BlazBlue Centralfiction punches onto PC

Here on PC we’ve always been a few years behind on BlazBlue, but we’re finally up to date on the core of Arc System Works’ visual novel-tinged fighting game as BlazBlue Centralfiction [official site] has arrived on Windows. Expect more drama and a whole lot more fisticuffs. Along with wrapping up the story from the previous three games, Centralfiction introduces new characters and new fighting systems. BlazBlue is one of the fighting games where so much happens I don’t even understand what I’m seeing but, as what I see includes a whole load of magic circles and apocalyptic powers, I’m okay with it. Have a look in this trailer:

Sure, please do all that?

BlazBlue Centralfiction is out on Steam for £26.99/33,29€/$35.99, which includes a 10% launch discount. Folks who own any other BlazBlue game on Steam get another 10% off.

Casting a quick eye over initial player reviews, it looks like some are unhappy with the quality of the port, with complaints including a lack of an English dub and poor options for keyboard rebinding. But, by large, it is still BlazBlue and that’s a good thing to be.

No idea what’s happening either but yes, please do:

darrrrkvengeance says:

That looks pretty awesome; wish I were more into fighting games.

Nauallis says:

You could always pirate them, but I’m not sure that counts as fighting.

2. Det. Bullock says:

No english dub?
    Weird, I might get used to it but I still have to go through the second game and there should be another two before this one… I guess?

• thetruegentleman says:

The actual games are Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift and Chrono Phantasm.

The only other game is a Visual Novel that explains who the hell Es actually is; you’d also need to read some manga to learn about Half-Pants the Spear Girl. I don’t think the novels are translated, but the games themselves do enough to explain enough that they aren’t needed.

The lack of an English Dub does makes me wonder how many people actually buy the English version though…

3. goodpoints says:

Good timing. It was second on my buy list for PS4 games after P5.

Also, dear me, who is really missing the English dub for BlazBlue? It’s really just been consistently cringey in past installments, with the humorous exception of Bang Shishigami. But otherwise it has all the standard elements of terrible dubbing like: the innocent anthropomorphic animal-child that satirizes adult behavior turned into middle aged male VA doing that obnoxious nasally ‘kids show’ voice (cf. Teddie/Kuma in P4, Monokuma in Danganronpa), and characters that fall outside 19c Western gender-sex binarism being simplified to ‘gay dude’. (Amane is an onnagata but is made to be a Queen who says some really creepy shit in the dub) Though the plot & VN elements are pretty embarrassing/boring in general but my suspicions are that the translators are just not very good at capturing the presumed humor.

4. Rince says:

I never managed to get interested in the Bazblue series. I keep hearing of the games, but never clicked on me.
    Part of it must be because I’m horrible at fighting games, part must be that I didn’t liked the characters.

Now, if we could get the Soul Caliburn games on PC, that’s more my stuff.