What are we all playing this weekend?

Happy April Fool’s Day!

Ohhh! I got you! It isn’t! Wakka wakka. Timeless pranks. Endless japery. Infinite banter. You turn and see banter coil behind you as if trapped in a hall of mirrors. You turn back and there it is again, banter stretching endlessly into the distance, reaching to a blank point you’ll never reach but never escape from.

What are you playing this weekend? Here’s what we’re clicking on.

Adam: This weekend I’m playing “let’s talk to the people who play and make EVE Online and hope that I don’t cause an intergalactic diplomatic incident with terrible long-reaching consequences. Or that I do.”
Alec: By way of a sequel to my comment last week, I’m going to be playing “gradually establishing why my PC’s new PSU constantly sells like burning, and hopefully not dying in the process.” The good news is that the PC’s no longer shutting itself down during games, so, presuming the aforementioned death does not happen, next week will at last surely see me tell you which game I’m playing. The cosmic ballet continues.
Alice: I’ve been heisting in Payday 2 a fair bit this week as the latest big update slowly rolls out. As someone who only plays occasionally, I quite enjoy coming back to find the new maps and things added free. Sure, Overkill Software hose Payday 2 with DLC but this means they’re still updating it after almost four years. I’m onboard with that plan, and have picked up a few more DLC bits now they’re on sale. Obviously I’m playing as the same sort of character I play in every game when possible. Pump-action shotguns and revolvers should be mandatory in FPSs.
Brendan: I will go back to the harsh urban deathtrap of Rain World, to see if the “easing up” patch can power me through to some sort of ending. I want to love the little slugcat. I dearly do. But he’s been such a nob. Hopefully, he’s changed. I’ll also be dipping into Stellaris again thanks to recent updates and Utopia DLC. Let’s see if I can come up with another race of overprotective robots or some sort of Hive Mind slaver insects.
Graham: I made a start at Snake Pass this past week and that is a lovely game. It’s been a while since I played something with a unique movement system and ‘move like a snake’ is such a simple idea, but one compelling enough on its own that I hope the game doesn’t feel the need to introduce too many wrinkles. I am going to keep playing Snake Pass this weekend and hope for nothing else but bigger trellises to climb.
John: [Well, at least I get to fire someone this weekend -ed.]
Philippa: This weekend I will be poking around in the garden, investigating what is poking its head through the soil now that winter has fully abated and which insects this has attracted. I might venture down the lane to see what’s happening further afield but when I’m on a minibeast walk it takes about an hour to get ten metres so reaching the end of a whole entire road might be a touch optimistic. Bird watching is far better for roaming!

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

From this site

1. dangermouse76 says:

I am doing a fury / frenzy run of Skyrim. Also using conjuration alot. Never really played this style and I’m loving the way it changes my approach.

Standing back and watching my enemies take each other out then sending in my frost Atronach is quite entertaining.

Also the raise the dead perk is hilarious, taking a group of undead into battle.

subdog says:

It’s a fun playstyle and pretty OP, especially if you use a conjured bow as a backup. Once you get two Dremora Lords and the master illusion spells, you’ve basically broken the game over your knee.

• dangermouse76 says:

I love breaking the game, followed shortly after by a complete sense of loss and wondering what to do next.

2. SuperJonty says:

Dark Souls III, and apparently nothing else. I really enjoy how it makes me want to die for real, but then won’t let me stop playing.

• keefybabe says:

Totally. I’m trying to run through and complete the first one at the minute. Brilliant and crushing at the same time.

• SuperJonty says:

I bounced off the first 2 really hard, but it appears that all I had to do was be patient, who knew!

Gonna go back to them after I ‘finish’ 3

• keefybabe says:

I bounced hard off them too. Went back and I’m loving it.

Swordfishtrombone says:

Recently went back to DS3 after a fairly long Prince Lothric-induced hiatus. Became jaded with all the fancy-pants weaponry I’d acquired over the course of the game and so reached for my trusty starting longsword, which had been gathering dust at Firelink Shrine, tragically neglected. Upgraded it to +10, paid the prince a visit, and kicked his (and his stupid brother’s) arse.

All hail the noble DS3 longsword – truly the worthiest, most reliable companion in gaming history!

AutonomyLost says:

Nice. Congrats on the win; that boss is a right bitch.

3. Killy_V says:

Eve online cause PVP. Dark souls 2 cause PVE.

