What are we all playing this weekend?

The weekend is upon us: ready thyself. It’s a fine time to reflect on wh- oh, are you all just playing Prey? You’re all playing Prey. Fine then. Nevermind.

What are you playing this weekend? Here’s what we’re clicking on.

Adam: More Prey because I want to know if it stays great or has been disguising itself as a great game and turns into muck and eats my face.
Alec: I’m playing Scanner Sombre, so in consequence I imagine I’ll spend the weekend standing in as wide-open and brightly-lit a space a possible and trying not to cry. After that, yeah, screw it, I’ll climb aboard the Prey bandwagon too.
Alice: After a few false starts and megadeaths, I think I’m starting to get Stellaris. It could use more drama. My current game has stalled at a point of mostly galactic peace, where I’m at the end of the tech tree and any path to ‘victory’ would take war and… so nothing much is happening. Maybe that’s fine. I don’t want to start a war. I can leave it at near-peace and start a new save. I think I need to be more creative and roleplay-y next time, exploring a scenario rather than trying to play optimally. More surprising, impactful, and weird sci-fi stories, please.
Brendan: I’ll be making a mug of myself in Prey. I quite like space stations and I hear that its a good one. Apart from that, I’ve been pottering through Dark Souls 3 again, for reasons I still don’t understand. It’s the first game since I was a teenager that I’ve gone back to replay as soon as finishing it. I’m currently hanging out in the Catacombs, invading people and gesturing at them from afar while dressed as a locust. I don’t fight them. I just dart between distant corridors and wave my torch at them. They love it.
Graham: There’s a Quake Champions beta test running this weekend and I’m going to try to find the time to play that. I loved Quake 3, but for the purity of its design. Its tight in a way that has always made it hard to see additions and twists to it as necessary, rather than just-for-the-sake-of-a-sequel. But Rick liked what he played of Champions and I’m excited to try it out.
John: I shall be mostly playing Prey, in order to try to get together a review for Monday. It’s completely splendid, but of course a million hours long. So that, as well as attending Bath Uni’s open day, which has some properly interesting-sounding lectures.
Philippa: This weekend I will be tooling about with Cheap Bots Done Quick to create a bot to generate answers to Alice’s ongoing interrogation about what I’m doing on a given weekend. Whether I actually managed to do it will be easily answered by reading next week’s edition of this feature.

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

From this site

1. Risingson says:

Moving from Poplar to Acton. Skill level: suicide.

2. dangermouse76 says:

The waiting game….
    It’s an interactive Amazon delivery drama involving an R5 1600 and RX 580 PC build.

Geoforce 9600GT to GTX 660 to RX 580, hmmm upgrades.

3. mashkeyboardgetusername says:

I shall be attempting to finish Rain World, if I can get past the most utterly infuriating sections of the game. Curiously, this doesn’t involve stuff that wants to eat the slugcat at all. Stupid bloody reindeer.

4. Agnosticus says:

Dawn of War III, as long as its fun anyways…it seems to be quite shallow as of yet. After 10h of mp the Orcs are getting a bit boring and SM+Eldar do not tickle my fancy.

Rocket Rocket Rocket League! I’ve got a Diamond rank to defend!

5. Vandelay says:

No Prey for me. Will at least be holding out until the reviews are in, but it does sound like something I will definitely be picking up.

All the noise about it has made me finally get around to giving the demo of Dishono(u)red 2 a try. First off, it seems to run pretty great on my system (it is powerful, but that didn’t seem to mean much when the game first came out.) I’ve not checked the actual FPS, but Ultra at 2k it seems to ocassionaly drop below 60, but not for long. Did have it freeze for a few seconds once, but it sorted itself out. This is on a 1070, i7 6600 and 16GB.

The actual game seems to be good. I’ve only just reached the main setting of the game and so far it is more Dishonored. Only annoyance I’ve had is that it is difficult to tell when you are going to be spotted and not. Normal video game rules, like not being visible when leaning or when crouching behind low obstacles, don’t seem to apply. This has meant that as soon as I was able to unlock powers I went for the see through walls.

