The Jackbox Party Pack 4 will bring Fibbage 3

Every day is party day at Jackbox Games. They wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy, they grab their glasses then are out the door to commute through Chi-City, but before they leave they brush their teeth with a bottle of Jack because, as the song goes, when they leave for the day they ain’t coming back until 6-ish. After such a lively morning routine, they set about making fine party games like Fibbage and Quiplash. Over the weekend, Jackbox announced they have another instaparty coming this autumn, The Jackbox Party Pack 4 [official site]. It’ll bring Fibbage 3, among others.

Jackbox, to refresh your memory, are the studio formerly known as Jellyvision. They made the fine and funny You Don’t Know Jack quiz games, and in recent years the Jackbox Party Packs. Those are bundles of five (so far, anyway) small multiplayer games, digital versions of the sort of thing one might play at a family Christmas or a dinner party in a sitcom where one randy neighbour ha-ha-hilariously gets the idea it’s a key party. The games are made for local multiplayer but, as players control it by logging onto a website on their pocket telephone or whatnot, they also work well through Skype screen sharing and such.

One of the more popular Party Pack games is Fibbage. It’s a silly trivia game where players get to add made-up answers of their own to the pool of possibilities, trying to fool (or entertain) everyone else. That’ll return in the Party Pack 4, Jackbox say, with one notable change. Explaining that ↑ Fibbage 3 screenshot, Jackbox said:

“Especially eagle-eyed fans might notice that there are 10 choices in that screenshot, rather than the traditional max of nine. That’s because this time around, the audience gets to join the fun by voting on their own decoy lies, and guessing the truth along with the players. Now, fooling the audience can really boost your score, so make sure to get as many gullible people as possible to join!”

That’s about all we know about Fibbage 3 and the Jackbox Party Pack 4 for now. Autumn it is.

From this site

Syt says:

Well, I learned what “A Dog in Search of Gold” is served on. Thanks, RTS and Google. :-)

Addie says:

I was wondering where all my Turtles tapes had got to. Damn hipsters.

2. keefybabe says:

The jackbox games are like your mate who keeps trying to be funny and just isn’t crossed with American 80s not funny djs who use honk and whistle noises to appear funny.

• FurryLippedSquid says:

The quiz type affairs are a bit shit, yeah.

The drawing/lying games, on the other hand, are downright hilarious.

• keefybabe says:

I’ve not played those. Consider me corrected. :)

• cannedpeaches says:

The core game is only remotely fun if you’re having a very down afternoon with pals. But I’ve had an absolute blast getting sloshed and playing Fibbage, Drawful, Tee-K-O, Quiplash, and Earwax.

• skeletortoise says:

Yeah, totally agreed. The ‘host’ for the generic trivia game’s trying way too hard (though I seem to recall the trivia itself was fine), but really if you’re playing that you’ve already messed up. I don’t recall whether fibbage and drawful even had a host, probably because they’re such excellent conduits for good laughs with friends. Haven’t tried any other such games by them, but I’d definitely be interested to.

3. something says:

So do I. I wouldn’t call that a party so to speak…

Diddy

Ooooooohhhhh….. OK.

4. Shinard says:

If anyone’s curious, the answer’s an iPad. No, really.

• April March says:

I’m on to you. You’re just trying to trick the audience.