4. Ben Damage says:

Having finally nailed DOOM, and subsequently bought hundreds more games to keep the imbalance of backlog:endgame alive, I’ll be trying my best to be zen and make my way through Dark Souls 3. It’s not looking good for me, the Crystal Sage managed to demoral me enough to put the pad down for six months so we’ll see where this next jaunt leads.

5. stringerdell says:

Breath of the wild. and a bit of mirage arcane warfare

6. Unsheep says:

Some racing with rFactor 2, MotoGP 16 and Gran Turismo 6.
    Some strategy with Master of Orion (2016), Particle Fleet and Halcyon 6.

There’s lots of racing on TV, like F1 (go Williams!) and MotoGP (go Dovi! ), so I’ll see what actual gaming I have time for between these and the usual chores.

7. criskywalker says:

I’m still playing Thimbleweed Park. So far so good. It has all the charm of classic adventure games. Thanks, Ron Gilbert!

Also, Rocket League. Always Rocket League!

• caff says:

I am playing EXACTLY the same games as you. You have excellent taste.

And I really love Thimbleweed Park too – I’m playing on hard and haven’t cheated yet. It’s lovely, capturing the essence of old adventure games, has a gentle humour (even if it’s lacking Tim Schafer’s absurdist touch), and it also seems to echo and pay homage to the more recent Blackwell series of games.

Also Rocket league. Because I am hopelessly addicted.

• criskywalker says:

It’s great to meet someone who enjoys the similar games!

Rocket League is the title that I’ve been playing nonstop because it’s pure fun.

And it’s been a while since I enjoyed a story based game as much as Thimbleweed Park. It’s like a game from the late 80’s, but even more polished. It shows that adventure games weren’t dead or obsolete. We just needed something of such a high quality.

Enjoy your gaming!

• Unsheep says:

I think we’ve had plenty of quality adventure games just in the last couple of years; Shardlight, Stasis, Technobabylon, Anna’s Quest, Dead Synchronicity, The Last Door, Order of the Thorne, Kathy Rain, Silence, Samorost 3, The Uncertain.

Granted, they don’t have wackyness of a Ron Gilbert game.

• criskywalker says:

I haven’t tried most of those games and while I enjoyed Samorost 3 and even those Telltale games, most are something else.

I missed something that felt just like a LucasArts’ game. There’s something unique about them.

8. Pich says:

Persona 5. really good game but i reached the part were it sets you free in the world with a deadline and i suddenly remember that i can’t handle responsibilities.

• anon459 says:

This game is slowly teaching me how to not freeze up every time a game presents me with a decision, but forcing myself not to savescum for the best dialogue options is still almost impossible. I think I kinda wish the devs had added a sort of “ironman” option to disable manual saving during the social(non-dungeon) parts because I am not a person of great willpower.

9. Agnosticus says:

DOW III closed beta, I’m excited! Haven’t had time to play it yet…

Rocket League: Just got into Platium, Diamond is the goal now.

The odd R6:Siege game

10. Kitsunin says:

It’s been a couple months since I’ve played any games I felt all that excited about, but this past month 3 came out which are all just killer.

I’ve heard plenty of praise for Snake Pass and Rain World, which are both fantastic. Snake Pass is just plain good, but Rain World feels almost as if it were made for me. Note that despite the look, it’s really a survival game, not a platformer.

The third game is Has-Been Heroes. It’s a great li’l Roguelite, and after 10 hours I’m finally starting to feel like I can make the best of its unique lane and stamina system. My main complaint is that the early zones basically just serve to waste your time once you’ve gotten good enough. Which sucks especially since everything else is so sweet.

• derivada says:

discovered has-been heroes thanks to your comment, love it, I wonder why it’s not been reviewed here yet. I do like Darkest Dungeon very much, but death is frustrating to the point of uninstall, while here it feels like part of the journey, rewarding even.

11. evahguh says:

Don’t you think the whole, “I’m gonna play (thing that happens in real life)” thing is getting a little too cute and played out?

• Iamblichos says:

Isn’t repeating jokes until they are completely unfunny a critical function of comment sections? It adds some leavening to the steady diet of rage, trolling and non sequiturs.

• Koozer says:

I’m going to be playing Post Sarcy Comments on the Internet Simulator.