I will likely play the demo through to the end, but not sure I will rush to buy it. There aren’t any discounts at the moment and I will no doubt be getting Prey soon.

Also, randomly stumbled upon an old story about a concept build of Alan Wake 2, which never developed into an actual game. This made me have a desire to go back and play the first again. It also seems rather apt with the new Twin Peaks starting soon. Once done, I might finally get around to playing American Nightmare, which has sat on my Steam account for years.

• Zenicetus says:

The hyper-alert guards in Dishonored 2 are a bit annoying, yeah. It makes the game more challenging (at least until you’re all powered up), but it also breaks immersion because they *always* spot that you’re Emily or Corvo the second they lay eyes on you. There are a few times where you can blend into the population when it’s just normal NPC’s, but for the guards and other baddies you’re always a target.

It is a great game regardless. There are a couple of missions that have the most creative level design I’ve ever seen in a game like this.

• Vandelay says:

I did roll my eyes a bit when the ship captain said guards will beat up non-locals on sight. Is part of the city guard job application a test on identifying a random selection of citizens?

I’m sure it is just a matter of learning the gameplay rules and you get the hang of it after a couple of levels. It does make me wonder how frustrating a no powers stealth run must be though.

Seyda Neen says:

Your level of visibility when leaning is adjustable, as are a bunch of other difficulty variables. There’s three modes – totally invisible when leaning, detected after a few seconds of leaning, and immediately (or almost immediately?) detected when leaning. You can change it in the options menu.

6. Minglefingler says:

Prey, which I was hesitant about buying given how badly Dishonored 2 still runs on my pc. No problems with this one though and it’s amazing, managed to scare the shit of myself by forgetting I’d set an alarm on my radio which of course turned itself on when I was sneaking through a creepy area earlier. If I can drag myself away from Prey I’ve got a game of Dragon’s Dogma that I may faff around in, I love how it makes me feel like I’m fighting Ray Harryhausen creatures. Probably just Prey though.

Captain Narol says:

French presidential roulette. Tough game and a little stressing…

heretic says:

I’m playing that too. Let’s hope for the best.

john_silence says:

I was about to write “Prey”, but hey there’s that too.
      Stressful though, you really think? I mean, the dice are cast. Whoever you’re voting for, you know whether they are about to be elected, do you not?

But maybe voting is a bit like playing Prey. You pick something that looks solid, you think you’ve got a hold, some control, then it morphs into a nightmarish, inhuman, elusive creature with searching tentacles, tricking you at every turn, pouncing when you’re down, trying to suck you dry and use your energy to prosper and multiply and surround you further. Or at least that’s my experience of our civilised administration.

I’d rather Macron turns into a mug. He’s got the dead, glazed eyes already. Many will argue Le Pen is already an abomination from outer space anyway.

• brucethemoose says:

I’m not too familiar with French politics. Is it as bad as the US election was, where voting for either of the final candidates made you feel physically sick?

People told me I was going to hell or bringing on the apocalypse voting for either. And they were all probably right.

• batraz says:

@ the moose : this is a bit similar, although the clinton side is represented by a rookie in politics, brilliant boy of 39 with a JFK-level haircut, and the trump side by a 50 yrs old woman with a big mouth. Corporate fascism on one side, populist fascism on the other, some say. I’m not playing this week end as neither of them I really trust ; French JFK’s victory is more likely but we all know how it goes now.

john_silence says:

I AM a bit on the flowery side perhaps :)

I’d say batraz’s opposition of corporate fascism vs populist fascism is more interesting and to-the-point than what you usually hear about this election, which is “populism vs centrism” (I’m not sure the word “centrism” is much used outside of France but you get what it means). Either way we’re getting things shoved down our throats, and those coming from Macron (liberal diktats from the EU) seem pretty unsavoury even to the people who don’t trust Le Pen (not that the latter’s insistence on traditional family and gestures towards Trump and Putin sound appealing either).

