LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 KONK!ing to November

Those dastardly villains at TT Games have again turned their plasticising ray on the supermen of the Marvel universe, announcing an intent to trap these plasticmen in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 [official site] later this year. Once again, it’ll bring minimen fighting minimonsties in BAM! BIF! POW! action across time and space with jokes and all that. Our resident cackling villain John really dug the original LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, calling it “bloody brilliant” in 2013 and later declaring it one of the best action games. More of that sounds good. Here, have a peek in this teensy trailer:

The announcement says Heroes 2 has “a completely original branching storyline” and “introduces amazing new gameplay features, including the ability for characters to manipulate time and a four-player competitive Super Hero battling mode.” The blurb continues:

“Players will go head-to-head with the time-traveling Kang the Conqueror in an epic battle across Chronopolis, from Ancient Egypt and The Old West to Sakaar and New York City in 2099. Along the way, gamers will be able to take control of a host of iconic characters, from Cowboy Captain America from the past to Spider-Man 2099 from the future along with Thor, Hulk, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Green Goblin, and dozens of other Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains.”

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 is coming November 14th.

I like the tree boy.

Al__S says:

I am Groot. I am Groot? I AM Groot.

2. hellboy says:

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is my favorite LEGO game, so looking forward to this!

Neurotic says:

It’ll be a pre-order in our house anyway, although a bug-free launch properly optimised for PC would be a nice treat too!

4. GallonOfAlan says:

> bug-free launch

Ahahahahaha. Ahahahaha. Aha.

You realise this is TT Games right? Who probably won’t even bother fixing any bugs?

5. Urthman says:

I’m curious how aggressively Marvel will make them downplay the Fantastic Four and the X-Men.

(In the Marvel Heroes online diablolike, they recently replaced all the instances of the Fantastic Four as NPCs with other characters — they’re still there as playable characters.)

Al__S says:

it was one of the interesting things about the first Lego:Marvel that the Fantastic 4 and X Men were very much integrated,

6. somnolentsurfer says:

Will it work?

Having never really played them before, I’ve been enjoying the Lego games recently as they’re all my fiancée will play. Until last week that is, when I got hit by the creators update, and now they’ve all got an odd stutter that makes them unplayable. Every Lego game I own, going back to the first Star Wars, is affected. I’ve yet to find a non-Lego game with the same issue.