God of painting Bob Ross is coming to Smite

Smite Bob Ross

Here’s some words I never thought I’d write: Bob Ross is coming to Smite [official site].

The soft-spoken painter, famous for his excellent hair and The Joy of Painting TV series, will feature as a skin for Sylvanus, riding atop a treant and flinging paint.

Cult hero Ross, who passed away in 1995, is also getting his own jump stamp, loading frames to turn card art into paintings and a new loading screen, featuring a backdrop of one of his works.

Ross gained attention within games in 2015 through a nine-day Twitch marathon of The Joy of Painting, and Joy has since become a regular feature on the livestream site.

I’ve wiled away many an hour listening to Ross’s soothing tones – “We don’t make mistakes, we just have happy accidents” – so I’m glad this unlikely tie-up is a thing.

The Bob Ross Bundle will be available on 9 May and will cost 700 in-game gems or $9.99 on Twitch Commerce.

The news has also prompted me to look up some of the great man’s glorious quotes – here’s 50 of the best.

From this site

1. FurryLippedSquid says:

If anyone would like it without the Smite logo for wallpaper…

link to i.imgur.com

2. trjp says:

Bob Ross remains one of the best things the human-race has ever produced…

3. Snowskeeper says:

It’s time to beat the Devil out of it.

4. Darth Gangrel says:

Bob Ross + Smite = The Joy of Painting With Your Enemies Blood.

5. bill says:

Does anyone outside the US know who he is?

Is he like the American Tony Hart?

• fish99 says:

UK here, and I know him only through his Twitch channel :)

• Kerbolosh says:

Germany here. His show did run late at night on a minor TV channel. I regularly came home drunk after a party and watched his show.

• Malcolm says:

His show was all over “The Learning Channel” in the early days of cable TV in the UK. About the same time “The Box” was wall-to-wall Wannabe by the Spice Girls.

I’m too creaky to be watching Twitch but from what I remember he had a similar demeanour to Tony Hart – but the Joy of Painting was not a Children’s programme of course.

6. racccoon says:

oh! the joy of painting, lets just put a happy tree here ..ooops 1’ve dropped a pot of paint lovely happy yellow expression on your new cork floor! that’s ok its in happy place now, we all happy! its happened n e v e r mind, it looks like we need just need to add little more, thats the spot! just a splash of red or maybe we’ll just get a rag, cloth of oily greasy rag ha! ha! whatever you want just be in that joy! we can do anything! anything we want to do! lets even pour some happy water! look at it fall, all the way to the ground! splish! splash! splish! splash! bit brown! bit white! few strokes with nice little darling of a brush! we’ll forget the happy tree but we made the floor look just as happy! makes it nice, just like spring time, Hope this works for you, whats the worst that can happen, lovely, let me get a knife and dig some holes in this cork its so lovely! nice little holes, lets just go for a run & take my shoes off slide around on this lovely paint just like a meadow ok, take some pictures! send them to me! i can work into the floor like this…ermmmm! errmmmmmp! ermmmmph!! there! we are all happy now, and i know your feeling happy too! just look i change the colour so you can look at it with a happy face now you got yourself a happy colourful corked floor.take some pictures send them to me. now….o k…run errhhhhhhheeekkkkk! SHut!! run! run! run! be H A P P Y!!! bye ! bye! my cool friends, there we are, sometimes you just got to run! a happy run:)

7. Freud says:

They are all in with these meme skins. While it’s low hanging fruit, if it sells it sells.

Nauallis says:

Sometimes you have to paint sad clouds.

9. Robstafarian says:

Why does that version of Bob Ross look so much like Gaz Williams?

Comment on this story