12. aircool says:

Getting my head around Steinbergs Groove Agent 4, then likely more BF1 to add another service star to the Martini-Henry and keeping my self entertained by attempting to kill the other team in the most challenging way I can think of (syringe, K-Bullets on tanks and hitting people with the spanner etc…).

13. Minglefingler says:

After finishing Andromeda during the week I’m playing Nier: Automata which I’m enjoying but not half as much as a lot of other people seem to be. I’m still on my first playthrough so maybe things will pick up but so far the quests and dialogue seem to be uninspired in a lot of cases, I’m having issues with the camera more often than I’d like and elements of the UI like arranging or updating equipped chips are unnecessarily fiddly.
    I don’t want to sound like I’m saying it’s a bad game, I do like it, I just don’t understand why so many people seem to love it so much.

• Jac says:

I’m on the third play through defo recommend to keep playing. Think of each play through as more of an “act”.

Although i do agree about some of the dialogue and sidequests being uninspiring. Definitely don’t feel you have to go out your way to do the side quests though if you’re finding them a chore.

• Minglefingler says:

Cheers, was doing the second playthrough which I found a bit of a chore as I found it repetitive. Got to the final boss and it glitched so I’m done, got an hour or more to repeat to get to where I was. Guess I’ll look up the endings online. Pity though, I hear the third time through is great.

• spacedyemeerkat says:

Oh, gosh, I couldn’t agree with you more. Currently playing Mass Effect Andromeda but bought Nier Automata around the same time. I have around 40 hours in Mass Effect but only about five in the latter. Sure, the robots have aroused my curiosity but goodness, the quests are so dull, as are the graphics. And navigating the landscape is a real chore, too.

Anyway, just wanted to say you’re not alone.

• Minglefingler says:

I’d say stick with it, I enjoyed it a lot more as I got further into my first playthrough, didn’t enjoy the second as much but you may differ. I had more fun with Mass Effect though!

14. Lejin says:

Mass effect this weekend. I’m having fun on this game, even though it’s not perfect. Playing the mission obsessed dude, who does not want to bond with anyone particularly, except for the Krogan. Hell I roleplayes Shepard as a mission obsessed guy too, with a ptsd developping through the games (I’m doing my fair share of rp my head, not in game). And lego avengers with the son, too.

15. Risingson says:

GN day support by day. Clubbing by night.

Thimbleweed Park tomorrow. And yes, it’s fantastic, Discworld 2, Toonstruck or Monkey 2 levels of fantastic.

16. clockworkrat says:

Maybe a bit of backlog clearing: Cibele, Her Story, The Cat Lady.

17. ButteringSundays says:

Grip! Still needs some polish and maybe a bit more content, but for £10 it’s a great buy regardless. Grown up Mario kart.

Which has been making me want to play some more Redshift – but they definitely scratch a different itch.

18. Shazbut says:

Virtue’s Last Reward. It’s good! Why must people betray each other so?

19. Ghostwise says:

I am learning to accept that even if I can’t kill the Brain of Cthulhu because I’m terrible, I have the tissue samples I needed.

SminkyBazzA says:

I ‘finished’ Witcher 3 after 181 hours of play. I still have about 50 smuggler caches around Skellige to get, which will be tedious but worth it I’m sure. Also some horse races and Gwent (not my thing).

Then I might make a start on the DLCs, or I might save those for when it’s not nice and sunny outside!

Seriously, I don’t deserve this game, it’s so good.

• Derpkovsky says:

I’m actually kind of jealous that you finished it! by now i’m some 160 hours in and still faffing around on Skellige.

Thulsa Hex says:

The ones on the water are definitely not worth bothering dealing with those damn sirens.

subdog says:

It’s definitely pointless Icon Clearing, but I honestly had a nice time listening to podcasts, sailing around, and shooting flying fish-women in the face.

Thulsa Hex says:

That reminds me of when I was finishing-up the first Mass Effect. I had a rather nice afternoon driving around in the Mako, listening to Radiolab.

subdog says:

I’m basically doing that this weekend: scanning planets in ME2 while catching up on the excellent S-Town.

• Jac says:

You are in for a treat if you haven’t played blood and wine yet. It’s pretty much a full game in its own right. Also it’s sunny so no need for real sun.

The first dlc is also great. The man of mirrors is one of my favourite game characters ever i think.

21. mashkeyboardgetusername says:

Trying the demo of Dishonoured 2. Also some Rain World here and there – I find hitting it in small bursts of play like I do Spelunky works better than bashing my head against it for hours at a time.