He was a banker (at Rothschild’s), she was an attorney. Tells you a lot. The consensus in France is that she did bad when debating against Macron, but I firmly believe that’s French macho conservatism at work; men (and women!) who cannot stand a female standing up to a dude and bullying him around. She even had to state that France would be governed by a woman either way, her or Angela Merkel. It’s a bit appealing that she had to resort to a bon mot like that to counter the male-centric outview that gives her opponent an innate advantage, program notwithstanding.

8. Pich says:

Still playing Persona 5, stuff keeps happening during my gaming hours so i’m going pretty slowly but i’m near the end at least it seems.

9. Kamestos says:

Dragon quest heroes 2. It is a bit more DQ than musou, and most monsters have too many HP, but it is still fun.
    I will also play Prey which runs like a dream and seems genuinely interesting in its story.
    Oh and probably finish Kingdom Hearts 2 on the console with the kids.

10. Mister eX says:

I’d like to advance a bit in everything I have on my comp., but that never happens, even since I’ve uninstalled half of them in an effort to make space for (and have some left after installing) DOOM. So it’s probably going to be DOOM (already done a stint yesterday after work), and Pillars of Eternity. I also really want to check out What Remains of Edith Finch, and given it’s a short one, if I do boot it up, and it grabs me, I’ll try and finish it in one sitting. Also want to watch tv shows I’m behind on, and maybe some horror flick late night. Apropos horror: maybe I’ll install Outlast again (the first one). I’ll admit that it had me chickened out, so maybe I’ll ease into it in daylight, speakers set to low – instead of my usual rules of playing horror in complete dark and with headphones. :D

11. aircool says:

I’ve got an Arkanaut Ironclad to build and paint :)

12. haldolium says:

Prey mostly I think.

Grizzly says:

Dirt Rally! Got back into the game after many people got it in the Humble Bundle, and there’s currently a league running.

Otherwise, it’s racing games upon racing games atm. I did take a dive into Mankind Divided since I now went ahead and got all the achievements for Dishonored 2, but it’s clearly the weaker of the two games.

14. Aetylus says:

Also Stellaris. I don’t like space games but gave it a go for EU4 and CK2’s sake. First time I tried it I bounced off. For some reason I fired it up again and I’m loving it second time around. Strange… but good.

Oh, and more Atlas Reactor, the MOBA for strategy gamers.

15. Halford9000 says:

I’ll be playing the long-awaited relauch of DarkFall: Rise of Agon, that happened yesterday. They did a really good job of getting rid of everything bad gameplay, balance and progression wise. The community response is overwhelming and the game now has more players than ever. If you like sandbox mmorpgs with graphics from 2009, hop in; the water is warm.

16. ropeladder says:

Steamworld Dig. It’s, um, honestly not that fun. The graphics are cute and it feels pretty polished; otherwise though the basic game loop and game world are just really dull. (Particularly compared to Spelunky)

• Sin Vega says:

I had the same experience, and got entirely bored of it within probably less than an hour.

• headless97 says:

My experience with SteamWorld Dig was weird. I started to play it and decided that I didn’t really like it. But for some reason, I kept going back to it and ended up enjoying it. It’s flawed and repetitive, but something about it clicked with me. Not a highly recommendable game, but a good fit for certain people.

17. AlphaW0lph says:

Tank Warfare, Tunisia. Another brilliant Graviteam Tactics game. Not only this weekend but many more to come…

18. The Bitcher III says:

1 trip to Morrison’s for a game of ‘eat well for less than a fiver a day’
    1 hour of shuffling and deleting crap on my compuder,
    Then have a look at Flinthook and a couple of other things, until it gets dark.
    Then Prey.

19. Serenegoose says:

Nioh! I know, it’s not on PC and that’s very bad of me, but it is very fun and seems to be getting more fun as I go, so that’s kept most of my attention the last week or so.

20. gabrielonuris says:

I’ve bought Republic Commando (because May the 4th, that’s why) to play between sessions of Starcraft 1. Not the HD version, the old one, which is free now.

I was never a fan of RTS games, but goddammit, Starcraft could be 15 missions shorter and it would still be big enough. 30 missions where you do basically the same freaking thing gets boring after a while.

