What are we all playing this weekend?

Bruce Foxton’s War In The West is rising in the east and, as Gary Gilmore’s Eyes Over Azerbaijan begins to blink, the telegraph taps out this week’s missive from HQ. Roman, as ever, is lurking in the wardrobe with a wicked smile. Wait. Hang on. The cheek of it!

What are you playing this weekend? Here’s what we’re clicking on.

Adam: I’m heading back into Offworld Trading Company to check out the new expansion, Jupiter’s Forge. Competitive real-time economics is how I like to spend a Saturday evening. I’m also planning to make a start on Endless Space 2, having waited so long for it to leave Early Access. STRATEGY STRATEGY STRATEGY.
Alec: I am playing FINALLY UPGRADING MY ANCIENT PC. The deed is done, in fact – it has a new processor, motherboard, memory and hard drive. Now I just need to work out why any game I run on it runs at half the speed it did on the old system. I hate computers.
Alice: Endless Space 2 sounds great! That is the space strategy I want. I’m also committing crimes in Payday 2 once more, following an update giving the meatshield AI squadmates customizable gear and team-boosting passive perks. They remain braindead lumps who can’t even carry a bag farther than ten metres but at least they contribute more. Look, Payday 2 provides the selection of chunky revolvers and pump-action shotguns that other FPSs deny me.
Brendan: The Surge. I was too stupid to get early review code for this sci-fi Souls impersonator, so I’m still slogging through its narrow corridors and killing mobs of disgruntled factory workers. I just dropped 22,000 not-souls after purposefully jumping off a high place so that I would die closer to the restart point. It didn’t work, the not-souls are still on the ledge. Duh.
Graham: I’m going to continue playing Dead Cells, the early access roguelite Brendy recommended last week. It is everything he says it is: frenetic combat, crunchy pixel art and, yeah, I’m getting slightly tired by the sameyness of the opening level each time. I wish it forced me to make a few more important decisions in the initial section. But I’m still loving it.
John: I fully plan to finish CrossCells, which Pip’s reviewing for you gorgeous people. Beyond that, I’ve the usual teetering tower of indie games I wish I had time to play, and the competing interests of a family who seem to think weekends are supposed to be used for wherever this ridiculous “Outside” place is. True fact: no one has ever been eaten by a bear indoors.
Philippa: This weekend I will be playing “continuing to KonMari my possessions”. I’m not particularly stringent with her methods of tidying but some of her ways of thinking about things have enabled me to let go of possessions which have long outstayed their usefulness or gifts which were wide of the mark but which I felt obliged to keep because of the person they were from. She and I have VERY different thoughts about books though and thus my beloved shelves will remain unscathed.

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

1. Chorltonwheelie says:

Might pick up the space COD on the cheapso.
    Immersive Sims are so yesterday Dadio.

2. Ghostwise says:

Burnt out on a lengthy, grindy project. So I’ve been playing way too much Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition because I’m a sucker for classic AARPGs.

• field_studies says:

Oh, I’ve been doing the exact same thing! But might be burning out on the length and the grind of it (sure is pretty though).

• Ghostwise says:

Boots with 20+% run speed and a Hermes relic on sure make the game easier to play in short bursts, as the distance between good save points becomes more manageable.

3. SaintAn says:

I was playing Way of the Samurai 4, and then it made me want to play Samurai in FFXIV so I resubbed that and am getting caught up with everything to get ready. Bit worried about FFXIV though because there are some big hints that it’s not getting the subs it needs to fund its content. It’s likely going F2P/B2P before too long which would be very bad and very sad. Shame they have such an idiot running it. Should bring back Tanaka.

4. Minglefingler says:

Finishing Prey and then, despite promising myself that I would make some progress on my backlog, Endless Space 2. I really hope the end of Prey isn’t what I think it’s going to be but evebn if it is it won’t detract from what has been one of the best games I’ve played in ages. I hope Arkane are allowed to keep doing what they do for a long time.

