Podcast: The Electronic Wireless Show talks Friday the 13th, Gwent, CrossCells and preparations for E3

The RPS podcast of yesteryear, the Electronic Wireless Show, is now the RPS podcast of presentyear after a triumphant return. In this episode (two in one week!) we chat about our E3 expectations, the asymmetrical multiplayer slasher Friday the 13th, Witchery card game Gwent, and maths-em-up CrossCells.

Also featuring listener’s questions and Patch Adam, in which we jumble fake patch notes into a pile of real ones and ask Adam to guess which are true and which are false. This week: Crusader Kings II!

You can listen above on Soundcloud or download it for later. You can also get the RSS feed here or find it very soon on iTunes, Stitcher or Pocket Casts. Jaunty theme music is by Jack de Quidt.

Links and info:

Friday the 13th review

CrossCells review

Gwent preview

The new Ubisoft ice cream swirl

Crusader Kings II patch notes

From this site

1. Ditocoaf says:

I was overjoyed two days ago to see the podcast come back, that was the main thing I was hoping to see out of The Changes. But I don’t think I can keep up with a twice-a-week pace!

It’s just like my fears about you guys expanding in general: More articles isn’t better, because my time remains limited, so it just forces me to spend more effort filtering and choosing! I always read you guys because you were a smaller games site with a focus that fit well with my own tastes, I could skim all articles and read most of them and feel that was a good use of time.

2. Wulfram says:

Nantes doesn’t have two syllables, its pronounced Nont

• TillEulenspiegel says:

Foreign pronunciations are always tricky. Good rule: stick to the accepted English pronunciation when there is one (eg, Paris or Napoleon), but go all out when there isn’t. Deviating from this simple rule in either direction is extremely dangerous.

3. caff says:

Very happy to see this become a regular thing! Crate and Crowbar is a regular part of my life and so will this be now.

4. PharaohAtem says:

Personally, i could never get into math/logic puzzle games like CrossCells or HexCells. Can you guys recommend any games like these which are a bit easier on the math side(Absolutely No Multiplication)?

• Vandelay says:

CrossCells is the first of the Cells games to require maths. Hex and SquareCells are both simply logic puzzlers. They are kind of like some sort of Sudoku, Picross and Minesweeper hybrid. Highly recommend both.

As for SquareCells, I am somewhere north of level 30 and the maths has been pretty straightforward for me, and I generally am crap at mental arithmetic. It has all been adding and multiplying single digit numbers so far.

5. King_Rocket says:

Is there a dedicated Rss for the podcast at all like the old one had?

6. lieberstrack says:

just a heads up for your streamlining department, if one downloads these like I just did the most recent three, they are called “EWS final may 30.mp3”, “episode 4 final.mp3” and “ews 2 final.mp3”.
    it’s a long time soundcloud quirk, that whatever you name and tag on the site, your file will keep the name it had when uploaded.

7. someoneelse84 says:

Is there any chance of smaller file sizes for us poor people in Africa? Data charges here are huge, its like I have to pay 50p for each podcast… Ill still listen regardless, really enjoying these.

Comment on this story