21. scut says:

I’ll be playing Starsector. The latest update added salvage mechanics, and unexplored spooky fringe stars with mysterious derelicts to loot. They will probably murder my fleet when I get cocky.
    If you are unsure about investing in a game that is not yet complete, I bought the game a couple years and many updates ago and it was more than worth the asking price back then. Every update expands and refines the game, plus it has a strong mod community that has made tons of quality content you can easily bolt on.

• bills6693 says:

I got an Astral Carrier randomly drifting. It has a D mod but it’s one that doesn’t affect it as a carrier (armour or something). Sudden massive increase in power.

Sustained Burn a bit too powerful right now though, whizzing my carrier, frigates, tanker and cargo vessels (for reaching the fringes, salvaging derelicts and having enough fuel to get back) all at burn 20, or 19 through deep hyperspace and avoiding any fleet I don’t want to fight. A bit much.

22. acespade22 says:

My favorite article every week but does anyone else skip the writers and just go right to the comments? The dudes are always playing lame games and the red head chic is always crying about what she has to do and never anything gaming related. Anyway ill be playing age of wonders 3 which I picked up on sale through steam .. I’m curious to see just how good this is with all the glowing reviews. Also would like to jump back in zelda as I have barely had time to make any real progress in it

• criskywalker says:

Hahaha​ I fully agree. This comments section is gold and I’ve got to get interested in many cool games thanks to you guys.

• Chairman_Meow says:

You leave Pip alone! Monster!

• welverin says:

Pip isn’t crying about anything. She talks about what she plans to do on the weekend which isn’t gaming becaus eshe plays games for a living snd prefers to do other things on her days off.

23. skeletortoise says:

Curious Expedition. My time with it has gone like, “Huh, what a pleasant diversion, though a little more shallow than I expected. Hmm, I wonder why I keep failing in the third expedition? I should call it quits after I’ve managed to reach the Fourth. Ah, here we are. Oh. Uh. Oh no. Oh god. Please no. Holy shit. Huh, well I guess beating a full game of this is my life’s mission now.”

I also hope to read words on paper so I feel less lazy as I lay around. And I may succumb to picking up WiiU Breath of the Wild while I’m out doing errands, which would probably eclipse the whole weekend and the next week.

24. NetharSpinos says:

Still Fallout 4, Total Warhammer, models etc. And now Everspace! Finally something new to report. A cheeky cheerful little arcadey spacey roguelike, it’s jolly good fun. Still in EA, but crawling out of it at the end of this month (as Alice reported back in, er, sometime).

particlese says:

So far, doing a bit of everything in ESO on both the US and EU servers, with end goals of providing better support in pvp and of being an all-around resource for the RPS guilds on each server.

Because I liked it so much, I also want to mention that I finished Sword & Sworcery last weekend after a ~4 year hiatus which began after collecting the first trigon. It was a really cool, odd little game, and it did some great stuff with music. I thought it could have used a little more synchronization between boss battle proceedings and their music to make them even more satisfying, but what was there was pretty great regardless, and I suppose it might have felt more like a rhythm game if they did sync everything. It also felt good to finish such a long-dangling thread, so I’ll see if I can do that with another game this weekend.

Ben King says:

Oh man, I still haven’t finished that one myself. I stalled once advancement meant fiddling with the computer clock settings or literally waiting 3 weeks, but I’d still like to see it through.

particlese says:

Ahhh, yes. There is a non-cheating way around it, but it seems initially unlocking it also depends on the moon phase. I apparently stumbled across it years ago and took an extended break for no reason I can remember. Knowing me, I probably thought the lunar shenanigans would be more tedious than they turned out to be.

• floogles says:

Oh I loved that game. Has a fantastic mystical atmosphere which they tried to ruin a few times. Also finishing a hiatus game like this is one of the best feelings in gaming.

