Star Wars Battlefront 2 leak shows Rey, Darth Maul

A cheeky peek at Star Wars Battlefront II [official site] has leaked out ahead of the official fan frenzy at the Star Wars Celebration this weekend. The wee teaser trailer will surely be pulled from the datanet by prowling cyberlawyers soon but it seems to introduce a little of the singleplayer campaign, as well as showing that the game will span the heptalogy and include everyone from Darth Maul and Yoda to Rey and Kylo Ren. Point your peepers at this before the cybersuits yank it and repossess your orbs:

I don’t see fan-favourite Star Wars characters like Servalan, Aeryn, Quark, Kosh, Uhura, Riker, Doc Phlox, Starbuck, Naomi, Captain Podly, the Soup Dragon, Sandstrom, Holly, Stanley, Rommie, Wash, Torres, Koenig, O’Neill, Mr. Spoon, or the funny carpet man anywhere in there, but do bear in mind this is only a twenty-second teaser trailer. I’m sure the whole gang are waiting for us in the full game – Electronic Arts must know better than to rile Star Warrers!

Developers will gab about the game during a panel at the Star Wars Celebration on Saturday at 7:30pm, which I’m told will be streamed online.

Star Wars Battlefront II is due later this year. It’s being made by DICE with Criterion Games and Motive Studios.

1. Caiman says:

Servalan would kick all their asses.

• Gothnak says:

Incorrect, she’d get Travis to, and then he’d turn up, do something to get all of his men killed and then fail to kill the main character at the last moment. At least about 15 times until he succeeds…

Benratha says:

No Daleks?
    No sale :-)

3. Bull0 says:

Don’t hold your breath for Mr Spoon, the entirety of Button Moon is “Legends” status in the canon now.

• TonyB says:

Oh crap, you’re right, and I was really looking forward to seeing Ming the Merciless make an appearance in this too.

4. skyturnedred says:

Shivakamini!

5. zulnam says:

Fool me once, shame on you…

6. DThor says:

It seems like they’re churning out these games like sausage rolls (mmm…) – wasn’t the first one purdy but sorta meh? I heard so many reports of uninspired maps and imbalances I passed on the first, but doesn’t it feel like this should be a paid expansion as opposed to a new game (with new servers)?
    I would feel a bit peeved if I had bought into the first one…

• Eliijahh says:

Yeah. It feels Battlefront 1 was a just a few months ago…

• kevmscotland says:

It’s funny, in my minds eye it was years between releases of battlefield 1942 and BF2, and again into Bad Company and BF3 but actually EA has been churning out annual Battlefield games almost since its inception.
      link to en.wikipedia.org

It does present a problem of continually splitting the player base however and you no longer get the time investment out of these BF games you once used too, atleast I don’t.

I’d prefer they released fully fleshed out iterations every few years but you know – EA needs the bathe in money.

• typographie says:

Given how difficult it can be to find a server in Battlefront 2015 on PC—and how often I see the same player names when I finally do—I’m not concerned the game still has a player base to split.

• skyturnedred says:

Indeed, we’re still paying BF2.

• Unclepauly says:

4 to 5k daily players is a laugh for this type of game but when I check steam player counts reality is brought back to front. Most games on PC don’t have huge player counts, just a few juggernauts. Like everything else I guess.

• Hedgeclipper says:

Hey they need to make money to fund their ‘buying up beloved companies and trolling the fans with debased mockeries of favorite franchises’ habit somehow.

7. yogibbear says:

So Darth Maul is secretly Rey’s father confirmed?!?!?…. :P And it’s not Obi Wan >:(

• SaintAn says:

She has two dads. That’s why Maul was so upset that he tracked Obi down on Tatooine in Rebels. They had a falling out.

8. UrbanWulf says:

I don’t see Prune Face anywhere, no true Star Wars game can do without him in my opinion.

• Unclepauly says:

Don’t forget Elastic Sack, at 600 yrs old the ole guys swing around like a bola shot

9. ZippyLemon says:

Wubbalubbadubduuuuub!

Also, EA suck.

10. Darth Gangrel says:

Oh, it’s Star Wars Celebration this weekend? Then perhaps we can get a look at something other than pseudo-Battlefield (called so, because Battlefront and Battlefield have the same acronym and are made by the same developer, among other things).

11. itsbenderingtime says:

So you just kind of mentioned it in passing, but this one is going to have a single-player campaign?! That’s the only thing I ever really wanted out of the first one, so I just got a whole lot more excited about this.

• Themadcow says:

Absolutely this. The first game was an amazing single player game that never happened. If this one has a decent campaign then it’s a day 1 purchase for me – and I never do day 1 purchases.

• Hedgeclipper says:

Like Yoda said ‘day one purchases lead to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to the darkside’.

12. SaintAn says:

I really hope some of it is set in Clone Wars and Rebels with some of their series characters playable. I need that.

13. left1000 says:

battlefront 2 already came out a decade ago. this new trend in naming is needlessly pointless. Either call this one battlefront 4 or battlefront the force awakens. shesh. I guess doom 5 is going to boringly be called doom 2.