, high-quality gameplay, but still one hour (unless you play the same level over and over again – sure there are many different ways to kill the targets).

For me personally, I wouldn’t pay anything more than $20 USD for the complete first season.

• Vandelay says:

I will join in with a slight nay say. I picked it up over Christmas and had a great time playing through the levels. I assumed I would want to go back and uncover all the different elements of the levels when I had done, but I actually really haven’t had much of an urge to return to it.

I would imagine if you picked it up while episodes were still being released they would be more of an incentive to keep repeating the level when you had finished the hit, but as a full one off product it can feel a little slight. There is also one really duff level (Colorado.) Wouldn’t be an issue in a game with a more regular number of levels, but considering there are so few having just one is a problem.

On the other hand, when it is good it is superb and the best entry in the series. It is a must play for anyone that enjoys the previous Hitman games, particularly if you liked Blood Money. I certainly don’t regret my purchase and I have left it installed in case I get that urge to dip back in again. It is just a little disappointing that I haven’t felt a big desire to play around more, as I know that there is loads I haven’t found in the levels.

• CriticalMammal says:

I’ve played the first season of Hitman for well over 100 hours casually over a handful of months. It’s one of the best examples of the episodic format I’ve seen. It’s unbelievably stuffed with interesting content if you’re jumping in late.

2. Heliocentric says:

Don’t buy just cause 3 for £9.99 get this instead, it’s £9.99 and has 3 “mystery games”, if nothing else you can troll friends by telling them it’s a skyrim key or something.
    link to store.eu.square-enix.com

3. Sakkura says:

I usually recommend air cooling over liquid cooling, but at that price the Seidon 240V is an excellent choice.

• Vandelay says:

I’m tempted by this, as I’m interested in replacing my stock cooler with something that isn’t going to roar at me every time the fan speed dials up. I hadn’t really contemplated water cooling, as I’m not interested in overclocking (my processor isn’t even a K one, so more of a hassle to do anyway,) and my temps right now are perfectly fine, but that price is really good and I assume water cooling is always going to be quieter than air cooling.

Any reason why it should be avoided or is it just price that makes you recommend air cooling normally?

• Person of Interest says:

I assume water cooling is always going to be quieter than air cooling.

• Buuurr says:

“Person of Interest says:
          I assume water cooling is always going to be quieter than air cooling.
          This would be an incorrect assumption. Tower air coolers in this price range, or even a fair bit cheaper, can cool a non-K Intel CPU with under 12dBA@1m of smooth fan noise, which is inaudible unless you are in a specialized, soundproofed room. Liquid cooling always includes a water pump, which tends to be louder and less smooth-sounding than a good fan. See this extensive table of coolers from SilentPCReview (and note that the table assumes the CPU produces twice as much heat as yours likely does).”

Usually the case but I first installed a Corsair AIO cooler five years ago and have not turned back since. The sound is far less and the cooling is just not matched.

With air it is great for the first month or so but the dust build up soon negates any benefit of the reduced noise (as long as you buy $25 and up fans that is). With water this is not so pronounced.

I am not disagreeing with the website you posted. I am more or less giving a real life perspective on it. Air = dust. Dust = heat insulation. Heat insulation = more speed for cooling. More speed = more noise. Most of us have our equipment for more than a day or so on a bench for testing purposes. The rest of us have life to deal with.

I am currently running a Corsair 115i with dual 140mm fans set to 650-700 rpm max. It just doesn’t need anymore than that to cool my PC and that was with a 1.1Ghz OC. I’ve since set my clock speeds back to standard ‘K’ overclocking and let it be. Sure, with the old school AIO the bearings inside the water pump was a little loud. By that I mean not loud at all but there was a sound. With the new ceramic bearings they have running in high end AIOs there is practically no sound.

I currently have seven fans spinning in my case. Ask me how many times my wife has turned off my computer trying to turn it on. It is so quiet she has no idea it is even running. Mind you I have a nice case with dual chambers and silicone grommets on everything I can fit it too (even the sides of the case that I just don’t take off. Vibration negation is a massive upgrade to sound proofing. I’ve gone a little batty with it. The only sound I hear as I type this is my HDD clicking away every now and then.

Point being: With an a dedicated fan controller and some common sense you can run a nice AIO and have your case fans for a little ventilation with practically no noise.

• Person of Interest says:

Sounds like you’ve had a lot of success with silencing a closed-loop cooler. I’m happy to hear it can work. I had assumed an AIO cooler would have more dust problems, since the radiators tend to have thinner, more tightly packed fins than tower air coolers, and it’s harder to run the case with positive air pressure given the additional exhaust.

4. ziffel says:

One you missed: Redout with bonus Table Top Racing World Tour, US$20.99 at IndieGala. Bonus copy of ‘Between Me and Night’ included free.

5. pistachio says:

Thanks. Just got Hitman a few months earlier than I thought I would.
    Was about to get Deus Ex too, but there are 3 versions : vanilla, deluxe and season pass. All I want is all the levels, don’t care about shinies and definitely don’t want stuff that unbalances the game. So which one should I get?

• Darth Gangrel says:

The Digital Deluxe Edition contains quite a few extra items that might unbalance the game (only played Human Revolution). I haven’t heard that much praise about the DLC, though most of the talk about DLC are from disgruntled gamers. It’s often hard to find professional reviews of DLC, so the base game is my bet.

In the director’s cut version of Human Revolution the different items (which were previously store exclusive pre-order items, ugh) didn’t feel like they unbalanced the game, but Missing Link just felt like more of the same, nothing special.

• pistachio says:

That was informative, just the vanilla game then. Appreciated.

6. Bobtree says:

Rainbow Six Siege is $20 on Steam, and Puzzle Quest is $2.50 (it’s very rarely on sale).

7. rochrist says:

Hearts of Iron IV is 23.99 on Steam, which is a pretty great price.

john_silence says:

I’m going to snatch Bastard Bonds on Steam. Modernised retro Western RPG, strong on the antiheroes, down to 8€ instead of 20 (a sale on a cut price). It’s also the other game with barbarian dongs; since I’m not interested in Conan: Exiles I feel I have no choice but to get this if I’m going to stay relevant in the contemporary dong-heavy landscape.