• TheAngriestHobo says:

I haven’t played Prey, but every review that I’ve read has called its ending predictable. Whatever you think it is, you’re probably right.

Styxie says:

Alec’s problem sounds like what happens when there’s power saving options enabled. If you go into settings on Windows 10, then system, power and sleep, additional power settings, change it to ‘high performance’, click ‘change plan settings’, and ‘change advanced power settings’. In here you should also change PCI Express settings off, so that the GPU is getting enough juice.

Nvidia control panel also has some power saving options enabled by default. Just go into ‘manage 3D settings’ and change ‘power management mode’ in the global settings to ‘prefer maximum performance’. I’m not sure about AMD, unfortunately.

Beyond that, it could be that not enough power is going to the CPU, in which case you’d have to start messing around in the BIOS switching off any default power options. Oh what fun PC gaming isn’t. Just buy a console and never think about this crap ever again.

• Vandelay says:

I had a similar problem as Alec when I built my comp end of last year. Turned out one of the cables was blocking the CPU fan, so it was getting really hot, really fast.

Moving the cable out of the way solved it and the computer was suddenly running like a turtle with a jetpack.

• fish99 says:

Another possibility is the CPU heatsink isn’t clamped firmly at one corner, leading to it overheating. Easy thing to check with CPU-Z or Coretemp.

6. njury says:

Trying out the newly launching Warmine WoW TBC Private server.
    Had a lot of fun playing legacy cient WoW recently but the server I’m playing on is kinda dead, and there’s a server launch today at 3.

7. dethtoll says:

I’m going to be spending some time finishing Tomb Raider 2, the old one. I’ve been chipping away at it, but I had to put it aside completely when I started having problems with my hand. (Carpal tunnel sucks.)

Last real level and then it’s time for the finale fights.

I also took a moment to finally put Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops to bed, which I have been working on for months. I think I genuinely prefer the traditional linearity over PO/Peace Walker/V’s mission-based structure.

Not sure what I’ll do after TR2’s done. Probably something with mouse and keyboard as that seems to be a little less stressful on the hand.

8. lagiacrux says:

Regalia: of men an monarchs
    a new tactics RPG with elements from persona. it has a nice artstyle and the writing is pretty fun.
    also the combat is refreshingly interesting. really enjoying the first 10 hours so far.

• mgardner says:

Thanks for the recommendation, I had not heard of this game but it sounds like something I would enjoy.

9. Ejia says:

Endlessly playing Endless Space. Not the new one, I’m poor.

Also, The Last Federation. I like the idea behind it. In 4X games I’m always the goody-two-shoes, fighting off space pirates and engineering friendships. Science and diplomacy victories are my favorite, and with thr Lost Technology DLC The Last Federation essentially becomes a strategy game where those two are your only options.

Space combat is… a top-down turn-based bullet hell shmup. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Kaeoschassis says:

Last Federation is probably my favourite Arcen game (everyone says AI War, which I enjoyed, but I tend to like their smaller, weirder experiments more for some reason). It’s not actually the case that you have to be friendly to win, though, dropping moons on people or poisoning their entire populations works wonders for changing minds – the win conditions don’t demand you get EVERYONE in the federation, just every survivor. ;p

Also the combat is ACE and I’d love to see it made into a game in its own right.

• Vacuity729 says:

If you enjoy the combat from The Last Federation, have you tried Starward Rogue? It’s something like a bullet-hell shmup, and my favourite mech to use essentially plays in a turn-based system, which really makes things a bit different.
        Another Arcen title, of course.

10. TheAngriestHobo says:

Still hippity-hopping through Mirror’s Edge Catalyst. I really enjoyed the first one, as it reminded me of Portal through its focus on room-based puzzles. The second one is a bit of a different beast, and I’m ambivalent to all the samey, Ubi-esque pickups scattered across the map, but when you get some momentum and flow going, there’s nothing quite like the experience of picking your way across the rooftops.

zinzan says:

Playing my normal Combat Mission PBeM turns, trying to decide what is next upgrade (CPU, GPU or monitor hmmmmmmm)
    Probably some GTA V (Single player as still not finished), possibly some Shadowrun Returns.