26. Zenicetus says:

I finally broke down and bought Total War Warhammer. I’ve played all the TW games and CA didn’t change much of the underlying format, so it feels pretty familiar. I’m not a huge 40k/Warhammer fan, the whole thing feels a bit silly. But what I like so far, is the way factions are designed from scratch for interesting unit balance, instead of being constrained (at least a little) by historical realism. Sometimes that leads to boring armies in the historical TW games. These armies are goofy, but they aren’t boring. I’ll also be playing some Endless Space 2 early access for a change of pace.

I thought about picking up Prey, but I want to read more reviews. Running around a space ship/station shooting or hiding from monsters is something I’ve seen (and played) too many times. So maybe I’ll wait for a sale, unless reviews say there’s something really compelling in this game.

Ben King says:

I’m probably going to play some Transistor this weekend which I finally started mid week after picking it up over the holiday sale. My GF also just bought a 3rd PS4 controller so we are hoping we can drag our friend away from Elysium Project’s vanilla WoW servers for some mindless Diablo3 while eating what will hopefully be my first ever grilled BBQ baby back ribs. Do British peoples have BBQ, or is that just an America thing? I haven’t traveled much…

• NetharSpinos says:

We do indeed have BBQ, though it is restricted by national consensus to the hours between 12:03pm and 16:30pm on the 5th of August when the sun is at its peak between the clouds.

Ben King says:

very very interesting… I feel more worldly already.

• Sin Vega says:

We have barbecues, aye, but you have to use charcoal (or, at a push, wood, and/or the masses of paperwork you accumulated from a recently spurned job) or roaming gangs of vigilantes will rightly kill you. Using gas isn’t a barbecue; it’s just useless poncing about with a spare oven.

• fish99 says:

Realistically we have 2-3 months of barbecue weather (depending how far north you live), but it’s still pretty cold right now.

28. St_Jay says:

The division is free this weekend to try on steam, so although im not so much into the shooty stuff thats going on in it, i cannot get enough (so far) of its visuals… i mean the game is so beatiful (especially at snowy night) that after yesterday short session im considering to actually buy it, just for an occasional walk through that place…

darrrrkvengeance says:

About 70 hours into Persona5. Beginning to accept that I won’t make any meaningful dent in my Sisyphean PC backlog before the Steam summer sale. :|

AutonomyLost says:

I’m gonna be booting up Prey here in just a bit. Looking forward to it. And Zelda, of course.

AutonomyLost says:

Quick update: Prey is fucking great. Played for five hours and have loved nearly every minute. Runs like a top, looks fantastic, and the only bug I have experienced is some strange audio transitions when entering or exiting certain rooms. A pleasant surprise overall; I’m gonna dive back in tomorrow.

31. keefybabe says:

Darksiders. Never completed it back in the day and not touched it since the remaster came out. The Darksiders 3 reveal made me want to give it another shot.

• April March says:

I need to get back to Darksiders too. I played the demo on the ‘box back in the day and it was nice, a solid 7/10. Then I bought it for super cheap, started playing, and got bored during a boring part (I think it’s a flying sequence). Every time I resume playing I realize I’m at a boring part and stop. So I’ve had the game for what, five years, it’s usually installed, and I’ve not even arrived at the part I played in the demo.

32. CartonofMilk says:

I’ll be playing action farming game Warfarm. I mean Warframe (i’m hilarious i know).

I hadnt played it since the game was like 4 months old. It’s changed a lot in some ways but not that much in others. It’s a shallow game with just meh gameplay but im kinda hooked on levelling and getting the shiny stuff i want right now. It’ll do me fine until the games i actually want to play come out. If they ever.

33. Shinard says:

Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword. Thought I’d played it to death a while back, but I made the mistake of starting a new character on a whim a couple of days ago and, yep, now I’m hooked all over again. My little man made it big with some smart trades, decided to try raiding the Cossacks, got the stuffing beaten out of him by the Cossacks, lost all his companions and then spent a couple of weeks being imprisoned by endless groups of bloody Tatar Raiders. But now he’s got a gun in his hand, a horse at his side and a small army of badasses backing him up. Things are looking up. Maybe this’ll be the time I finally make it.