22. Herzog says:

Will try to free the old guy from Mount Tsuru in Shadow Tactics. Even though I did not enjoy the Commando games back in the day I am having great fun with this. Maybe I got more patient with age!
    Plays good with the steam controller and looks nice on the projector. Will stick with this for a while.

Also bought White March 1&2 during the paradox sale. I backed Pillars of Eternity during the kickstarter and never played it so far. Maybe I will fiddle a bit with character creation this weekend.

I also finished Spelunky this week. All achievements done. Maybe I give the original version a spin now?

23. Sakkura says:

The RPS Stellaris multiplayer campaign, starting tonight. And probably continue with some singleplayer tomorrow. Or I might go fly a plane in VR; Ultrawings is just great.

24. Darth Gangrel says:

F.E.A.R. and its expansion Extraction Point are now unbacklogged and I’m now feeling quite tired of going through corridors. There’s too much not-fun gameplay between the fun firefights, so I won’t play the second expansion or F.E.A.R. 2/3 any time soon. Instead, a need for open worlds has arisen, i.e. Risen 2.

In the first Risen, I especially liked the combat and ability to climb things and safely jump off high places (hehe, shortcut) via the Acrobatics skill. You definitely don’t have that freedom of movement in the F.E.A.R. games or most other games.

Reading about the differences between the games, I’ll probably also play Risen 3 at some point.

• gabrielonuris says:

Unfortunately you won’t have that kind of freedom in Risen 2 too… It’s a good game, but for me it had that feeling that it was released before Risen 1, mechanically speaking, if you know what I mean.

• malkav11 says:

For what it’s worth, the levels are a lot more interesting in 2 and 3.

• Unsheep says:

Another ‘Risen’ enthusiast, I’m always glad to meet one.

In ‘Risen 2’ you don’t have one big open-world to explore, instead you have several smaller islands to visit. However, experiencing different sceneries is still fun.

I think these games play better with mouse and keyboard, not a controller, so that’s my advice for Risen 2 and 3.

• KwisatzHaderach says:

Out of the three Risens I enjoyed 2 the least. It had the weakest world building and level design of all of them while being struck with the typical terrible story, writing and character design like every other PB game.

Risen 1 is by far the best game imo. Not least because of the brilliant soundtrack but especially because of the good combat system. Risen 3 has a great world to explore and the three factions are fun, but it totally drops the ball with the combat system and placement of mobs.

If you have never played it, do play Gothic 2! It had the best overall package.

Mungrul says:

I may just cut it short and finish the main story of Breath of the Wild.
    I’ve reached the point where the game’s minor annoyances have just become tediously frequent, and my enthusiasm for it feels like it’s dropped off of a cliff.

The game’s far too big for its own good, and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen all it has to offer, yet it’s still crammed full of “content” I haven’t “done” (I have, the game just wants me to repeat it over and over again in differing locations). “Content” that just happens to have shit rewards and is just a way to string the game out longer than necessary.

And anyone who tries to justify the breaking weapon mechanism is just lying to themselves.

26. Derpkovsky says:

I just finished quite a few atmospheric and narrative games (Virginia, Firewatch, The Witness which I all loved) and then for some reason immediately started binge-playing competitive shooters like CS:GO and Rainbow Six. I guess it’s to restore the natural balance or something.

27. Iamblichos says:

Terraria. I have no idea how I ended up stuck in it again. Send help.

28. gabrielonuris says:

Mostly free 2 play games, because I’m broke right now. Tried some old titles just to see that they are virtually dead, like Firefall and Wildstar. I can’t understand how people could let those titles simply die out there, for me they were the pinacle of the MMO scene. Unfortunately, in the case of Firefall, it was its own developers who completely fucked up the game after so many useless patches, and now it has 84 concurrent players!!

Also, Age of Conan, the disastrous TERA and the inexplicably awesome Warframe, which is the only one that wasn’t uninstalled and will be my weekend title for now.

29. NetharSpinos says:

I recently picked up FlatOut 4: Total Insanity earlier in the week, so I’ll be playing that. It’s not *quite* as good as FlatOut 2, but it’ll certainly scratch the arcadey racing itch. Still playing Total Warhammer (Bretonnia this time), and finally decided that enough time had passed for my secondary rpg character to have a romp through Fallout 4.