Yeah I know I’m well out of date with my gaming (but it’s cheaper and more satisfying to play games once the patches and mods have made it MUCH better)

12. caff says:

I shall be finishing Prey, which is excellent but I’m starting to hate the combat and lack of materials so I’m generally just sprinting past monsters waving at them with my wrench as I bounce around the ceilings.

• Ghostwise says:

Coincidentally, it’s a good description of how I shop.

• ogopogo says:

It’s a strategy with a wide range of applications — for another example, try using it when making love.

13. Vacuity729 says:

There seems to be quite a selection of 4X titles being mentioned this weekend (not just Endless Space 2), so I’ll join in with Age Of Wonders III, which I started the tutorial campaign of last night. Until 0430hrs this morning. Yep, that’s a 4X game right there!

Hopefully I’ll find some more time before Monday morning to continue.

• acespade22 says:

Same im stuck on AOW3 cant believe i just discovered this game now lol

• Vacuity729 says:

I’ve owned it for ages, and known about it being a well-regarded 4X title for even longer. I just never quite got around to trying it out. So far it seems good enough, buy I need to find more time to play, and life isn’t really complying.

14. Michael Fogg says:

Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business. I just had a run through the original campaign, so I decided to try the expansion pack I never finished back in the day. The difficulty (Advanced + import save options) makes it something most suited to frustration-loving masochists, but still it’s some more Jagged Alliance. We supposedly live in an immersive sim golden age. When will the golden age of immersive tactical rpgs come?

15. EgoMaster says:

After 3 years of sitting in my HDD, I just finished Tribes: Vengeance, the last leg of my Metaltech Universe marathon. There were a few missteps in level design but I had a blast. Ken Levine’s writing had a huge part in this.

With that out of the way, it’s time for Legacy of Kain marathon with Soul Reaver.

In other news, I need to continue part 4 of my Dark Eye marathon: Drakensaag. The first 3 games were Attic’s Realms of Arkania trilogy. They were different but welcome. So is this. It’s refreshing to play something that doesn’t belong to or isn’t inspired by AD&D.

• jozinho says:

I finally got around to Tribes: Vengeance a little while ago, but I gave up after getting stuck on the trials, specifically, the one with balls and hoops. Is it worth persevering?

I’m a big Ken Levine fan. Vengeance felt more Freedom Force than System Shock to me, which felt strange in that universe. Still, it’s the first real stab at SP Tribes which was fun.

Ben King says:

Overcooked with my GF a bit, then maybe some witcher 3 if I can monopolize the TV for a few hrs. I’d also like to start the 2nd season of Sens8 just to balance out the constant fear and oppression of The HandmaidsTale. Also I read somewhere that Netflix just put out a feature length adaptation of BLAME! So that too.

17. Moth Bones says:

So, I’m not the only person who occasionally pines for a Bruce Foxton simulator.

I’ll be playing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, which I’ve got right back into. I’m pretty bad at it though.

The Almighty Moo says:

Marie Kondo and I are smashing through a lot of my possessions at the moment, but a collection of retro games and consoles may be a stopping point. Thankfully I have diy tasks this weekend that take precedence.
    “Serious” gaming is on hold for the foreseeable, or at least until I get a sofa.

Ninja Dodo says:

I finished INSIDE earlier. I found it disappointing. I was initially skeptical given all the gushing for what seemed a fairly straightforward game… good-looking and atmospheric (with some very nice animation) but nothing particularly surprising at first glance. It won me over a bit more towards the middle as the puzzles opened up and the world became more intriguing, and then it ended and I really did not like the ending. I can respect aspects of it… technically certainly as it does some inventive and unusual things with its, um, character movement, and there could be said to be a certain poetry to the turning of tables (though this is rather negated by the very last moment), but thematically and aesthetically it was gross and stupid, and in no way fit the preceding game.