34. malkav11 says:

Oh god. Too many options this weekend. The thing I’ll definitely be doing is exchanging the ancient futon I’ve been sleeping on since, gosh…2003? for an actual bed from Casper. Sadly, there’s only room in my apartment for one, but my parents still own a house in town even though they don’t live here anymore, and while they’re renting out most of it, they maintain part of the basement to stay in while they’re in town. So I’ll be moving the futon there and they’ll get some use out of it while still preserving it as a furniture option whenever I finally buy a house. Or such is the plan.

Meanwhile, still working on Mass Effect Andromeda, kinda want to go back to Dishonored 2, want to farm gold in Hex, want to try out Prey and some of the games I got from the latest Humble Bundle and Humble Monthly, and also I want to watch a Let’s Play of Horizon Zero Dawn, and binge the new season of Sense8, and go back and finish out Iron Fist, and watch the second season of Colony, and catch up on Outcast and Riverdale, and watch the rest of the new Exorcist TV series, and, and…

AutonomyLost says:

I’ve heard a couple of ads for Casper on podcasts lately. I haven’t looked into the company myself but the pitch is convincing. Enjoy the upgrade!

Also, video games etc. etc.

• malkav11 says:

It was recommended as the best mattress on the market on Lifehacker and I’ve heard nothing but good things from anecdotal sources. I will say that the fact that they ship free to your door and the foundation and frame looked very easy to assemble were also big selling points for me.

Thus far I can only report that the frame and foundation are just as tool-free and easy to assemble as advertised and the mattress inflates very nicely from its packed form. It seems to have a little give, but not lots. Very much looking forward to sleeping on it.

35. Jac says:

I asked my horse for inspiration and it said “preigh”

phuzz says:

Still having enormous fun slogging through The Witcher 3 for a NG+ playthough. Same as last week, and probably the same next week.

37. Gordon Shock says:

I will pass on Prey for the time being. I was just about to purchase it when I read a Kotaku article about Bethesda slamming No Matter Studios for their “Pray to the Gods” title.

I absolutely abhor this pointless and yet uber aggressive corporate litigiousness. It’s one thing to protect a technology that you spent years creating but it’s another to trademark a common word.

As a consumer it brings me great pleasure to stick it to greedy corporations by not giving them my hard earned money. I did the same to InXile and am skipping Tides of Numenera altogether, or at least for such a long time that my purchase will be trivial to them.

I wrote to Bethesda yesterday informing them of my intentions and I wasn’t expecting nor do I wanted a reply but I got one this morning. I sent my email to their “info AT bethsoft” but the reply came from Elder Scrolls Online support, and it was just an automated bot reply. Boy, what a cold cold world we sometime live in.

I love the fact that his community seems hell bent on promoting a “never pre-order” attitude. Frankly, if most gamers would follow suit the industry would turn itself on a dime and change their practices, cause there is nothing they fear more than to lose your dollar. Why don’t we take it a step further by retaliating against horrible business practices as well?

• Kaeoschassis says:

Probably in part because people just want to buy and play the games they find fun, and in part because they want to support the devs of said games, regardless of the practices of publishers.

I don’t disagree with you at ALL, I hasten to add, just answering your (probably rhetorical) question.

• Gordon Shock says:

Indeed it was. That’s the tricky part though, devs are mostly good folks it’s the publishers who are mostly conniving and greedy.

Oh well, considering the size of my backlog, it’s not like I don’t have other games to play.

BTW just so I am clear, I will be buying Prey at one point, just not when it is crucial for the publisher.

38. fish99 says:

Dunno….. errrr….(looks at steam library)… erm.

I wish the temptation to pick up Prey wasn’t so strong, I have a million billion other games I could play, but people keep comparing it to System Shock….

39. headless97 says:

I’ve been alternating between Morrowind, F.E.A.R., and DOOM. I just recently started Westerado, which is a genuinely original take on the typical western tropes. It’s funny, satisfying, and really interesting. I’d recommend it to anyone.

40. headless97 says:

I won’t be playing Prey or Dishonored 2 until they are steeply discounted. I don’t appreciate their review policy; it’s deliberately anti-consumer. I’m interested in playing the games, but I will not support that kind of behavior at $60 or even $30. I grabbed DOOM when they dropped it to $20, so we’ll see.