• Agnosticus says:

Just FYI, the devs have changed since FO Ultimate and they are working on a (more realstic) racing game called Wreckfest, it’s in early access hell unfortunately…

Thulsa Hex says:

Every time I think I’m going to take a break from NieR:Automata, I get sucked back in. Last weekend it was Route B—this weekend I’ll be continuing C.

I love how the game keeps deconstructing itself, challenging both its own narrative and mechanics, but I’ve a feeling it’s going to leave me broken hearted in the end.

• Minglefingler says:

I came across your body in the factory a few nights back, bit of an pleasingly odd moment to recognise a cadaver as someone who comments on a site you read regularly.

abbreviatedman says:

Just started Tyranny, so maybe a bit of that. Love the lore so far!

Might take a break to play Broken Age so that I can catch up to where my 8-year-old niece is.

particlese says:

Something I dare not mention, for fear of not actually playing it in the end.

Also, it’s safe to say: Devil Daggers! I got up to 355s last weekend, which was enough to hear the boss/leviathan/chandelier trundling on in just before I kicked the bucket. It was sort of a messy run, but exciting, and of course I want more. :D

I also modded the Linux version of the game today so the dump it takes in my home directory is mercifully hidden behind a dot. Just change 0x00210c11 to “.” (0x2e) in the “devildaggers” executable. One can also overwrite some of what follows to taste, if “.evildaggers” are not wanted in the home. If I remember correctly, it hides itself in AppData on Windows already, so this modification resolves my only beef with the game.

33. McGuit says:

Persona 5 all weekend long…oh wait..this is a PC site.
    I’ll move along.

34. star5CR34M says:

I’m playing through the Titanfall 2 single-player campaign and really enjoying it. I’ll also probably dabble in Kerbal Space Program, I’m trying to rescue some Kerbels on errant orbits from failed missions.

Ben King says:

Witcher 3… I am still just (JUST) 20-30 hours in and either really bad at it or else the game is just incomparably grim. I definitively wrapped up the story line of one of the NPC’s I really enjoyed and it’s safe to say it did NOT go well for anyone involved… Geralt got totally played, killed his friend, then a village was wiped out by a plague. I swear I thought I was making good decisions every step of the way but everything just tragically blew up in my face… Makes me really nervous every about what else is in store.

• Harlaw says:

I’m also about 30 hours in! Finally got a new rig that can run it, so I installed TW3 last week and promptly started binging it. I happened to finish that quest involving a certain sorceress friend yesterday. There’s definitely a happier ending possible – you might consider reloading your save? :)

Good taste though, that character’s one of my favorite NPCs so far as well.

Ben King says:

Yeah, THAT one… my ending was not so happy, but i’m consoling myself that I at least may have set back an evil branch of magic research a few years time. I’d reload except that I know the game will stretch out forever if I replay stuff, and I like the idea of my ignorant decisions having real consequences, and this game actually bothers to make things matter in a substantial way. The outcome of that quest has me seriously reconsidering the implications of all SORTS of actions, and I spent all day yesterday stewing over it. Uhg, it was great, but so upsetting.

Ninja Dodo says:

Things can definitely end badly (and often) in this game depending on your decisions. I definitely made a few bad choices, though often there is no good choice and it’s more a matter of which one you can live with or seems like a good idea at the time. The thing about that particular quest is you can suss out that you’re being played if you keep your eyes open, examine the scene and don’t automatically take everyone at their word. (though I missed this one too and ended up loading a previous save, cause damn)

particlese says:

Tsk. John really ought to clean that blood off his front, unless he’ll be trying to get a job as a zombie. If that’s the case, I wish you luck, John! I hear the competition is pretty stiff.

• Furiant says:

I think it’s a dead field. It would take viral attention to produce new recruits in it.

37. geldonyetich says:

I’m giving Stellaris: Utopia a spin.

I don’t anticipate it leaving time for anything else.

Don Reba says:

Mostly going to be programming robots. Might actually finish T:ToN if I get the time.

39. armoredrobot says:

“Pump-action shotguns and revolvers should be mandatory in FPSs.”

They absolutely should. Rocket launchers, too.

40. Cyrus says:

The Witcher 3, finally after plowing through ye olde games once again. The second was better than I remembered.

I must say after about five hours in I don’t really fancy the open world thing, nevertheless I think it ought to be interesting.

darrrrkvengeance says:

Like several others here, Persona 5.