Don’t say this often, but I’m with John on this one.

On a technical and visual level the game is solid but I really don’t see how it won ALL the awards at the BAFTAs and Game Developers Choice. Inside should have won Audio, definitely, but Last Guardian should have won Narrative and Artistic Achievement. No contest.

This weekend I will be playing Mankind Divided DLC Criminal Past (I hear it’s good) and maybe trying some HITMAN which I bought after reading Alec’s Golden Age article. I tend to hold off on buying games on release because I don’t have time to play them anyway, but sometimes it’s worth supporting good games at full price even if you’re only going to get to them later. Speaking of which, might also get Prey.

Grizzly says:

I will be playing a bit of Assetto Corsa now that it has been updated. The game keeps progressively getting better. Where Project Cars has a sequel coming, Assetto Corsa is a constant, paradox-style iteration process and I quite like it for that. In the latest update, the AI has been substantially improved and has gained a bit of theory of mind.

I’m also playing Metro 2033 Redux, on the hardest “Ranger Hardcore” setting: This turns the hud off almost entirely and makes ammo very scarce (albeit deadly) so there’s incentive to seek out every nook and cranny, including the safes that have been added to the redux version.

Metro 2033 and it’s sequel really shine when the hud is turned off. There’s many touches that allow the game to be playable: Every weapon has a way to see how much ammo is remaining as part of the model (see-trough magazines, strip magazines), the path to the level exit can be found by bringing up your lighter which emits smoke which points your way. The only downside is that it has QTEs which don’t have prompts either (grr), and the only concession is that there is a UI when you check how much supplies you have remaining, but it’s only there when you go to your “objectives binder” and hold down the right mouse button. All of those are really neat touches and that makes it a shooter worth playing again.

• Otterley says:

Is that the one that keeps dripping mutant spiders down your visor?

21. Expose Gaming1 says:

If I find a little bit extra time I will probably play Diablo III. I decided to start a new char because of the new season. I haven’t played in a long time. For this game, I need to take breaks in between seasons since its very repetitive.

If both of my friends are online, I will probably play Rocket League. I just got to Platinium 1 yesterday, and it’s starting to get fascinating.

Or if I’m feeling it I might bust out Pokemon Gold. I saw a picture this week, and I remembered how awesome this game is.

So many choices…. so little time.

22. Harlaw says:

I finished The Witcher 3 this afternoon. I feel strangely empty now. :(

On the plus side of things I’ve still got the 2 expansions to look forward to, but I think I’ll process a bit and play some other games first.

I’ve also still got a Pillars of Eternity playthrough which I should finish, especially because I backed the sequel. And I’ve been playing Regency Solitaire too, which is a nice diversion for when I’m craving something fun and relatively simple.

jssebastian says:

Could be a good idea to wait a little.. Hearts of Stone is good but it does feel a bit anticlimatic/lower stakes played right after the main campaign’s epic ending…

23. criskywalker says:

I’ll be playing Rocket League as usual. I don’t think I’ll ever get bored of this game. Even when I’m losing it’s crazy fun.

I’ll also continue playing Doom 2016 while trying to find the best performance/looks configuration. Sometimes it’s 60 fps and then it becomes a slide show, even on Vulkan.

I’ve lost my Oxenfree savegame and would like to play it, but I haven’t found the will to start it all over again.

Also some Hearthstone. Finally getting the hang of the new cards.

cairbre says:

I’m playing hungover

25. fish99 says:

My answer for the next month or so is likely to be Witcher 3.

About 20 hrs in so far. The game isn’t the work of perfection I’ve been lead to believe, but the story, world, characters, dialogue, (most of) the voice acting, facial animations, cut scenes and graphics are all out of this world, especially compared to the dross that gets served up in a Bethesda RPG.

My opinion hasn’t changed on the game mechanics though. The combat is thankfully decent, but the other movement and interaction mechanics are somewhere between mediocre and plain bad. It doesn’t ruin the experience, but it does add a layer of frustration.

