Kingdom Come: Deliverance gets a new trailer

Kingdom Come: Deliverance banner

Ever since I read Edwin’s early thoughts on medieval RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance [official site], in which he slung turds at a man who was singing a song he didn’t like, I’ve been intrigued.

Warhorse Studios and Deep Silver have now put up a new trailer featuring a lot of good-looking environments and townsfolk going about their daily routines (as well as teasing a bit of non-specific news for next Friday).

The hallmark feature of the open-world game is its detailed melee combat but, as Edwin said, the game might end up shining as an AI sandbox. Here’s what he thought after playing a bit of it:

“Almost every character in the game, from sweaty labourers to haughty princelings, has a routine, a vocation and preferences that can be preyed upon to varying effect. Deny somebody a seat at the pub, and they may choose to drink elsewhere tomorrow. Ransack a forge and the owner may lack the means to create metal products, causing prices to rise.”

It also counts bloody Brian Blessed among its voice actors, which can only be a good thing. The big man said that “it’s well-written and it is written in English in rather a classical style, because of history”. That’s pretty much the only endorsement you need, right?

You can watch Blesso talk about his role as Lord Konrad Kyeser, a famous German military engineer who lived in 15th century, here:

1. Ethaor says:

RPS announcing a teaser annoucing an incoming annoucement. That’s a bit too much marketinception for me.

• SaintAn says:

They’re owned by a corporation now. Get used to it.
      They’ll be reviewing movies and recommending anime before long.

• Paul says:

Complaint would have merit if the teaser was your typical corporate “show a logo and a date” bullshit, not when the teaser has 90 seconds of new inengine footage and is overall pretty cool.

• Stevostin says:

In that case that’s substantial up to date footage of a contender for a milestone new RPG with a lot of unique design takes. It is news for me.

2. Esin12 says:

Rad. Been pumped for this game for a while now. Hopefully they’re coming close to announcing a release date.

goodpoints says:

Heh. Should be interesting to see what role Kyeser plays. Don’t know much about his life but his Bellifortis is some the wackiest of wacky medieval esoterica I’ve seen. Unfortunately I can’t recall where I managed to find a fascimile pdf for free that compiled all the different transmissions and fragments, but there’s some pages from it on wikimedia. Though that doesn’t include his diving suit.

4. Someoldguy says:

I hope it’s about more than fighting because the living sim aspect intrigues me more than stock fantasy RPG introduction #1:

[quote]In the midst of this chaos, you’re Henry, the son of a blacksmith. Your peaceful life is shattered when a mercenary raid, ordered by King Sigismund himself, burns your village to the ground. By bittersweet fortune, you are one of the sole survivors of this massacre.[/quote]

I wonder if my evil half-brother that I don’t know I’m related to was the other sole survivor? ;)

• Stevostin says:

My bet is that you’re completely missing the mark. I understand it’s more about getting a realistic vibe about the life in those days, in which case the village destroyed is more about “well, somehow like that”.

• Someoldguy says:

It’s not me that chose the most overused RPG plotline in history to put on the front page of their website to introduce their game, while misusing the term “sole survivor”. :)

• frightlever says:

Part of the main questline will involve organising a Sole Survivors Support Group, the difficulty is finding a venue big enough for the meetings.

I’ve watched some of the Alpha footage on YT. Erm, yeah. I’m sure it’s better now but what was on display was pretty bad, particularly the characters angrily making a beeline for you with heads like arrow pincushions.

5. tigershuffle says:

Will have to pass unless they have fixed the combat from attaching you to an adversary as its seems very clunky

Looks great but Im still impatiently waiting on Bannerlord

6. Stevostin says:

Watching the place. Well, first time in a while, THAT looks like a place. There’s a certain charm about the think being historically accurate on the top of it.

7. Uberwolfe says:

Now if the RPG elements of Mount ‘n Blade looked like this….

8. Bum Candy says:

I bought the Beta a few years ago and this game is going to be something special. The most realistic woods I’ve ever been in in a game.

Comment on this story