42. Chaoslord AJ says:

Grinding through the DA:Inquisition content to play the DLCs while I wait for the cheapening of Andromeda.
    Beside the terrible UI, bullet-sponge-enemy-combat and other stuff the game has also a wealth of things it does right and unique.
    For every wasted hour of fetchquests (Xenoblade was praised and had the same quests) and collecting dozens of herbs for whatever reason it offers cool moments of Solas vs Morrigan-bantering, the lovely Laura Bailey returning (hey it’s that Vampire from Skyrim), sending Leli out on idle missions and so on.
    A whole mountain of content with 70% being good, I wonder how Andromeda will compare when patched to playability as the characters can really make or break the game.

• fiendling says:

My Dragon Age and Mass Effect experience:
      DA: Origins and all DLC completed 6 times.
      DA2 and all DLC completed 4 times.
      DA: Inquisition (no DLC) could not finish.

Mass Effect and all DLC completed 6 times.
      Mass Effect 2 and all DLC completed 5 times.
      Mass Effect 3 (no DLC) completed once.

Caveat: this is all my opinion of course.

Mass Effect Andromeda has the more fun gameplay and (much, much better) combat but worse characters/companions. The open world is also more fun than DA:I’s since you have the Nomad (ME1’s Mako Mk 2 sans gun) to drive crazily around in. I also find it much less tedious by a factor of at least 10. Bioware has fortunately learned not to gate content (like the bloody main quest) behind arbitrary progression resources (a completely moronic idea in DA:I) this time around too.

I am close to finishing Andromeda (and I definitely will finish it, it’s fun) but I never finished Inquisition despite seriously attempting to on 3 different occasions. Each time the tedium drove me to games that respected my time more or were just plain more fun (unfortunately not really a high bar to surpass)

In closing, I probably love the Dragon Age universe as much as Mass Effect’s but even that love couldn’t power me through Inquisition. No such problems with Andromeda thus far.

• Unsheep says:

To me there’s only one Mass Effect game worth playing for the characters and storyline, namely the first game. Mass Effect 2 had bad writing, Mass Effect 3 was ‘OK’. So if it’s character depth you want, replay the first game and just watch a playthrough of the others.

If you like open-world games in general you should like Andromeda. It does the ‘explore our big gaming world’ really well. I would rank it alongside GTA 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, WatchDogs 2, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag, Just Cause 2/3 and similar.

Ninja Dodo says:

@Unsheep: You must be joking. Mass Effect 1 might have the best plot and story arc (debatable but you can make a good argument) but it has by FAR the weakest character writing of the series.

Most of the dialogue is encyclopedic backstory. Liara is barely believable as a character (“yes, I too feel a connection with you now that we have discussed your people’s mating rituals”) compared to ME2 and 3, Garrus doesn’t have an ounce of the character he has in 2 and 3. I could go on.

Don’t get me wrong: I love all three games, but best writing ME1? Please.

• malkav11 says:

ME1 -definitely- has the best plot and worldbuilding. Characterwise I could see plumping for the later games but I do think that it’s not exactly a fair comparison. 1 is presenting people who are skilled and useful in your crew. 2 is presenting a group of exaggerated, larger than life figures who are the best at what they do, even when it has no immediately identifiable purpose in the team you’re assembling. And then 3 continues to write them in that heightened, dramatic way. 2 and 3’s Garrus isn’t better per se, just more dramatic and archetypal. (Though of course your history with the returning characters inevitably improves them for you in subsequent stories as well.)

This is also what I think complaints about Andromeda not having good characters are rooted in. They’re back to ME1 style. Just people, not platonic ideals. Well, that and apparently there was a bug some people hit where their characters never bantered, that would lose a lot of characterization.

43. Zenicetus says:

I’m checking out the new Utopia expansion for Stellaris. It’s been a while since I played it, so I have to remember how the old stuff works and learn the new stuff. Let’s see how far a mushroom Hive Mind can get in conquering the Galaxy. ME Andromeda is shelved for now, not sure I can finish it.

44. malkav11 says:

Honestly debating if I’m likely to play anything much. Just been in more of a passive entertainment mood this week. I’m sure I’ll check in on Hex for that weekly draft and I’ll probably pop into Monster Slayers a bit as there are six new classes and a host of other tweaks that have been added over the past week (the development pace on this thing has been mental). If I play a larger game it’ll likely be Mass Effect Andromeda, as I still maintain it’s really good and hey, it’s conceivable the patch fixed some actual issues with the game along with making imperceptible changes to cosmetic stuff that was never actually a problem to begin with. But based on the patch notes I’m not hopeful.