I’m very much hooked on the world and story though and wanting to see more. It’s the sort of game I can see myself spending 200hrs in (inc the DLC).

• mabeo says:

For the next month? I thought the same in February, but each time I think “yeah, this has got to be almost the end”, another chapter opens. I’m 140 hrs in and planning on finishing it sometime this year now.

jssebastian says:

I’m also in the 140 hours range and near the end of hearts of stone… so by the time I’m done with blood and wine it will be what? 180 hours? That’s the longest I’ve poured into a single games since… probably since high school!

• fish99 says:

I powered through 170 hrs of Breath of the Wild in around a month, which will tell you that I can get quite addicted to a game, and that I have plenty of free time right now.

I’m not quite that addicted to Witcher 3 yet though, so maybe it will take much longer.

26. and its man says:

This week, I’ve been playing a few short narrative experiencettes, some recently released, Emporium (diligently-crafted for an elegant result, though maybe it suffers a little from the overgloomy-fication of its backstory) and The Fan (oh well…), some older, Cyber City 2157: the Visual Novel, and Sunset (ok, that one’s not short at all). Also played James Earl Cox III’s An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge. (Psst! The man is trying to make a few of his games available on Steam via Greenlight. To my knowledge, only You Must Be 18 or Older to Enter has been greenlit so far.)

I’ll go on this week-end, maybe with The Mooseman, and very likely with SPACEPLAN. “Based partly on a total misunderstanding of Stephen Hawking’s A Brief History of Time.” I’m in.
    But suggestions are welcome.

And perhaps put our couple’s cohesion on test playing some Ibb & Obb with my wife. I don’t know. Maybe it’s a bad idea. Her brain melted halfway through The Floor is Jelly’s water level.

27. deejayem says:

Signal from Tølva. I enjoyed Sir You Are Being Horribly Murderised, but I didn’t love it. But Tolva really nails it, as far as I’m concerned. It’s half being a robot explorer/archaeologist in a fantastically drawn sci-fi landscape full of the best kind of weird, and half brutal open-air combat between robot factions. It’s the most Stalkerish game I’ve played since Stalker, as I suppose you’d expect from Big Jim.

28. brucethemoose says:

Just Cause 3 MP.

After what seems like ages, 0.9.9 is finally out, which means the next step is the Steam release.

Speaking of which… You should keep your eye on that RPS. It flew under the radar for some time, yes, but the mod is not dead yet.

29. Fnord73 says:

Still trying to get my head around Stellaris, wich I love but suck at. How in gods name does sectors work? Is there any proper in-depth guide to the game? Why are all my neighbours so aggro, even on low aggro? How can they afford building those fleets? Argh.

30. Monggerel says:

Replaying Jedi Outcast & Academy, because they are humankind’s greatest accomplishment.
    After that… hmm. I really want to check out a bunch of older games I missed out on, not sure where to start.

Where to start?

31. MikhailG says:

The Surge has captured me. It plays quite a bit like a soulslike game but it has some ideas of its own. The level design is certainly better than lords of the fallen, but still falls short of the souls games. Slamming peoples faces with hydraulic metal slabs is massive fun though, the animations are neat

32. Jonfon says:

Played Stellaris to death (haven’t won, the galaxy has just kind of ossified into a cold war. If I left my Federation chances are there’d be war declared on me straight away but my massive fleet probably isn’t up to defeating 3 almost-as-big fleets).

So Path of Exile until I get rich enough to get Endless Space 2 (next payday, maybe).

I actually have a decent mix of games in my queue (Torment, Tyranny & Prey) but can’t seem to be bothered playing more than 20 mins of each.

33. Viral Frog says:

This weekend I will finish Steamworld Heist. I’m on the palace in sector 2 which is about 2/3 to completion. I’ve been going back to pick up all the spare stars I missed, so it’s taking longer than I expected. I’m surprised that I actually care to go back for them because I’m not a completionist. But the hats… the hats!

