Brian Blessed charges into Kingdom Come: Deliverance

I would say “Sound the Brian Blessed warning alarm!” but goodness me, the man is his own warning alarm. Surely you’ll hear him long before you meet him in Kingdom Come: Deliverance [official site]. Yup, Brian Blessed (aka Blesso, the Blesser, Bless Up, the Blessinator, and BeeBee) has lent his voice and face to a character in the open-world medieval RPG. In a new dev video about the cast and motion-capture, Brible seems quite enthusiastic about how the real-world setting makes Deliverance educational.

“Here was something new. You’re doing something new. And it was history. It’s based on history. And it’s exciting. And educational. I think you’ve got something new and original,” said Blessed. The actor has bellowed in a dozen-odd games over the past twenty years, including as a War of the Roses announcer and a spaceship.

BreBli is playing Lord Konrad Kyeser in Kingdom Come. Developers Warhorse Studios had said way back in 2014 when crowdfunding that Blessed was in their mind when writing one noble in particular. I guess this is him. Dreams can come true!

“The thing is, the script is brilliant,” Bebo said. “It’s well-written and it is written in English in rather a classical style, because of history. History always has a smattering of historical flow and energy.”

He loves a bit of history, this lad:

Knows a good motto when he feels it on hands too:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is due to launch some time this year. Here, check out what we thought when we saw a bit last year.

I think “because of history” will be my new go-to excuse.

1. frightlever says:

All medievel people spoke with English accents. Fact.

• Arathorn says:

Is anything known about the languages this game will be available in? There are enough games in English already, and even though I adore Brian Blessed (who doesn’t?) I would prefer to play this game in a language that makes a more historical fit (what would the dominant language in Bohemia be at that time, German or Czech?)

basilisk says:

Old Czech. There was a sizeable German-speaking population, but probably not in the area where this game is set.

But even if there is a voiced Czech version, I can guarantee it won’t be in period accurate Czech, because barely anyone would understand that.

• PancakeWizard says:

The game references overtly that everyone is supposed to be speaking Czech. Having it in English helps us to actually understand it.

2. Poet says:

I am 100% convinced Brian has experienced everything this flying ball of matter has to offer and has a great story to tell about it.

3. DiaperDawg says:

Everyone needs to watch his performance in Privateer 2: The Darkening:

link to youtube.com

So good.

4. caff says:

What a legend.

5. FranticPonE says:

Gods damn, this might be my most anticipated game of the year, even above Zelda (whenever I get to that) and etc. It’s just about everything I wanted from an Elderscrolls sequel before Bethesda stopped giving a shit and realized people would buy anything with their name on it.

And now it has Brian Blessed doing a major role. Ha! If there’s anything that needs more Brian Blessed it’s definitely video games.

• Rosveen says:

I probably wouldn’t buy this game if it was developed by Bethesda. A predefined, fixed-gender protagonist would single-handedly ruin everything that’s good about Bethesda games. However, since it’s a completely different project from completely different people… I immediately backed it on Kickstarter and am eagerly awaiting the release. :)

Benratha says:

Interesting alt-text on that first picture Alice :-)

7. Ghostwise says:

I just hope that somebody in that game is named Gordon, and they survive something.

JiminyJickers says:

If Brian Blessed gives his blessed blessing, then bless me I’m getting it.

9. Rince says:

I wasn’t interested in the game before, and now… Nah, still not interested.
    Don’t really like the historical aspect. It’s just mean limiting your options usually.

I guess that my best bet is Mount & Blade Bannerlord. If it’s get released some day in the next century, that’s it.

10. Biggus_Dikkus says:

i hope he gets his fresh horses from Warhorse

11. Syt says:

The article and header are defective, because they’re not putting BRIAN BLESSED in all caps.

12. NailBombed says:

Brian Blessed is poised to have a role in the long-delayed yet definitely upcoming Half-Life 3:

GORDON’S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

13. forddent says:

I completely forgot all about this game until just now, but I have a vague memory of reading about it and being excited back in the distant past (aka 2014). Now I am all excited again.