45. CartonofMilk says:

My favorite game, the one i play with myself.

But OTHER than that…. well right now im trying to find out if its true my april 2016 Space Engineers savegame will be unusable with the current version of the game (because of shitloads of mods i was using that may now be all outdated and which i can guarantee 90% will not have been updated) in which case i will probably cry and hit things. And then play with myself to calm myself down.

Otherwise i don’t know. I pretty much cleared all missions to my standards in Hitman last week(no guns, no knockouts, no disguises, no alarms, no bodies found…well to be fair, turns out two of those did require a body found and one of them did require a disguise…well if i’m not gonna knock out/kill anyone anyway..but good enough) so there’s no real reason to play that anymore

I’m SO bored with No man’s sky again, foundation and pathfinder brought some entertainment but now i’m bored again.

I don’t have the patience to edit the movesets of my caws on WWE 2k17 right now.

I COULD continue my Rimworld game from months ago but meh…

So yeah…i don’t know what i’ll play. And it’s terrifying. I need to find me some “new” game to play. I’m down to considering reinstalling The Crew. Like that’ll entertain me past 20 minutes though…

Mungrul says:

Ooo, you’ve just reminded me, there’s a new Elusive Target in Hitman :D

46. ansionnach says:

It’s really nice out and I can move about a lot more so maybe nothing. Otherwise, Nelly Cootalot. Started with the new one but decided I have to finish the first one first. Very stuck and will stay that way forever unless I work out out. Maybe after those two I can buy Thimbleweed Park, which I’m really looking forward to thanks to feedback from people here.

If coop, then Hordes of the Underdark or Wolfenstein 3D (using SplitWolf).

47. Shinard says:

Shadowrun:Hong Kong. Absolutely loved the previous two, and I’d been putting this one off for a while to savour the anticipation. Caved and installed it the other day, and gosh, it’s good. Hasn’t quite topped Dragonfall for me yet, though it’s still early days – I think the backstory they give your character is a bit too restrictive to make the game as immersive as Dragonfall was for me. Plus, Dragonfall had my official favourite cast of companions of all time, and try as it might Hong Kong can’t quite compete.

Still, it’s better than Returns and I was hooked on that. I anticipate many happy days of spirit summoning and matrix running ahead.

• Furiant says:

I hope you enjoy SR:HK. As flawed as I found the previous installments, I at least felt some connection to the team; they felt like my team. There wasn’t a single companion in HK that I felt any connection with, and some, like the “brother”, I disliked intensely. It featured some quality of life improvements and had serviceable writing, but for me the relationships are everything in SR, and in that respect I thought it was the weakest so far. Just… volunteering an opinion I guess.

48. Rainshine says:

Probably going back to Don’t Starve in my spare time. I was on King of Winter, being chased by a Deerclops while mostly insane because that’s the only way forward, running out of food, with night approaching.
    Sounds about right.

jssebastian says:

> “I might venture down the lane to see what’s happening further afield but when I’m on a minibeast walk it takes about an hour to get ten metres so reaching the end of a whole entire road might be a touch optimistic”

that’s the problem with these open worlds, too many distractions along the way, even when there isn’t a map filled with icons! If you can’t even get to the end of the road, how will you manage to save the world?

I’ll be playing Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone now I’ve finished the main game. As Ciri says, “What do you know about saving the world? you’re just a witcher”… so I’m witchering around.

Maybe some Never Alone in coop with my daughter, though she likes being a flying ghost-fox-boy less than being a regular arctic fox. Maybe also continue Broken Age: picked it up again after a long break this week and enjoyed continuing the story, it’s a very cleverly crafted adventure game.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

More Nier. Still haven’t finished it and not sure how many more endings I need to get through. I finished 9S’s story a couple days ago and am playing the bit after that. I am going to be lost when I finish this. Why can’t it just keep going on forever?

After Nier, I’m not sure. Bloodborne perhaps? There are about 3 PS4 games I’d like to get right now (Yakuza 0, Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5) but I think I’ll wait until I can get them used.

Wait, new weekend goal: Play Virginia!

• caff says:

You should totally play Virginia! One of the best games of last year.