I will also be playing some more Dark Souls. I just cheesed the Capra Demon. I’m fairly certain I could have eventually defeated him the legitimate way, but I got impatient. It doesn’t help that I’m a hit out of practice, having played only a few hours since last year in March.

I will also be sprinkling in Plague Inc. here and there. I have no idea when it ended up in my library, but it did. Probably had a few too many drinks and bought it on a sale at some point during the winter months. Anyway, that’s besides the point. I absolutely love this game. Only played 1.1 hours but I was able to finish the tutorial, fail one main game campaign, then successfully eliminated humanity on he second campaign attempt. I have a feeling I will be sinking a lot of time into this game.

• Kingseeker Camargo says:

What variety of cheese did you use with Capra? I always mean to try the “dung pie through the fog gate” one, if only for the laughs

• Viral Frog says:

I went the firebomb over the fog wall route myself. I’ve heard of the dung method but I’m not sure where to get tjatnmyself. :P

34. Kingseeker Camargo says:

I just built a new PC and finished installing the basic stuff (OS, Steam, Dark Souls 1 and 3, Bayonetta and NieR), so I’ll probably relax a bit and continue with the NG+2/Episode 3 of NieR because I love this game to bits and I wanna see how it all ends before I step on a spoiler landmine somewhere in the internets, a risk that gets more and more real as days go by.

Though I’m also tempted to do some Dark Souls 3 to pass the time, just to *finally* see it running at something close to 60 fps.

Also, installing more games.

35. malkav11 says:

Now that I’m done with the game known as “Utterly Interminable Windows Update That Didn’t Run Overnight Like I Told It To”, probably a mix of Ghost Trick and Mass Effect Andromeda, with a bit of Hex here and there. I put Andromeda down because there was a guaranteed crash going near the quest I was trying to do, but they’ve hotfixed that now. I may also dip more into Prey but I confess I’m finding the combat rather offputting, particularly the bigger alien that just murders me that’s only a few feet into the second area of the game. I imagine I can steer clear of it but…ugh.

• Someoldguy says:

I swear Windows updates are designed intentionally to frustrate their user base. Would you like to do this update tonight as you switch off? Yes please. Ok, I’ll do 5 minutes now and switch off. Then when you power on tomorrow morning and have important things to do I’ll take 70 minutes. Aaaaaaagh!

36. Merry says:

I was too stupid to get early review code for this sci-fi Souls impersonator

I didn’t know you had to pass an IQ test to qualify.

jssebastian says:

Just played a bit more last guardian, with my daughter yelping at me whenever I do a scary-looking jump…

Hopefully finish the Hearts of Stone expansion of the Witcher 3? I’m not far from the end, was feeling a bit aimless for a while but now that the cards are on the table I’m curious to see where the story goes.

And minecraft in split screen with my daughter, as usual…

DelrueOfDetroit says:

How old is your daughter? Just a heads up that there’s a bit at the end she might find a little too scary.

jssebastian says:

she’s 6 and, in the current phase, easily scared… The suits of armor are already scary, though she’s gotten used to them now. To be honest, some of those jumps across floating platforms are pretty scary for me too!

38. NetharSpinos says:

Stellaris! It’s wonderful and I love it. Though the hotfix did not throw the galaxy into the same disaster dominoes that preceded World War 1 (Galaxy War 1?) as I hoped it might it has still revitalised the game. I’m currently in the middle of the Prethoryn Scourge crisis, watching the South East quadrant being slowly consumed whilst thoughtfully drumming my fingers on my chin and pondering what to do about it.

I’ve also made a race of adorable despotic slaver moth people. They’re so cute!

39. FizicsMcmanus says:

Ravenfield… It’s a single-player, Battlefield 2, crude-graphics mash up. I don’t know why but I find it hard to put down.
    I don’t know why I can’t stop but must… kill… evil red empire!

