Call of Duty: WW2 is real, obvs

Cor blimey, love a duck, and stone the crows: Activision have announced that the next Call of Duty game will be Call of Duty: WWII [official site]. Their official announcement says about as much as the leak which gave this away four weeks ago. Another supposed leak has sprung with unconfirmed babbling about unsurprising things like D-Day and a co-op mode. But what’s most important is that ↑ teaser artwork up there. What’s going on with the man we shall assume is named Robert Gunnington?

Activision’s page has that picture of Robert along with a countdown to a “worldwide reveal livestream” at 6pm on Wednesday, April 26th.

CoD fansite Charlie Intel has some snaps of what’s supposedly leaked Australian marketing materials pegging the game for a November 3rd release. The gubbins gabs about visiting Normandy D-Day and jaunting across iconic battles, as well as a co-op mode with “a new and original story”. That co-op is called a “next-level standalone game experience” (next-level!) but the description’s vague enough that it could describe just about anything. None of that is confirmed, though none would be surprising.

No, for cold hard facts we’re only got Robert Gunnington. And… Pip noticed a hint of something reflected in his pupils:

Go a bit closer and we see shapes which might be a couple fellas and their dog staring at a road sign. Let’s go closer:

Or a crucifixion? Probably not. We’ll need heavy-duty technology for this. I turned to the Deep Dream Generator and uncovered startling truths reflected in that pupil:

Do you see? Taxis, orangutans, dimetrodons, and laboratory equipment. We’ll find out on Wednesday how that all fits into World War 2.

From this site

N'Al says:

Whoa.

2. benzoate says:

Ugh, that last bit reminds me. At some point very soon Ubisoft is going to figure out that since all their games are essentially the same now (open world icon hunts) they can set them in the same universe – meaning it’s all ‘creeds from here on out.

Far Cryed, Wildlanded, Watch Dog-peed, Steepeed, Just Danc-eed, For Honoureed, The Crew-eed.

Just imagine, you get all A+ ranks in Just Dance (I have not actually played the game, so insert appropriate ranking method) and the post credit scene has you waking from the asbergo machine, getting a high-five from your mildly attractive assassin handler for stopping the Templar plan of controlling the world through pop media. Bring up the real-life downfall of MTV for some pseusdo-reality tie-in and setup the sequel where Michael Jackson is an alien, elder, or whatever they are.

particlese says:

Oh, Robert, you and your poorly stifled chuckles. How did you ever get this Serious Videogames gig?

Cooper says:

Pull back. Wait a minute. Go right. Stop.
    Enhance 57 to 19. Track 45 left. Stop.
    Enhance 15 to 23.
    Gimme a hard copy right there.

5. automatic says:

You can tag that picture with: “war is too controversial and people are too passionate for me to express any opinion, either favorable or against it, so I will just cover my mouth and hide whatever my position is without making a move to change the status quo”

• Alice O'Connor says:

I’m afraid our tags are comma-separated.

• automatic says:

My bad, I thought you meant image description. Tough call indeed. I guess it was much easier when we had dark and light and a Yoda to tell we how everything works. Man, I miss that Yoda dude.

6. Monggerel says:

Do I walk? Have I feet still? I raise my eyes, I let them move round, and turn myself with them, one circle, one circle, and I stand in the midst. All is as usual. Only the shooter Call of Duty World War 2 is confirmed.
    Then I know nothing more.

7. brucethemoose says:

Enhance!

Best I could do: link to i.cubeupload.com

EDIT: Other eye: link to i.cubeupload.com

• brucethemoose says:

Also, Alice, you were wrong.

It is, in fact, a man and a small dinosaur sneaking up behind 2 Daleks.

Maybe I will play this game.

• int says:

Obviously silhouettes of Barbapapa and his family.

8. Biggus_Dikkus says:

it means: Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn

which translate to one month latrine duty for leaning on your firearm

9. Carlos Danger says:

I am a little surprised they didn’t someone like Scarlet Johansson for the cover. I mean it is 2017 and all. Guess we will have to riot soon.

10. buzzmong says:

Definitely needs a staring-eyes tag.

Also, yay :/ The cycle begins again.

Gnarl says:

I’m sure you know, but in case it isn’t obvious: the tag allows those in the mood to click on it and have an ever-changing diorama of people staring at you.

Also, for posts such as: link to rockpapershotgun.com
    where the eyes are not immediately noticeable.