• fish99 says:

Seems to me that review policy is only to their benefit when they put out a poor game, so 1) it suggests they have no confidence in their games, and 2) it probably hurts sales when they put out a genuinely good game since less people pre-order and the hype moment is gone when the reviews arrive.

The three games they’ve published since that decision: Doom, Dishonored 2 (dodgy PC port aside) and Prey, were actually really good, and strong pre-launch reviews would probably have helped them.

• Shinard says:

I don’t know, I think putting aside Dishono(u)red 2’s PC port is a bit hasty. I think it would have gotten slammed for it, and rightly so. A game’s only as good as your experience of it, after all, and PC gamers got a very bad experience. And that’s why the policy doesn’t sit pretty with me at all.

Still, you’re right about Prey (probably) and Doom. Just seems like a dumb move from the publishers, honestly, but it probably boosts pre-orders even if it damages launch day sales. And apparently that’s what makes the big bucks.

• fish99 says:

I kinda got the impression that Dishonored 2 didn’t sell well and maybe Prey isn’t doing great either based on the prices I’m seeing it sold for at 3rd party sellers. I honestly think their review policy is hurting sales.

75oharas says:

Although my weekend doesn’t start until Monday (stupid shift rota) I will be continuing my Factorio 1.5.6 play through while also going for the lazy achievement (craft less than 111 items by hand) and the one with no laser turrets.

teije says:

Well not Stellaris that has been my obsession lately, pausing my synth playthrough until the patch out on Tuesday that promises to fix some annoying issues.

So a bit of Cosmic Express due to it being touted here – man, are those puzzles hard in a good way!

And who knows what else? Rimworld, maybe finally finish The Witness, we’ll just have to see.

43. kelmorg says:

I think i’m going to give Space Hulk:Deathwing another run through as they have done a bit of updating since i last played.

44. trollomat says:

Long War I has sucked me back in, and it looks very promising this time. France as starting country was a good choice, even seems a bit overpowered.

I’m still at a loss as to how I will handle MECs, though. Any advice?

45. Rainshine says:

Subnautica. I have progressed beyond bare minimums and have started taking apart my base to rebuild it better; the top level is gone now, and power flowing from pinnacle solar panels to the original lower levels of my base. I’ve started breeding animals for fuel, apparently, and the reactor rooms are coming along nicely. I have a new coat, and I’m trying to upgrade my arm. And what do you mean it isn’t finished yet?

Probably Longest Journey too

46. April March says:

Probably the free weekend of Rocket League and The Division, neither of which I think will win me over. If there’s time left probably Enemy and finishing up the tapes from Stories Untold.

47. Someoldguy says:

My kid is at the right age so I’ll be alternating between playing a bit of LEGO games and trying not to swear in his presence as one crashes and I try repeatedly to tweak the pcconfig file for added stability without turning every single graphic setting off. LEGO City Undercover worked like a charm on one machine but has been a real pain in the ass on the other. Fortunately mini-me would rather play with the LEGO dinosaurs and so far that one has been much better behaved.

I would moan about requiring controllers to play smoothly but after surrendering and getting one to play Witcher 3 smoothly and wishing I’d done it earlier, I figure that boat has sailed. Controllers being optimal for some PC games is now a thing.

48. welverin says:

I finished Quantum Break, I plan to make the opposite choices for the junction points, but after that I’m not sure.

I still want to play Mass Effect Andromeda, but ti got crash happy again so I probably won’t do that. I should go back to Dishonored 2, not sure I’m in the right frame of mind for though. Maybe Bayonetta, or continue working on my Titan in Destiny, or maybe I’ll star Horizon or Prey.

49. Jernau Gurgeh says:

Even though I have over 100 PC games unplayed in my Steam & Gog libraries, I’m replaying Destiny single player on my PS4, going through the original campaign, the the two expansions, then The Taken King and finally Rise Of Iron (which I’ve not played up to now) in sequence. Because I like Destiny. It’s pretty and undemanding. So there.

Comment on this story