Don Reba says:

Probably won’t have time for anything except Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness. Visual novels are nice to play while eating, and this is the best VN made to date.

I keep my books digital unless they are mostly about illustrations or have never been scanned. It’s the tidiest way to go about it.

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Dead Cells and Prey. Prey and Dead Cells. Cells and Prey Dead.

Bought Dead Cells this week with the munnies from selling a Horace Hat ($14 this year, man it was sweet when you could get $30 for them.) Not much to say about it that hasn’t been said. It’s fun. Not a huge fan of the character sprites. They are waaaaay too obviously 3D renders turned into pixels.

42. Hao-Sen Lin says:

I’ve been choosing what games to play based on what works well while listening to an audiobook. I’m playing Hitman right now and spending large amounts of time just exploring the levels while I listen and also playing the Antistasi mod for Arma 3. It sets you as a guerrilla fighter with the task of taking back the island from hostile forces, so pretty much Far Cry 3/4. The slow pace of Arma 3 works really well for audiobooks, lots of patrolling the beautiful game world and scanning the horizon as I wait for the AI under my control to get into position.

particlese says:

I was told today that I might like Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist, and I very much did. It’s a free, mini Stanley Parable-em-up in part from at least one Stanley Parable mind, and I agree with Alec that one should go play it if they haven’t already. Not sure how I missed it and that article back in 2015…

Also, I finally got the level 4 hand in Devil Daggers, despite the run falling short of my longest by 20 seconds. I was so excited I didn’t put it to very good use…

Otherwise, more ESO, maybe some VR games?

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Crows Crows Crows has a newsletter that is both helpful and hilarious. They treat their e-mails as part of their company’s reputation and as such keep them entertaining.

RIP Sendy

particlese says:

Hmmm, maybe I’ll sign up after all, then. I’m not much of a newsletter guy, so I mostly ignored that part. (Either in-game or their website after the game; I forget.) I do like their style, though.

44. Stevostin says:

Lego World, with son. Infuriating on occasion, but overall, good stuff.

45. jomurph86 says:

This weekend, the incredibly ugly/superlative Dream Quest has been getting a lot of play time.

46. acerbobo says:

Playing through Company of Heroes 1 Complete Edition campaign. Finishing the first part ‘Invasion of Normandy’. Still a lot left and I’m really enjoying it.

Also bought Wolfenstein: The New Order and having a lot of fun with it too.

Got me thinking; a WW2 strategy game like COH blended with the alternate history style of Wolfenstein with all the tech and crazy weapons/enemies. That would be so cool

47. skeletortoise says:

Can totally relate to Pip. Moving out at the end of the month and I’m surprised and pleased how easily I’m able to rid myself of things I’ve held onto forever. But not books. Never books.

Anyway, as for games, Breath of the Wild. Always, and forever.

Don Reba says:

I moved countries several times, so I have learned not to get attached to things that don’t fit in the 40 kg weight limit.

48. Rainshine says:

Watching Richard Thompson live.
    /brag

49. Rumpelstiltskin says:

finishing hanano 1.000 after RPS’s recommendation. that thing is tough as nails

50. The Bitcher III says:

I played ‘Rufus Reinstalls Windows 10’. A fearful game, with an appreciably logical core (UEFI and partitioning) underpinning its puzzles – spoiled by cheap GOTCHAs, like RUFUS quietly resetting options *after* you select the ISO (which is, geographically and logically, the last choice on the menu). Moon logic dictates that the USB will feign to be fully functional whilst your existing UEFI partition remains, but as the BIOS booted the USB in legacy mode, Windows will report it can’t install to that partition because how does it know your bios can handle UEFI.

I am now an expert on filesystems, UEFI, BIOS, USB options, and all manner of boot sectors, UEFI and legacy.

PBR for the Win (dows 10)!

I must add that I won’t be answering any questions on the matter, as during the process a sizable amount of facial hair grew beneath my chin. To ‘Help’ people would only be to cheat their pleb selves out of the chance learn for themselves. Sink or swim, normies.